Roll Suggestion - Accepted

Chief_

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? - Roll guidelines put in the MOTD for fixing stuff

Fixing windows - Containment Engineers/Field experts must roll a 40+. Technicians must roll a 50. Non Technicians/Field experts must roll a 60+

Fixing normal doors - Technicians/Field experts must roll a 50+. Technicians must roll a 60. Non Technicians/Field experts must roll a 70+

Fixing Heavy Doors- Technicians/Field experts must roll a 60+. Technicians must roll a 70. Non Technicians/Field experts must roll an 80+

Cleaning containment cells - Containment Cleaners must roll a 40+. Janitors must roll a 50+. Non Janitorial must roll a 60+

For non utility/field experts there must be no utility/field experts on for you to do the rolls 

For field experts they must be with a technical person to do the roll.

Why should we add it? - So its easier for staff to see what players have to roll. and players know what they have to roll

What are the advantages of having this? - Easier for players and staff

Who is it mainly for? - Staff and players

Links to any content - Nope

Edited by Chief_
Added some things and changed it around a bit

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

5 minutes ago, Fool said:

Do me a favor 

Fix this for the love of god

WDYM? 😛

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+ Support

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

+Support HOWEVER

-There's a reason why we made techs and the field experts. THEY are the ones who are suppose to fix things so I'm not sure about having non-techs/non-field experts fix things. I understand the roll is higher but I'm iffy on that unless there are absolutely no techs/field experts/combat engineers on. 

-Why does it say "TECHNICIANS/field experts" must roll a certain number and then the next sentence says Technician has to roll ANOTHER 10+ higher? 

-Third and finally, containment cleaners/field experts have the same rolls as Technicians according to the technical SOP. Therefore, they do not need to roll 50+ on windows. They just need the 40+ like CEs and Field Experts. That concept applies to the other rolls as well. 

Edited by Rektify
  • Like 1

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

@Rektify

Btw these are suggested one. Its up to smt to decide the rolls. And thx for reminding me to put that there has to be no utility/field experts on due them to do the rolls. As they can't be doing them when utility/field experts is in.

Edited by Chief_

+support, i just dont really agree that Field Experts get the same roll odds as CC's / CE's, same as normal Techs/Janitors i can get behind, but if you do that you are simply taking away from the UTIL branches.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

15 minutes ago, Falxen said:

+support, i just dont really agree that Field Experts get the same roll odds as CC's / CE's, same as normal Techs/Janitors i can get behind, but if you do that you are simply taking away from the UTIL branches.

Added a part about them doing the rolls. @Rektify can confirm that I talked to him about this.

Btw CE for e-11 would follow the field expert rules. I'll edit it when I get my computer.

Edited by Chief_

+Support adding roll rules to MOTD, this is a sensible QOL change

-Support giving ability to do fixing rolls to non-technicians / Field experts, this will harm our already thin opportunities to be called on for help & RP

I get that this can be a good backup system for if no techs are online, but this kind of thing can typically just turn into people ignoring that techs exist, or cause in-game arguments about 'anyone can do the rolls' even if techs are online. 

Isn't there a system in place already for if no techs or field experts are online? I thought CCs got automatically fixed if nobody was online to fix them? (I might be mis-remembering, based on random things i've heard in-game from people about this.)

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

On 2/12/2020 at 10:34 PM, Ritz said:

+support

Makes it easier on staff

I do want my job to be a tad bit easier.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

On 2/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, CanOBeanz said:

-Support giving ability to do fixing rolls to non-technicians / Field experts, this will harm our already thin opportunities to be called on for help & RP

You may be misunderstanding. For field and e-11 to do it they must be with a tech. Its just that if none are on the don't have to do 75+ as they are rp trained. Then for other players there can't be any of the other jobs on. I'll edit it when I get back to my laptop to make it easier to understand and I may of  forgot that part.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:39 AM, CanOBeanz said:

I get that this can be a good backup system for if no techs are online, but this kind of thing can typically just turn into people ignoring that techs exist, or cause in-game arguments about 'anyone can do the rolls' even if techs are online. 

Isn't there a system in place already for if no techs or field experts are online? I thought CCs got automatically fixed if nobody was online to fix them? (I might be mis-remembering, based on random things i've heard in-game from people about this.)

On 2/17/2020 at 8:16 PM, Skela said:

Finna make CI hacker brb

????????? Why would you need too?

On 2/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, CanOBeanz said: