1162 Test

Phaasma

Lore Name: Phaasma 

SCP: 1162

Question / Idea: When a tracking device is placed into 1162 will the tracking signal still be traceable or will that be erased from existence?

Background Research: 

SCP-1162 is, currently, a hole in the cinderblock wall of Containment Chamber 4 at Site 31. It measures approximately 14.5 centimeters across, and has a variable depth which changes based on the current user. A portion of cinderblock is currently visible through the hole; however, no light source has been able to illuminate any portion of the interior beyond that, the hole always appears to be dark.

SCP-1162 is activated when a sentient being reaches into the hole to the depth that the girth of their arm allows, at which point their fingers touch a solid surface similar in feel to the current location of SCP-1162, and they discover an item small enough to fit through the hole below their fingertips. These items have universally been recognized as something that the user has lost, or was searching for at some point during their life. However, upon retrieval of the item, another item will vanish from the person of the subject. In addition, any object placed into SCP-1162 will disappear as soon as it is no longer in contact with a person.

If SCP-1162 is not activated at least once every 168 hours, it will randomly shift location to another stone, concrete, or brick wall or floor within a radius not yet shown to exceed 2000 kilometers. The previous hole remains, but shows no abnormal properties. Attempts to destroy SCP-1162 or view it from behind have caused an immediate shift in location, regardless of the time since the last shift.

Hypothesis: My hypothesis is that the signal will not stay. 

Observations (What Happened During Test): 

Begin Log:

D 29383 is asked to grab the tracking device and to toss it into SCP 1162, the tracking device disappears and so does the tracking signal. (this is decided with a roll). Without the researchers and the security looking D 29383 places his hand into 1162 and grabs the first object he comes into contact with, which was an empty syringe. Only did security and researchers realize he had done so when they heard the screams of D 29383 as his left foot had disappeared as a result of activating 1162. After medical examination D 29383 is given a prosthetic for the time being, after some time D 29383 is brought back to 1162 where he is instructed to reach his hand back into the hole where he then pulled out a shark tooth necklace, and from him his left shoelace was taken. After instructed to place hand into 1162 again D 29383 pulls out a tv remote, stating “ I thought I lost this back in 93.” From his person some lint in his right pocket went missing as a result of activating 1162. No further testing was done. Signal turned out to be inconclusive and no signs of it were found after the tracking device disappeared. 

Evidence/Visual Stimuli:Gmod.thumb.jpg.483e939d6f3cc1e5ba2622bd02f75943.jpg

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): In conclusion the signal disappeared and there were no further traces of it after the initial disappearance of the tracking device. 

Was Your Hypothesis Correct: Yes my hypothesis was correct.

Edited by Phaasma

Pretty cool idea! My question is: do you time travel when inside the whole? Given that whatever force inside the whole is strong enough to slow down light to a complete stop (assuming that it's slowing light down and not absorbing it like things like vanta black) this has me bamboozled. Assuming that you went in the hole how much slower would you be in relation to the universe and would everything zoom past you in a blink if you consider time dilation?? I am sure someone has though of this before me but whatever power I first thought this scp holds it is much greater than I first imagined. It really would be a buzzkil if the walls of the scp were just coated with some sort of high tech vanta black but the fact that you cannot illuminate any part of the hole including its content kinda proves my theory of it stopping light. 

Edited by Jakub
  • Like 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

4 hours ago, Jakub said:

Pretty cool idea! My question is: do you time travel when inside the whole? Given that whatever force inside the whole is strong enough to slow down light to a complete stop (assuming that it's slowing light down and not absorbing it like things like vanta black) this has me bamboozled. Assuming that you went in the hole how much slower would you be in relation to the universe and would everything zoom past you in a blink if you consider time dilation?? I am sure someone has though of this before me but whatever power I first thought this scp holds it is much greater than I first imagined. It really would be a buzzkil if the walls of the scp were just coated with some sort of high tech vanta black but the fact that you cannot illuminate any part of the hole including its content kinda proves my theory of it stopping light. 

Thats a pretty good question, seems like a test for another day 🙂

Score: A-

Grade: Quality

Lore: 18/20

The D-Boy wouldn't just lose body parts randomly; he would lose his clothes first.

Creativity: 19/20

Although seeing what happens to something when inserted into 1162 has been done a few times, you used an actual tracking device.

Presentation: 17//20

In all honesty, the document looks bland. You should mess witthe styling some more. You can see the styling options at the top of the writing box.

Writing: 38/40

A few errors here and there, but mostly just fine.

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.