Atherea warn appeal

༺﴾Λtherea ﴿༻

Your In-game name: Security JFTO SM Atherea
Your SteamID:76561198278318253 The admin's name in-game: trial moderator Jorj What warning did you receive: ARDM Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): screenshot Sat Jan 11 03:27:24 2020 SCP 20200110212208_1.thumb.jpg.790c0c3dacfe5af5681120c23c720c7e.jpg76561198278318253 jorj ARDM

Why do you think this warn was false: Trainees that leave bunks without trainers are supposed to be shot or arrested, and this is how the other branches operate. Jorj was also trial mod which makes his warn void due to the fact that the trainee had no video evidence, also jorj did not attempt to get witnesses and instead chose to give the trainee a verbal warning and warn me for ardm despite the fact that people saw Him escape bunks. A trial mod giving a warn with no video evidence not even witnesses isn't allowed and as such should be removed. to add to the fact the trainee chuckled at several points which would be indicative of trolling/not being serious. When I got into the sit it was too late to record as said in the sc.

Any extra information: The trainee escaped bunks with no trainer and when asked to return He refused arrest so I killed him. After this he respawned in as a trainee and used homophobic language while trying to get out of bunks by staying near the door. He then ran towards several enlisted in bunks so I wouldn't be able to shoot him. Jorj then pulled me into a sit and asked me why I shot Him, and I said why. He then said that since I didn't have video evidence to back My side I would be warned.

Screenshot (1).png

Just as a point of note, witnesses and video aren't the only points of evidence. As a trial moderator, Jorj has access to the logs which shows combat between individuals and also provides snapshots of the fight. Your statement that "A trial mod giving a warn with no video evidence not even witnesses isn't allowed and as such should be removed" is just flat incorrect.

If you're dealing with a trainee that is minging, using homophobic language as you state and refusing to stay in bunks you should be calling a staff member to address the conduct, as that's the easiest and cleanest way to go about things.

Secondly, this warning is from over a month ago. Why the delay?

In either case, @jorj, your side please.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Jorj being a tmod would not disqualify his warning. There does not need to be video evidence presented in order for a staff member to issue a warning or other punishment. Witnesses unless they have video evidence cannot be used in staff sits.

Imo, Staff have the decision available to issue either verbal warnings or actual warnings and are not required to issue a verbal warning before issuing an actual one.

The question Rookie asked hasn’t been answered and it is a valid one. Why wait over 1 month after a warning to appeal it if it is evidently according to you. False.

As for your statement that going off of combat logs would be guilty until proven innocent is false and not remotely true. Staff use logs ingame alongside, if available, video evidence to issue punishments. In the absence of video evidence that does not prevent them from using what they have collected to come to a decision regarding warning someone or not. So yes they can use logs and warn you, if you believe it’s false then appeal. However let’s all hope you don’t wait one whole month for any other appeals you make. 

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

1 hour ago, ༺﴾Λtherea ﴿༻ said:

No video evidence was included with the warn so My point in that regard is still there.

If I recall policerp allows 3 month old warns to be appealed.

I also messaged people to take care of it and that didn't happen.

This is your warning, so you're responsible for taking care of it, no one else. You also don't have video evidence to contest the warning, so by your logic your appeal is also on shaky standing, especially since you don't have anything to prove that it was a trainee that you killed and not another GENSEC member.

Advanced issues found

🤓

Advanced issues found

🤓
2 hours ago, ༺﴾Λtherea ﴿༻ said:

No video evidence was included with the warn so My point in that regard is still there.

If I recall policerp allows 3 month old warns to be appealed.

I also messaged people to take care of it and that didn't happen.

1. Staff do not NEED video evidence for warns (no not even TMODS)

2. PRP has since stopped that im pretty sure and we dont do that

3. You messaged people to do stuff your meant to do?

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Denied

The appellant has made a number of claims regarding a Trial Moderator's authority and requirements to issue punishments that are completely baseless. As stated by former and current Heads of Staff th3 and Rangiatea, Trial Moderators have the same authority as other, more senior staff members and do not have special requirements to have video evidence to issues warnings under their authority. The appellant has failed to provide evidence why this warning was false, and as such, this warning is upheld.