ban appeal- Denied

masen.powers

Anyone can go rouge, anyone can have personal prejudices against another person, there is no saying that this wont influence their judgement. In this case I believe that the person should not be unbanned, im just saying that they should at least be able to be reviewed especially because of how long ago this occurred and maybe at the end of the day the punishment was too severe, it all depends on the situation. What I dont like is that you, because you were SMT, believe that you have experienced more than me and have had to make more important decisions than I have because you were high staff on a video game, but that is just not true buddy. I have made multiple important life decisions that have influenced more than weather or not someone can play a server on Garry's Mod.  Its very possible for a SMT member to go rouge if they feel like quitting, what if they have planned to go rouge and while they can they might take advantage of their position. While I understand that it is the owners decision on whether or not he can trust this power with them, if he does its his choice, im just here to question whether or not it can be completely fair.

At the end of the day sometimes punishments were made in the heat of the moment, and can be appealed a lengthy period afterwards or, right after. Maybe the blacklist was unfair and there were personal biases that took over, then you can have another SMT member or the Owner review the situation to confirm the decision of the blacklist appeal. I do believe that once it is appealed once it should not be appealed again.

2 hours ago, JackOG said:

Anyone can go rouge, anyone can have personal prejudices against another person, there is no saying that this wont influence their judgement. In this case I believe that the person should not be unbanned, im just saying that they should at least be able to be reviewed especially because of how long ago this occurred and maybe at the end of the day the punishment was too severe, it all depends on the situation. What I dont like is that you, because you were SMT, believe that you have experienced more than me and have had to make more important decisions than I have because you were high staff on a video game, but that is just not true buddy. I have made multiple important life decisions that have influenced more than weather or not someone can play a server on Garry's Mod.  Its very possible for a SMT member to go rouge if they feel like quitting, what if they have planned to go rouge and while they can they might take advantage of their position. While I understand that it is the owners decision on whether or not he can trust this power with them, if he does its his choice, im just here to question whether or not it can be completely fair.

At the end of the day sometimes punishments were made in the heat of the moment, and can be appealed a lengthy period afterwards or, right after. Maybe the blacklist was unfair and there were personal biases that took over, then you can have another SMT member or the Owner review the situation to confirm the decision of the blacklist appeal. I do believe that once it is appealed once it should not be appealed again.

First, I would appreciate you quoting me when responding because then I will check the post again and read it closer to when I made my original comment. 

I don't disagree that I have experienced more, as you put it, important decisions because I was high staff on a video game than you. Perhaps to put it in context to better frame my comment in a way that makes more sense instead of being open ended. I believe I have more experience as a "high staff member" on a video game server than you, specifically on Gaminglight which you never were. From previous blacklist's and on the rare occasion in the past when those have been overturned, the resulting issues that arose made it clear that blacklists were issued due to major conflicts with how Gaminglight is a chill and relaxed place for people to hang out and have fun. This I would assume became more of an issue as multiple people who were blacklisted, around early 2019, were removed from the community due to their toxic nature and really just not promoting good behavior on gaminglight. Due to the issues they caused, it became more common place for those people to be removed as they were holding Gaminglight back and allowing blacklists to be appealed would be too time consuming especially since they would just cause more issues. 

Its true that SMT member's could go rogue, and it's definitely a case where they too were blacklisted. However, and I can say this with full confidence, SMT is in a way better position now compared to previously.

What isn't mentioned and most likely is just the impression that players have, is that blacklists are based off one single person making that call without talking with anyone else. That's 100% false, and unfortunately something I don't think I can go into much detail about. 

Finally, I don't think allowing blacklisted people to appeal is beneficial given that every blacklist I've ever seen has been to prevent that person from harming the community in a serious way. While it happened in the past I went into detail above about why I think that was changed to what it is today.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

On 2/21/2020 at 7:04 AM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

Major -Support

Blacklists are not appealable. (https://gaminglight.com/bans/player/76561198151349432)

Also congrats, you are the first person I've seen to be blacklisted by 2 separate SMT/JMT people (guess they forgot to globally ban you..)

Ex - CWRP Admin Alpha| Ex - Clone General Alpha| 

"All of you chumps are gonna bow, when I whoop him. All of ya! I know you got him, I know you got him picked...But the man's in trouble. I'mma show YOU how GREAT I AM!" -Muhammad Ali

On 2/22/2020 at 2:46 PM, Jayden said:

-Support

Blacklists can not be appealed

Ex - CWRP Admin Alpha| Ex - Clone General Alpha| 

"All of you chumps are gonna bow, when I whoop him. All of ya! I know you got him, I know you got him picked...But the man's in trouble. I'mma show YOU how GREAT I AM!" -Muhammad Ali

Major -Support

I'm sorry, but blacklists are not appealable. I feel for you, but there is nothing that can be done.

Secondly, you were blacklisted twice (https://gaminglight.com/bans/player/76561198151349432).

~~~

Utetwo

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

Now this happened a good while ago, like Superadmin days. However if I remember correctly you spawned the biggest prop a ton of times and crashed the server. So yeah...

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

On 2/21/2020 at 5:10 AM, Calamity said:

-Support

You were perma-banned by Matthew but did you ever think to mention your blacklisted by th3? This appeal lacks literally everything.  You say you want to come back to the community but your writing and your one sentence structure says otherwise.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

On 2/21/2020 at 1:21 AM, Hannah King said:

I am so sorry but if you were blacklisted  you can not appeal but could you please tell me why you haven't put this ban appeal earlier , also I think bans over 1 year aren't appealable+- support 

On 2/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, Masterson said:

-Support

Blacklist's are non appealable. 

On 2/21/2020 at 1:43 PM, Rocco_Rex said:

MAJOR -support

We should let you back because you spent money? So that gives you a right to break the rules? Hell no

It's over a year old, not appealable 

It's a blacklist, not appealable

Seems like you are trying to manipulate some facts  to get back on. Go the fuck away

James M- Former Police RP SS Chief Of Staff| Former Imperial Royal Guard Sovereign Protector|

On 2/23/2020 at 12:38 AM, th3 said:

Finally, I don't think allowing blacklisted people to appeal is beneficial given that every blacklist I've ever seen has been to prevent that person from harming the community in a serious way. While it happened in the past I went into detail above about why I think that was changed to what it is today.

I can see your point, but you completely either ignore, or simply don't realize the fact that people change. Most of gaminglights members are middle and high school aged, and in several months someone like this can be a much better and more mature person. This is why in America, it is unconstitutional for a minor to receive capital punishment, as it is proven science that kids become mature as they get older. Another fact I'd like to bring up is the fact that while yes, nowadays it is not possible to appeal a blacklist, at the time  of the blacklist it was still allowed. So we punish someone further for not appealing quickly? We should be promoting the idea of maturing before wanting to appeal a punishment, not rush them with the idea that it at any point may be made unappealable.

21 minutes ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

I can see your point, but you completely either ignore, or simply don't realize the fact that people change. Most of gaminglights members are middle and high school aged, and in several months someone like this can be a much better and more mature person. 

Most blacklists I have witnessed have happened because someone was toxic, and negatively contributing to the community in the way of their attitude and behavior which made it rise to the attention of SMT. Someone can change their actions but what about those people who pretend that they've changed. I had someone call me several slurs which are highly inappropriate and not something I can repeat, and his attitude was that of a petulant child after being caught attempting to break a serious rule. Even if he came back and said that he was sorry, I wouldn't give him another chance because if his objective was to get back into Gaminglight and cause shit just like he tried to do before, he would say anything and I mean anything to get unbanned. Its a hard pill to swallow when I've had people go from calling me racial slurs to begging me and offering to give me money to avoid being banned in the span of 5 minutes or even a week. I don't think anyone who is blacklisted will change because the fact is SMT will remove people from this community who are toxic and don't belong. Someone doesn't change their attitude in several months for a gaming community of all things.

19 minutes ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

Another fact I'd like to bring up is the fact that while yes, nowadays it is not possible to appeal a blacklist, at the time  of the blacklist it was still allowed. So we punish someone further for not appealing quickly? We should be promoting the idea of maturing before wanting to appeal a punishment, not rush them with the idea that it at any point may be made unappealable.

It was made unappealable by Zeeptin I assume, because people who were attempting to get back into one of the biggest communities in Gmod who had dishonest intentions and it was a waste of time to process the appeals especially since they would just do the same thing again or worse thinking they could get away with it. Blacklists are the biggest thing that SMT can use to remove individuals who are toxic and not contributing to the community, its meant to be permanent and since its such a big thing, non appealable.

28 minutes ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

This is why in America, it is unconstitutional for a minor to receive capital punishment, as it is proven science that kids become mature as they get older. 

It was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 2005 because it was a violation of the 8th Amendment.

I don't see how the death penalty is at all related to someone getting permanently removed from a Gaming community for toxic behavior.

• Like 1

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator