Some Issues I wanna talk about

Flameyboi

NOTE THIS POST IS NOT MEANT FOR DEBATING OR OVER THE LINE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK TOWARDS THE POST OR PLAYERS RESPONDING TO IT. I WOULD RESPECT THE COMMUNITY TO ACT MATURELY AND GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM/FEEDBACK ON THE POST.

This will also be a pretty lengthy post, mainly because I need to see if the community will actually take the post seriously for everything I’m going to be bringing up.

Everything below this message will be based on my own opinion on the topics I’ll be going over. If you have an issue with this post, please talk to me personally and we can talk like grown and mature adults. 

Now when it comes down to a post like this you’re probably going to ignore it and won’t actually read what I’m going to be talking about. I’m not going over one issue, in fact it’s multiple issues. For those who are encouraged to read this entire post and give constructive feedback. Thank you, is all I would like to say and I will love to communicate with you further not only to recognize the issue we are talking about.

It’s to ensure that if these issues can be taken more seriously than players don’t often see them as. I think it’s about time for me to get into the topic itself. There are many great things Gaming Light has to offer, it brings enjoyment to those who want to play the server and have a good time. Although, from a standpoint that people don’t often look at. There are issues that I’d like to bring up. People will tell me, Flame you’re a admin just bring it up to SMT, as much as I want to bring it up to the chain of command, just telling them I feel as if it won’t be enough and I need the community to give feedback based off the issues I’m bringing up. 

I will go over each topic simply but not too overly simplified to where someone will just straight up ignore it which I’m expecting a lot of the player base to do and respond with a comment or a simple sentence not even giving the feedback I’m expecting. Anyways let’s start with a table of contents.

Table Of Contents

Part 1: Communication

Part 2: Events/Game masters

Part 3: Custom Classes 

Part 4: Lackluster of role play influence 

Part 1: Communication

One major issue in the Gaming Light Imperial Roleplay is the major lackluster of communication with the management team, and the player base itself. What I mean by this is some things aren’t being cleared up properly or being told correctly. People have clearly not been notified properly on what they need to be told. In fact this can go to any kind of scenario that has already happened on server. 

mislead with some of the unwritten rules on server towards certain jobs, specifically custom classes, where in fact there hardly is any written rules so people will have to go off staff’s word when sometimes it might not be even right.

Miscommunication between regiments on what they can and cannot do.

Miscommunication between high command and commanders on how to run regiments, (has been getting fixed with new people in charge)

These are only examples of the communication we’re having in the server, some coming from our management team that run the server itself. That correlates with staff as well, coming from me as an Admin over my two months on the server with people acting before thinking without any idea that they’ll get into trouble. 

For example, say if a certain item on the server such as the Star Wars Laser, is a “blacklisted” oh wait I can’t use the word anymore because it has the wrong meaning. I’ll use something else, it’s a  “Unusable” weapon because of its destructive power. So later people see someone using the Star Wars laser and it isn’t the owner but that person got permission to use it from someone else such as a Head Game Master+. By that logic they’re using a weapon which is “Unusable” to anyone else but themselves because they’re more capable of using it which really is understandable but can be looked questionable.

Which has happened to other players and I will not say the names of said players who got in trouble when the laser itself was being used when over a short course of the “Unusable” weapon has been used multiple times with complaint. 

My question to you all since this was my first starter topic and there wasn’t too much to go off on about it. If you can provide feedback off this so maybe you can dismantle my points. my information could be corrected if mentioned to me which would be appreciated. 

Part 2: Events/Game masters

Now be aware I’d like to thank the Game master team for working their hardest to provide the events we play on. Although there are slight issues I wanna bring up with the community which I’m sure they’ve been noticing as well.

When it comes down to the game masters we have on the server. They’re all working their hardest to ensure we all have a great time playing in events. Although I’ve been watching and partaking in the last few weeks. The events haven't been as much of standouts as before. Let me explain, recently events have taken a slight turn in creativity, this goes off of the game master not always taking the blame but someone ruining their event by just helping them. 

Actors chosen not by donator rank but in OOC, often GMs will ask in ooc “Need some actors” and usually grab people that often do a good job but on the other hand don’t. Not this argument has been brought up in several meetings and we’ve been told “we can’t just change that, because they donated. We also have a ban list of people we can stop using them as actors. 

Although this is a okay system, it hasn’t really shown to be efficient. At most only a few players have actually been not allowed to be actors anymore. When we could just make any GM who hasn’t helped in any events or hosted any help one or host one. There should instead be a quota on events helped with and hosted depending on GM’s rank. 

Unbalanced events: Far too many times have there been few events that have unbalanced characters or issues in the event that causes a lot of players to complain. For one thing that most events don’t even actually try to rp some things out. Such as space battles, or random on ship boarding where rebels are randomly teleport-ed into the hangar, instead of a ship flying inside. Or rebels using weapons that they shouldn’t really be using because it’s nearly impossible to get them or they’re using it for its power to achieve the goal or cause as much damage as possible. Such as the e11d. 

It’s an issue often ignored and should be mentioned to the team as of right now.

Part 3: Custom Classes

Now this part will be more in touch in 2 related points that I will be talking about specifically to point out the issues with both points. A brief overview, custom classes are an interesting addition to the server and helps support the community with the player’s own money.

Yet for my first point does the class and more or less the people on the class have any restrictions in the server itself? 

Or to my second point does it have little to no restrictions because they paid to have more fun in the game or do something in the game when other players can't.  

My second point in more of a conversation that can be taken anywhere obviously hints at the idea of “Pay To Win.” Of course I’m not exclusively saying that the idea of custom classes are a pay to win thing. I’m saying this so you can get the current picture I’ll be painting in your mind of this point I’m making. 

Custom classes have large advantages in the server that allow them to do such things, like fly, use utilities, sabers, etc. now this can be a good or a bad thing if you look at it from two ways.

- Good Way: Provides the server money to keep it running, brings enjoyment to the player and maybe even the class for the players. 

- Good Way: Can aids regiments in events with certain issues to deal with such as helping star fighters in the air.

- Bad Way: Items in the class are often abused and the player in the class use the items to their advantage to only make chaos in the server, such as avoiding arrested using utilities such as the jetpacks, grapple hooks (I understand they’re gone right now), and even ships that some classes can spawn. Even worse they can use their items or entities on players.

- Most custom classes don't give an actual RP friendly aspect to the server, some classes either being way too mingy, overpowered, corrected lore wise, or non lore existent. 

- Bad Way: Custom classes could be stealing priority from the specific roles of the server, this isn’t bias just an example. Clan Inferno and Jar Jars both flying ships during an event while 5 Star fighters are online and capable of flying with priority.

Now look at this situation for example, priority. This doesn’t apply to custom classes apparently and only to regiments. This just doesn’t apply to star fighters either, sometimes the job is just stripped from the regiment deserving to handle the situation itself. 

We’ve had issues with custom classes causing chaos or some issues on the server, which makes it hard for staff. For example, recently the custom class and player on the class named Sith Jar Jar Binks spawned his droid star fighter ship and rammed it into several imperial personnel, then running off. 

It makes it harder for staff to find out if it was actually RDM because ramming ships into people doesn’t appear in longs. This is only an example of a situation that happened recently. But going off these examples I included let me get to the actual points, starting with my first point mentioned recently. How staff deals with many players on CCs is always warnings or small verbal warnings. This is because usually there really actually isn’t too many restrictions on custom classes. It comes down to rules being placed on them which I'd like to thank Shadow for making a wonderful suggestion on that and you all should check it out at 

Custom classes have the “safe” capability to do a lot of things on a server, usually whenever. Of course following by the actual server rules, you might say why don’t we treat them like a normal player, and don’t staff have final say? Well yes and no, we can’t stop donors from doing one thing or things because, well they paid for it using their own money. When it comes to issues like players getting killed by custom classes or they’re having a larger advantage than everyone else. It’s becoming so much of a problem that people can say the idea of my 2nd point of “Pay To Win” exists in the server. NOTE THAT THIS INST ME INSULTING THE SMT TEAM OR ANYTHING OF THE SORTS OF THAT, I'M STATING THIS OPINION TO MENTION IT AND RECEIVE CONSTRUCTIONAL FEEDBACK

What I mean by this is simply based off of a few details.

The idea of pay to win comes off the classes themselves, without any rules or restrictions and how we’re supposed to go off the rule book in case they break any of those rules leaves the unwritten rules to go off with.

Having no restrictions to stop any custom class from taking a regiment’s priority because they paid to have such a ability in the server.

Using a hit system from Dark RP as an excuse to RDM on the server without any real RP reason and instead people paying to kill other imperial personnel. Such as (clan Inferno, IG 88, and 0-0-0.)

Custom classes continuously minging and having to be dealt with by staff constantly with little to no stopping them because they paid for such privileges.

With all honesty, Custom classes are a great thing for the server to invest money in and keep it alive but when it gives a complete unfair advantage on the game, enough is enough. 

Part 4: Lackluster of role play influence

One reason as I feel why this won’t be such a huge topic but it’s an issue we kinda need to bring up. Now for starters the event team is constantly improving so this won’t be talked about so much. Yet there is a amount of RP that has lackluster in the server, usually it’s constant minge and just the same regular thing, run and gun, defend ship, interact for small amounts of good rp that just turns into more run and guns. My whole issue with this is just less of an idea of role playing. When there’s time to relax yes and have a downtime but for most days of the week on the server when we hit a constant player count of 50-60 there really isn't something to do for hours on end.  Like I said before game masters have been fixing this so there isn't much of an issue right now.

Yet the issue is still progressing and still exists and that’s unfortunate to see, now we can’t force RP on everyone or force RP at all. Yet a little change can make a difference without any force if people can consider role play more differently than what they do right now where there hardly is any. 

These are most of the issues I wanna talk about mainly, other issues I can bring up easily in private but I feel those are the more appropriate ones to bring up without any conflict arising. Again this post was all based on my opinion and things on the server I wanna see changed but I wanna see how the community on Imperial RP sees it, and provide constructional feedback on how they feel on the topics.

Edited by Flameyboi

2 hours ago, Flameyboi said:

Custom classes have the “safe” capability to do a lot of things on a server, usually whenever. Of course following by the actual server rules, you might say why don’t we treat them like a normal player, and don’t staff have final say? Well yes and no, we can’t stop donors from doing one thing or things because, well they paid for it using their own money. When it comes to issues like players getting killed by custom classes or they’re having a larger advantage than everyone else. It’s becoming so much of a problem that people can say the idea of my 2nd point of “Pay To Win” exists in the server.

Staff have final say on most situations with what happens on the server with users playing rules, Custom Class users are normal players, they are to be treated like everyone else on the server, if they RDM they get a warn, if they abuse their shit they get a warn, its up to the staff member handling the sit.

One major issue in the Gaming Light Imperial Roleplay is the major lackluster of communication with the management team, and the player base itself. What I mean by this is some things aren’t being cleared up properly or being told correctly. People have clearly not been notified properly on what they need to be told. In fact this can go to any kind of scenario that has already happened on server. 

I do not have the time to sit a write out a reason for everything I do or the reasons why. We here at SMT let you guys know about a lot of shit and stuff that happens on the server, maybe we are giving away too much at times, 

mislead with some of the unwritten rules on server towards certain jobs, specifically custom classes, where in fact there hardly is any written rules so people will have to go off staff’s word when sometimes it might not be even right.

Miscommunication between regiments on what they can and cannot do.

Miscommunication between high command and commanders on how to run regiments, (has been getting fixed with new people in charge)

There is always going to be communications issues with every community, server, staff team, command teams and players its something that will always happen and I have been working of fixing it to my best ability for a while now.

Bad Way: Items in the class are often abused and the player in the class use the items to their advantage to only make chaos in the server, such as avoiding arrested using utilities such as the jetpacks, grapple hooks (I understand they’re gone right now), and even ships that some classes can spawn. Even worse they can use their items or entities on players.

They are to be warned like a normal player would, just because they spent money doesnt mean they can break rules.

Bad Way: Custom classes could be stealing priority from the specific roles of the server, this isn’t bias just an example. Clan Inferno and Jar Jars both flying ships during an event while 5 Star fighters are online and capable of flying with priority.

GMs do also delete the ships of Custom Class as well.

Using a hit system from Dark RP as an excuse to RDM on the server without any real RP reason and instead people paying to kill other imperial personnel. Such as (clan Inferno, IG 88, and 0-0-0.)

Custom classes continuously minging and having to be dealt with by staff constantly with little to no stopping them because they paid for such privileges.

They must have a valid RP reason to place the hit on the person that they have a hit on, Shock may also arrest them for doing the hit. (which is all displayed in the Bounty Hunter Guidelines)

Having no restrictions to stop any custom class from taking a regiment’s priority because they paid to have such a ability in the server.

They have to follow the main servers like everyone else has to. (We also have been in the works of making and updating a section in the MOTD for separate custom class rules)

For example, say if a certain item on the server such as the Star Wars Laser, is a “blacklisted” oh wait I can’t use the word anymore because it has the wrong meaning. I’ll use something else, it’s a  “Unusable” weapon because of its destructive power. So later people see someone using the Star Wars laser and it isn’t the owner but that person got permission to use it from someone else such as a Head Game Master+. By that logic they’re using a weapon which is “Unusable” to anyone else but themselves because they’re more capable of using it which really is understandable but can be looked questionable.

The weapons that arnt able to be used (hence the term blacklisted) are listed by the Head Gamemaster and the Manager of the server.

After speaking with my Command and General team at no point has a commander came ot any of us asked what they are meant to be doing, they should know what they are meant to be doing as they slowly learn as they go up the ranks through Officer -> Vice Commander -> Commander

hotshot manager.png

8 minutes ago, Hotshot said:

What part do you disagree with?

The Jar Jars dont care about being arrested and when you said they follow the same rules as everyone, well they dont follow rules and get away with rdm.

also darth jar jar isnt lore friendly when the donation says it has to be lore friendly

Edited by [LN] jaideb

2 minutes ago, [LN] jaideb said:

The Jar Jars dont care about being arrested and when you said they follow the same rules as everyone, well they dont follow rules and get away with rdm.

also darth jar jar isnt lore friendly when the donation says it has to be lore friendly

Don't Worry the JarJar's are being dealt with

• Like 2

hotshot manager.png

• Bread locked this topic