New Taser - Denied

Sion

What you want to see? -  A new taser to be added (to replace current one)

Why should we add it? -  The current taser isn't the best model, this new one is a lot more realistic snd is based of a real one

What are the advantages of having this? -  It looks a lot nice and honestly, it more realistic since a black box with yellow stripes isn't the easiest to carry on your person

Who is it mainly for? - all gov

Links to any content -  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1729622779

Edited by Sion

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

+Support

It looks better and works better

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison

-Support

Yeah SMT at one point went through these tasers and none of did not work correctly at all causing major issues. For me, "More realistic and more good looking" doesn't mean anything. I do not feel that is a proper excuse to completely change something in the coding (which is just a pain for SMT).

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

5 minutes ago, Calamity said:

-Support

Yeah SMT at one point went through these tasers and none of did not work correctly at all causing major issues. For me, "More realistic and more good looking" doesn't mean anything. I do not feel that is a proper excuse to completely change something in the coding (which is just a pain for SMT).

yeah -support plus I like the tasers right now 

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

58 minutes ago, Calamity said:

-Support

Pretty sure we had this one before also 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

4 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

+ Support 

If it works with no issues 

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Timmemes said:

Thats not the sole point of this suggestion

That's literally the whole point of the suggestion

17 hours ago, Sion said:

What are the advantages of having this? -  Just looks really, makes it looks better than a black box with yellow stripes

3 hours ago, Timmemes said:

Saying “its not hard” is also rude to smt who are the ones to implement it, its not you so dont act like it is.

First off, it's not rude. Second off, I'm a developer myself so i'm not "acting" like it is or it isn't. This is the bare basics of coding. I wouldn't even consider it coding.

You take the materials from whatever workshop thing you want

you take those and put it in your own workshop file

you force download it on the client by using resource.AddWorkshop("fileid")

replace the current taser .mdl or whatever and change it with the new .mdl or whatever.

Done.

Congratulations you changed the current model without affecting how the taser itself functions.

Edited by Quangasaurusrex
  • Laughing 1

+Support 

As long as this doesn’t change how the current taser work and is only changing the skin then I’m all for it. Also, as long as it doesn’t add any lag or cause taser issues. Otherwise super cool skin, looks like what modern Pd carry and overall a cool small change in equipment.

PD Major, EMS Captain

2 hours ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

First off, it's not rude. Second off, I'm a developer myself so i'm not "acting" like it is or it isn't. This is the bare basics of coding. I wouldn't even consider it coding.

replace the current taser .mdl or whatever and change it with the new .mdl or whatever.

Done.

Congratulations you changed the current model without affecting how the taser itself functions.

Did you go to Harvard?

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

3 hours ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

Done.

My fault, I misread the suggestion. My other point still stands however.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

It got issues.....

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor