X-MAS HAMMER REBUFF - Denied

APE

This was posted 19 hours ago and has 3 pages of replies. How can a hammer with green and red on it cause this much conversation? >.>

• Laughing 1

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

12 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

This was posted 19 hours ago and has 3 pages of replies. How can a hammer with green and red on it cause this much conversation? >.>

Lmao, a lot of people don’t think the hammer should be so weak I guess. 😂

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

2 hours ago, Hoovy said:

Good point.....

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

8 hours ago, Hoovy said:

Pay to win is a big thing nowa days

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

-SUPPORT

Back when I was Security, I despised the hammer. It was our bane, and with all these D-Class CCs, Security is STILL getting screwed.

Not gonna make a long paragraph, just. If you don't want a 24/7 DEFCON 3 or 2, don't + support this.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

15 minutes ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

-SUPPORT

Back when I was Security, I despised the hammer. It was our bane, and with all these D-Class CCs, Security is STILL getting screwed.

Not gonna make a long paragraph, just. If you don't want a 24/7 DEFCON 3 or 2, don't + support this.

But you aren’t a current security anymore. So you wouldn’t know Jack about the current state of DBLOCK. If you took the time to read, you’d notice several Security command including Majors and Captains, as well as 5 Sargent Majors all in support of changing the hammer. The fact that so many security with strong power in their branch support a change is proof enough against the “security bane” argument. Please Dont tell anyone to “not support this”. That gets in the way of true discussion about the issues people have regarding this collectible because everything you said is senseless and doesn’t relate to the ongoing debate at all. Even the MTF command is plus supporting this, get real. “It was our bane” lmao, ok. We aren’t making the hammer as good as it used to. If anything it will be the same as scythe, or be a 2 shot on enlisted just like the bat. Sorry for my harshness, but it annoys me when people don’t even talk about the ongoing discussion and just pop in with broad statements. 😅 Read the discussion before you comment please.

Edited by A-Hawk :D

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

1 minute ago, A-Hawk 😄 said:

But you aren’t a current security anymore. So you wouldn’t know Jack about the current state of DBLOCK. If you took the time to read, you’d notice several Security command including Majors and Captains, as well as 5 Sargent Majors. Dont tell anyone to “not support this”. That gets in the way of true discussion because everything you said is senseless and doesn’t relate to the debate at all. Even the MTF command is plus supporting this, get real. “It was our bane” lmao, ok.

So, let's go down this list.

"But you aren't a current security anymore. So you wouldn't know Jack about the current state of DBLOCK." - No, but I was a Security MSGT not too long ago.

"Don't tell anyone to "not support this"." - Mostly saying that due to people preferring RP over combat. Remember, there's a distinct difference between Rollplay and Roleplay.

""It was our bane" lmao, ok." - So, let's look at this literally. Back before the nerf, about half or even more of the time, we got massively overwhelmed by the Christmas Hammer. Every time we came off of NLR, we would rush out and just get killed again. Even now, you all whittle down Security bit by bit.

Overall, the main reason I -Support this is because this won't be fun for anyone who isn't a D-Class. So, tell me. Do you want a hammer to be buffed just so you can get 2000 XP every time you escape over and over again, or do you want that little bit of thrill of being possibly caught while escaping through a torrent of enemies that you can't just immediately kill?

I don't mean to insult you with the way I speak here, but, I'm sorry that it's just the way the tone came out.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

2 minutes ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

So, let's go down this list.

"But you aren't a current security anymore. So you wouldn't know Jack about the current state of DBLOCK." - No, but I was a Security MSGT not too long ago.

"Don't tell anyone to "not support this"." - Mostly saying that due to people preferring RP over combat. Remember, there's a distinct difference between Rollplay and Roleplay.

""It was our bane" lmao, ok." - So, let's look at this literally. Back before the nerf, about half or even more of the time, we got massively overwhelmed by the Christmas Hammer. Every time we came off of NLR, we would rush out and just get killed again. Even now, you all whittle down Security bit by bit.

Overall, the main reason I -Support this is because this won't be fun for anyone who isn't a D-Class. So, tell me. Do you want a hammer to be buffed just so you can get 2000 XP every time you escape over and over again, or do you want that little bit of thrill of being possibly caught while escaping through a torrent of enemies that you can't just immediately kill?

I don't mean to insult you with the way I speak here, but, I'm sorry that it's just the way the tone came out.

Once again dude. We aren’t making it what it used to be. It used to be able to one shot enlisted. We are suggesting that either we make it as fast as the scythe, which is a stronger weapon, or increase its damage enough that it will not one hit an officer, but still pack more of a punch than 80. As it’s a sledgehammer and does 80 damage, compared to the bat which does 120. I’ll say it again, the bat is also a two shot weapon, and that’s what we’re planning to make the hammer. What is there to object to? We’re making a weapon that cost more than the bat, do the same as the bat. 

4 minutes ago, A-Hawk 😄 said:

Once again dude. We aren’t making it what it used to be. It used to be able to one shot enlisted. We are suggesting that either we make it as fast as the scythe, which is a stronger weapon, or increase its damage enough that it will not one hit an officer, but still pack more of a punch than 80. As it’s a sledgehammer and does 80 damage, compared to the bat which does 120. I’ll say it again, the bat is also a two shot weapon, and that’s what we’re planning to make the hammer. What is there to object to? We’re making a weapon that cost more than the bat, do the same as the bat. 

My problem is the outrage from about half of Security Enlisted and NCOs yelling out "NEEERF". That's the main problem I want to outline with this. People will complain and people will call for another nerf. I won't personally, I could care less since I'm only a Technician and Elite Medic right now. So...

11 minutes ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

My problem is the outrage from about half of Security Enlisted and NCOs yelling out "NEEERF". That's the main problem I want to outline with this. People will complain and people will call for another nerf. I won't personally, I could care less since I'm only a Technician and Elite Medic right now. So...

What makes me confused is that if this somehow manages to pass. Let’s say it becomes like the scythe. Nobody complains about scythe anymore, not at all. Just because it looks like the hammer, folks will whine. If it gets boosted to do as much as the bat, which it should be considering it’s a SLEDGEHAMMER and you can buy the bat at anytime, whilst this item was limited. People will still complain even though it would be a bat with a hammer skin lol. It’s all meaningless hate if that happens.

2 hours ago, A-Hawk 😄 said:

What makes me confused is that if this somehow manages to pass. Let’s say it becomes like the scythe. Nobody complains about scythe anymore, not at all. Just because it looks like the hammer, folks will whine. If it gets boosted to do as much as the bat, which it should be considering it’s a SLEDGEHAMMER and you can buy the bat at anytime, whilst this item was limited. People will still complain even though it would be a bat with a hammer skin lol. It’s all meaningless hate if that happens.

Ok this response confused me a bit. Nobody wanted the hammer nerfed, or wants it to be bad because it’s a hammer. We wanted it nerfed because of the ridiculous damage it did. Nobody will complain if it does the same as the scythe. Just because it looks like a hammer, doesn’t mean it should do massive amounts of damage. Didn’t mean to be rude or anything with this post, just wanted to address some things that confused me a bit

2 hours ago, Bionicle said:

Ok this response confused me a bit. Nobody wanted the hammer nerfed, or wants it to be bad because it’s a hammer. We wanted it nerfed because of the ridiculous damage it did. Nobody will complain if it does the same as the scythe. Just because it looks like a hammer, doesn’t mean it should do massive amounts of damage. Didn’t mean to be rude or anything with this post, just wanted to address some things that confused me a bit

Lmao, mb. It was a bit jumbled. I’m saying that when referring to enlisted and such, the hammer is so over hyped and made such a big deal of that even if it is weaker, they’ll still ask for another nerf. 

9 minutes ago, أنا آكل الأطفال م said:

-support

You advertised it, then payed off costco to +support

rsz_imageedit_1_4771458403.png.b0c7def88cade4923c35dfe13775cb1f.png

-Support

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

Ummm

1 hour ago, أنا آكل الأطفال م said:

we got proof too bud

while yes i agree the hammer was nerfed a little too hard, bribing someone is not the way to do it

yeah. The bribe wasn’t a bribe? As nothing was exchanged and it was a joke?? I’m allowed to advertise it, therefore it shows people where to go to find it on the forums and also lets forum users know that there is an option to do so if they choose to read and support it. Costco agreed with me on everything and I asked him to +support it, he was away from his computer and I told him to get up and do it. Nothing was exchanged between the two of us besides words lmao, there was no product. You’re trynna make it seem like I did something wrong by joking around about giving him diving knives if he hurried up and Got off his butt lmao. But like, nice try? Don’t know what you wanted to get out of that. I know that sherlock and Watson are cool and all, but making it seem like someone was actually compensated for this is a foul way to try and cosplay as them. Anyone who thinks that someone would pay them to get off the couch and walk to their computer to do something they would do in time, needs to get a better idea of realism. 😂

Edited by A-Hawk :D

well nice attempt to try to disprove what i said. You got what you needed to say but that little smart ass comment at the end was quite rude. I see i misunderstood what happened but you still advertised. No you can’t say that “telling people who don’t go on the forums to go check it out” isn’t advertising. It is very blatant advertising and stop trying to hide it by saying you’re high council. 

Creator Of The Clifford Test