Suggesting switching the server host to a more stable provider - Denied

TheDarkShape99

What you want to see? - Currently the SCP-RP server has been struggling with an immense of server side lag that has been making it an extreme pain to play on. Out of behalf of all of our regular player's that spend hours on end everyday playing on the server we passionately enjoy, it's safe to say that we would all like some type of change to remove this lag so we can have fun on the server throughout our entire session no matter what time of the day we come on.   

Why should we add it? - We all love the SCP atmosphere and we come on to Gaminglight everyday because the server is genuinely fun. Sometimes it feels like a chore for all of us to play when there is constant lag. Some people use this lag to an advantage especially coming from someone working my way up the ranks in the GENSEC department. If the higher ups look into changing providers we can have stability at all times of the day no matter if there is 20 players on or 128 players on. 

What are the advantages of having this? - You guys will most definitely be keeping the playerbase happy. I come on Gaminglight's SCP server everyday because I think it is personally the best SCP RP server I've ever played on. But having this issue might be demanding players to leave the community. Which nobody benefits from. Out of courtesy of the real loyal players that come on everyday and take the server seriously, there should be something to be taken into effect.  

Who is it mainly for? - This change is for the sole benefit of the entire Gaminglight community from the newly joined players all the way up to the owner of the server.

Please leave your opinions and feedback below. If you agree with this post please leave your support and hopefully we can make a positive change for the server we all love.

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Bread said:

The server host is already the best it can be.
Garry's Mod is a very old game that can only run on 1 core so you can never NOT have lag.
-Support

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

1 minute ago, أنا آكل الأطفال م said:

-support

the server already runs fine, also you advertised it on discord

because i was suggested to do so by an admin...

Just now, Bread said:

There really arent any hosts that can provide any noticeable difference from what we have already, almost all servers are like this.

There is plenty... I could name a handful of different servers that can handle 100+ players. It seems like you guys are just ignoring the fact that there is almost hundreds of messages a day on the server of the lag issue.

You are from SCPRP right?

Let me tell you something that will make sense to you

GMOD was only built to handle 40-60 players, how many players does SCPRP get?

Let me remind you they get around 100-120 players per day

Nothing a host can actually fix, no one can fix it, it is apart of the game, its an old game!

Be informed about these things! It insults me deeply people to think its an issue SMT can fix!

Edited by Calamity

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

21 minutes ago, Calamity said:

Nothing a host can actually fix, no one can fix it, it is apart of the game, its an old game!

Be informed about these things! It insults me deeply people to think its an issue SMT can fix!

I agree^ 

This whole suggestion honestly disappoints me.

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

37 minutes ago, TheDarkShape99 said:

because i was suggested to do so by an admin...

There is plenty... I could name a handful of different servers that can handle 100+ players. It seems like you guys are just ignoring the fact that there is almost hundreds of messages a day on the server of the lag issue.

You aren’t going to school a Garry’s mod owner who has been doing this for 7 years... if you don’t like the lag, go play on the servers that apparently have “no lag at 128 players*. I know of none but I wish you luck 

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

It seems like the entire staff team besides the actual head of staff actually want to address this problem but instead wanna brush it off and keep a shitty preforming server. I would get banned right now if I actually made a real compassion to PLENTY of servers with 100+ players that have nowhere near the amount of lag that this server gets. From me trying to make a positive change to the community the staff members want to team up like dogs and want to brush off loyal players that want to see the server succeed. The real problem is there is only staff members replying to this and not the actual everyday player.

I am making a suggestion because I care about the server.

I am laughing at these replies.

51 minutes ago, Calamity said:

Man you know it takes some cash to switch server host. 

21 minutes ago, Snarlax said:

You aren’t going to school a Garry’s mod owner who has been doing this for 7 years... if you don’t like the lag, go play on the servers that apparently have “no lag at 128 players*. I know of none but I wish you luck 

Definitely agree with that ^^

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

I can talk to Ingneous right now to make a positive impact towards the server but instead the closed minded staff members would rather see a unhappy playerbase and be the leading cause of the downfall to the server.

24 minutes ago, Snarlax said:

And I actually am a server owner who has been doing this for years and I can tell you right now the direct issue of this.

If you guys want to keep the server the way it has been preforming so be it I'm not going to waste my time to put in the effort for a bunch of people that would rather contribute to a negative impact on the community.

Just now, The Light said:

Maybe just get a better CPU...............

^^^

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, BadAim said:

I would delete this

1 hour ago, Calamity said:

56 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

Dude this game was made in 2004, you do realize that right?

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

• Rangiatea locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...