X-MAS HAMMER REBUFF - Denied

APE

What you want to see? - My suggestion is a rebuff for the Xmas Hammer. Not only to bring it back up to a point that those who purchased it for its damage don’t feel like they wasted their money, but also to incite more fun in the server. If there is no tough combat, what’s the point? I’d say the hammer should be rebuffed to 100-120. 100 being the bottom line, 120 being what the ideal damage should be. It’s a huge hammer and would do much more damage than the bat. I also ask that whoever is reading this take a good look at the comments section and read the arguments of those supporting the hammer rebuff, as the arguments being made on both sides are considerable.

Why should we add it? - It was a collectible one time weapon that was supposed to be very good and for good reason, as it’s limited time. It did 150 damage and was an absolute beast. However, not many people got it to my surprise. Even then it was a game changer. Never before have dclass been able to go against mtf and put up a halfway decent fight without a gun. Dclass were able to take out atleast one enlisted on each life, and it made dblock exciting. The thrill of the riot is always a blast. The reason people purchased it was because it was so good and could only be obtained in a short amount of time. Because of this, only one DClass main has it. I’ve never seen more than 2 hammers in dblock at a time in my hundreds of gameplay hours. Even then, that’s only when they are on. 99% of the time Gensec have no problem with Dclass. They have weak weapons and even if 20 of them charge, 5 gensec can win the battle simply because none of them have a weapon like the hammer. Not many people have this weapon and those who bought it, bought it because it was special. Now it does 80 damage whilst the bat does 120 on full swing. What was the purpose in buying the hammer If it isn’t special? It is unfair to the small amount of people who purchased it that the damage is now worse and coupled with the slow swing, making it literally less effective than a bat which you can buy at anytime? I’d say it isn’t. It’s a sledgehammer, realistically it would do much more damage than the bat. However it only does 80 now, making it an all around worthless weapon and worse than the previous holiday weapon by far. Not only do I want to see this change, but many MTF and Security do as well. Many in MTF low and high command wish this to be so, and even multiple SEC command feel like the huge nerf from 150 to 80 is not only unrealistic, but not fair and doesn’t make any sense. I’m already working on a petition sheet for proof of said command members supporting this suggestion. 

What are the advantages of having this? - MTF and SEC have both utilized the hammer greatly in combat. MTF used it to take down incredibly strong CI CC’s and I can attest to the hammers usefulness when fighting Dclass in a crowd setting. Both foundation branches have been able to counter the largest threats facing them with it. Since not many people have it at all, it is a great card to have up your sleeve in a fighting situation. It is also useful to the few dclass who have it, as they are able to fight against mtf and heavily armored security with a halfway decent fight. 

Who is it mainly for? - Those within the foundation. Both MTF and Security would benefit for getting the hammer back up to a reasonable damage. Security are able to better fight dclass custom classes and CI, something that is very taxing with firearms.

Edited by A-Hawk :D
  • Like 1

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

-support 

2 minutes ago, A-Hawk 😄 said:

Those within the foundation. Both MTF and Security would benefit for getting the hammer back up to a reasonable damage. Security are able to better fight dclass custom classes and CI, something that is very taxing with firearms.

You have more custom classes then almost any branch, and you dont need a OP hammer to kill 9-10 CI raiders when you have a site full of armed people

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

+/- Support Buff the damage of the bat but not the hammer because it's pay to win really and you can't even get the hammer anymore.

Edited by MiniLeopard

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

+Support

When it came to using the Hammer, it would require a fair bit of skill besides just “hit left click and win” and, more often then not, I’d find using the hammer to be a well worse off option for fighting against something that just using normal weaponry. The main reason that the Hammer was considered “Overpowered” was not due to its statistics, but because of those who wielded it being capable of properly using the weapon. Even then, I’d find it hard to use the Hammer in even the best of situations like funneling down a tight corridor and fighting one to one. And with the new addition of Shades Task Force with the constant GS3 spam, the new CI CCs making a huge come back, and for $10 buying someone into a 250/250 PKM three slot Heavy class. The Hammer put some balance into countering the massive German styled Blitz Krieg that would wipe all who didnt happen to be high command in Nu7 or decently ranked in E11 or A1.

Furthermore, while MTF might have a rather large amount of MTF CCs, a good amount of them cant even come close to compare to the CI Recon Force or the “Seeker” CC, with there being a fair amount of dead CCs -such as Omnicron, E11 Last Stand, Iota-10, Site Protector, Site Inspector, ect and ect- and with even fewer being able to bring in the equipment necessary to withstand the absolute raw DPS of Negevs, PKMs, GS3 spam, Shawed Off Spam, and even Awp and Flare Guns to an extent. The only ones that come to mind that have a decent chance at putting up any actual resistance is Rho-36 Occult Operative, Magma Defender to an extent, and Osprey-1 to an extent. 

Lastly, to expand a bit on the “Hammer not being as OP as you think,” I’d like to add that many times I have lost fights against people while using the Hammer due to the simple fact that they knew how best to counter the weapon or because it just simply was not anywhere good enough. I’ve had times when Gensec would wipe the floor with me, OFCs included, despite me going in a rush with my Hammer and other D class for support, including Reznovs and other D Class CCs. I have been destroyed plenty of times by skilled PVP players during CI raids with my Hammer doing little besides maybe a hit or two that simply couldnt output enough damage fast enough to kill off someone. I’ve even had a few times where I couldnt kill someone simply because they were able to outrun my 90% Mobility Speed. The Hammer isn’t an instant God Weapon that would smite those who happened to be close, but is just simply another situational weapon with its own Strengths - like high damage and good hit reg - and its own various downsides - 90% mobility, slow swing speed, useless at even medium ranges, situational, and sometimes just outright DPSed. 

TL;DR: The Hammer isnt as bad as people say, its just the people who used it were good enough to use it correctly.

Edit: gonna add more to this

In addition to what I posted above, I would like to add that, in its current state, the Bat can out Damage it and the Scythe can do the same damage almost twice as fast. Keep in mind that this was a 20/30$ dollar weapon that was exclusive to just the 2019 Christmas Holidays while the Bat is a permanently and non-time exclusive weapon. Furthermore, due to its state as of now, there is very little reason to use it even over something like the Hatchet or the Bat due to you becoming more of a target from those you attack when using the Hammer. This all accumulates to it being almost useless in comparison to the Scythe, Bat, and even the Hatchet with two out of the three being on the store permanently and even having sales on occasion. 

Edited by Thomas The Thermonuclear Bomb

2 minutes ago, Thomas The Thermonuclear Bomb said:

+Support

When it came to using the Hammer, it would require a fair bit of skill besides just “hit left click and win” and, more often then not, I’d find using the hammer to be a well worse off option for fighting against something that just using normal weaponry. The main reason that the Hammer was considered “Overpowered” was not due to its statistics, but because of those who wielded it being capable of properly using the weapon. Even then, I’d find it hard to use the Hammer in even the best of situations like funneling down a tight corridor and fighting one to one. And with the new addition of Shades Task Force with the constant GS3 spam, the new CI CCs making a huge come back, and for $10 buying someone into a 250/250 PKM three slot Heavy class. The Hammer put some balance into countering the massive German styled Blitz Krieg that would wipe all who didnt happen to be high command in Nu7 or decently ranked in E11 or A1.

Furthermore, while MTF might have a rather large amount of MTF CCs, a good amount of them cant even come close to compare to the CI Recon Force or the “Seeker” CC, with there being a fair amount of dead CCs -such as Omnicron, E11 Last Stand, Iota-10, Site Protector, Site Inspector, ect and ect- and with even fewer being able to bring in the equipment necessary to withstand the absolute raw DPS of Negevs, PKMs, GS3 spam, Shawed Off Spam, and even Awp and Flare Guns to an extent. The only ones that come to mind that have a decent chance at putting up any actual resistance is Rho-36 Occult Operative, Magma Defender to an extent, and Osprey-1 to an extent. 

Lastly, to expand a bit on the “Hammer not being as OP as you think,” I’d like to add that many times I have lost fights against people while using the Hammer due to the simple fact that they knew how best to counter the weapon or because it just simply was not anywhere good enough. I’ve had times when Gensec would wipe the floor with me, OFCs included, despite me going in a rush with my Hammer and other D class for support, including Reznovs and other D Class CCs. I have been destroyed plenty of times by skilled PVP players during CI raids with my Hammer doing little besides maybe a hit or two that simply couldnt output enough damage fast enough to kill off someone. I’ve even had a few times where I couldnt kill someone simply because they were able to outrun my 90% Mobility Speed. The Hammer isn’t an instant God Weapon that would smite those who happened to be close, but is just simply another situational weapon with its own Strengths - like high damage and good hit reg - and its own various downsides - 90% mobility, slow swing speed, useless at even medium ranges, situational, and sometimes just outright DPSed. 

TL;DR: The Hammer isnt as bad as people say, its just the people who used it were good enough to use it correctly.

Its pretty bad, u know I jump around a lot. For example a gamma command has 275 hp and 250 armor, either your really good or its OP since I get 3 shotted

7 minutes ago, Gamer6 said:

Its pretty bad, u know I jump around a lot. For example a gamma command has 275 hp and 250 armor, either your really good or its OP since I get 3 shotted

The thing about it is that you just need to keep distance and treat the user more like 076-2 rather than MTF or D class, depending on what youre playing. I would play on Heavy and have little to no trouble dealing with D class with Hammers and rarely get hit. The times that I did, it would be by my own mistakes and not doing appropriate counters, like 100% Mobility weapons or backwards B-hopping to maintain speed/gain slight speed. If you get caught in a tight place like Medbay Elevator, then yeah, not a whole lot you could do, but you could say the same with the Negev or most SCPs in the same place, or even going against GS3 spam from across the long EZ hallway to Ramp CP or at the Long Keter Hallways.

18 minutes ago, Gamer6 said:

For one almost nobody plays the PSU. If anything they just annoy people. Also. It isn’t just an in game issue. It’s the issue of making someone pay for a product that is supposed to be special and have a cool quirk, but removing what made you purchase it in the first place. What was the point In buying the hammer If the bat is more efficient and does 40 more damage?? It’s a sledgehammer and it should do more damage than a bat.

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

12 minutes ago, Thomas The Thermonuclear Bomb said:

The thing about it is that you just need to keep distance and treat the user more like 076-2 rather than MTF or D class, depending on what youre playing. I would play on Heavy and have little to no trouble dealing with D class with Hammers and rarely get hit. The times that I did, it would be by my own mistakes and not doing appropriate counters, like 100% Mobility weapons or backwards B-hopping to maintain speed/gain slight speed. If you get caught in a tight place like Medbay Elevator, then yeah, not a whole lot you could do, but you could say the same with the Negev or most SCPs in the same place, or even going against GS3 spam from across the long EZ hallway to Ramp CP or at the Long Keter Hallways.

Yes, problem is that the foundation has small hallways, also when your fighting someone they usually have a gun out instead of the hammer, so when they do pull it out your dead.

7 minutes ago, A-Hawk 😄 said:

For one almost nobody plays the PSU. If anything they just annoy people. Also. It isn’t just an in game issue. It’s the issue of making someone pay for a product that is supposed to be special and have a cool quirk, but removing what made you purchase it in the first place. What was the point In buying the hammer If the bat is more efficient and does 40 more damage?? It’s a sledgehammer and it should do more damage than a bat.

Yes I do understand most of this and from a owner or management or the customers as they expect that they want what they bought or sold. The other 90% the people whom have I not purchased the hammer such as myself see this as a version of "pay to win" seeing as you purchased a OP weapon which is finally at a fair place, I would be fine if it is buffed a little but -support to its original state.

2 minutes ago, Gamer6 said:

Yes, problem is that the foundation has small hallways, also when your fighting someone they usually have a gun out instead of the hammer, so when they do pull it out your dead.

Yes I do understand most of this and from a owner or management or the customers as they expect that they want what they bought or sold. The other 90% the people whom have I not purchased the hammer such as myself see this as a version of "pay to win" seeing as you purchased a OP weapon which is finally at a fair place, I would be fine if it is buffed a little but -support to its original state.

This is why I say the Hammer is very situational as the main areas that the hammer can actually be effective is when fighting in the smaller parts of EZ, some parts of LCZ, D block to a certain extent, and MAYBE the Containment Cells of HCZ or Stairs at best. 

For example, the Shotgun is less than useless on Surface and weapons like the Awp is out classed by others weapons in the enclosed spaces of EZ. The same can be said for how the Hammer is used with how its effectiveness is situational to certain areas or good against those who are not as good at PVP as others. 

11 minutes ago, Gamer6 said:

Lol, I’m not trying to bring it to it’s original state. I want to to be brought somewhere between 100-120, 120 making the most sense since it is what the hammer does. There’s no way I’d want to to be 150 again, that’s unreasonable. They nerfed it from 150 to 80. That’s a huge nerf and makes it literally as good as the hatchet. Hence why a number like one 120 makes more sense, as it is a sledgehammer for crying at loud and 30-40 damage nerf makes more sense than an 80 damage nerf.

-Support

-100 Damage is enough to 2 shot

-It would destroy Gensec Really quickly leading to mass riots, Defcon 2 all day (meaning no research),

Overall We would have lots of people getting killed and Probably quitting.

Admin For SCPRP , Vice Commander In Nu-7.

Former Major/Head FTO In Omicron-9

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Thomas The Thermonuclear Bomb said:

+Support

In addition to what I posted above, I would like to add that, in its current state, the Bat can out Damage it and the Scythe can do the same damage almost twice as fast. Keep in mind that this was a 20/30$ dollar weapon that was exclusive to just the 2019 Christmas Holidays while the Bat is a permanently and non-time exclusive weapon. Furthermore, due to its state as of now, there is very little reason to use it even over something like the Hatchet or the Bat due to you becoming more of a target from those you attack when using the Hammer. This all accumulates to it being almost useless in comparison to the Scythe, Bat, and even the Hatchet with two out of the three being on the store permanently and even having sales on occasion. 

The scythe is faster than the hammer and they do about the exact same damage.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

8 minutes ago, Dr Dark But Not Very Dark said:

-Support

-It would destroy Gensec Really quickly leading to mass riots, Defcon 2 all day (meaning no research),

The server is doing just fine. The hammer just got nerfed and it has been what, 2-3 months since it came out? I have yet to see activity effected by the hammer lmao. That’s. Ridiculous claim considering the rate in which enlisted are flying up the ladder in gensec. Why don’t you complain about the bat? It does 120 in full charge? The only reason people complained about the hammer was because it’s 150. Making it the same as the bat only makes sense considering it’s a collectible and special weapon. The bat shouldn’t be better than the hammer dude. That’s just facts.

Edited by A-Hawk :D

But now it does less damage than the bat and it has become a total scam and an absolute ripoff. Everyone expected a nerf, even me. An 80 damage nerf? That’s ridiculous. People only bought it for its damage, then you make it weaker than the bat, a weapon anyone could have purchased for cheaper. I don’t think it’s a very smart marketing idea and it certainly doesn’t build up any consumer trust. Who the hell wants to buy a donator weapon that’s supposed to be a cool limited time thing, only to have it nerfed into the ground because people whine 24/7 all because they can’t corner camp with negevs against a hammer. Time and time again the dclass get something that is good and allows them to fight and have success, only for it to be nerfed into the ground because power tripping A1s cry. (Obviously none of this is referring to you Nanachi) it’s just a bit annoying how whenever dclass or dclass customs get something, everyone complains. But nobody complains about the other branches custom jobs and donator weapons.

18 minutes ago, Bread said:

Just because it is a holiday item does not mean it is entitled to be overpowered or do more damage than other weapons on the server, it is merely supposed to be a collectable to show your support for the community.

Then what’s the point of giving it any damage in the first place? What’s the point in making it overpowered, then unbelievably weak. 100 damage isn’t a lot to ask for when it was previously 150 for 3 whole months. The reapers scythe does about the same damage now, and swings a hell of a lot faster. So now it is the op one. It’s a weapon and it was a strong one. It was made to be strong, so keep it strong. Only like 12 people have it anyway. They bought it because of its strength and because it was limited time. If they wanted to just support the community, they could have just done a custom donation. They bought the weapon for the weapon, not the community. If it were simply for community support, it would have been useless, like the flag from all the way back then. If the plan all along was to just draw people in with a good weapon only to make it garbage so that the community could coax money out of frequent donators, that’s a pretty nasty thing to do and it’s going to make people want to donate for these things less and less.

-support

This was a long needed nerf. The hammer is fine now as it is, it’s still better than the bat because you can swing faster, do more damage on a regular swing, and it has far better hit reg than the bat. There is no reason a melee weapon should be better than a gun. 

6 hours ago, Thomas The Thermonuclear Bomb said:

+Support

The hammer might be a bit annoying to .e as CI RND and MTF but i agree with a +support because a lot of time you can outrun or just shoot the person charging you 9 times out of 10 you will successfully kill the person with minimal or no Damage

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

Just make it the same damage as the scythe, boom, same as the other collectable. This stupid arguement has been going nowhere for months.

One side needs to understand that they paid money for a limited time weapon

And the other side needs to realise that shit was OP at it's old state and needs a nerf.

I say this as from both sides, so for the love of god someone find a middle ground or just talk about what I just mentioned ^

Edited by starr

insert cliched signature 

6 hours ago, Dr Dark But Not Very Dark said:

-Support

Actually it only does 80 with a full power swing, cause I checked combat logs one day to see how much I did. And Gensec get destroyed mostly because a lot of them don't pay attention to D-Class and end getting smacked at least once. 

7 hours ago, Thomas The Thermonuclear Bomb said:

+Support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, starr said:

Just make it the same damage as the scythe, boom, same as the other collectable. This stupid arguement has been going nowhere for months.

One side needs to understand that they paid money for a limited time weapon

And the other side needs to realise that shit was OP at it's old state and needs a nerf.

I say this as from both sides, so for the love of god someone find a middle ground or just talk about what I just mentioned ^

Making all the collectibles the same is a great and simple solution everyone gets the same balanced items boom! 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif