Small Rant about SCPs

Gunther

For the longest time, we have wanted a new SCP, because the server is kind of boring now, there's nothing new and exciting and for the longest time, every SCP we suggest gets denied, even ones that get heavily +Supported. I've played on this server for 9 months and not a single new SCP has been added. It seems futile to suggest an SCP because it always get denied, and 173 doesn't count because he was on the server before.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

COMPLETELY AGREE, although I have read some of the denied SCP suggestions and most fall into two categories: terrible or impossible to implement (due to lack of appropriate space, too complex for server, impossible to control, etc).

I do think however that a little bit more of pro-activity when evaluating new SCPs would do wonders for the server. Specially if it means using the wasted space used by other not-so interesting SCPs like SCP-1162  (AKA the gloryhole) and SCP-079 (basically a dead computer).

Your point is?

Every new scp suggestion has had reasons for it being denied or accepted. If something wasn’t added then it was deemed by the Manager as something that would not help the server. 

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

Every single SCP that has been denied, has had a reason behind the denial. Just to go into the recent ones, 524 would have been another minge SCP that would have just caused issues with the SWEP as literally one of the options was burping. SCP 109's suggestion had literally one sentence in it and did not follow the format. Adding more Static SCP's had no addon or SWEP linked with it. That's just the recent ones. If you want a new SCP added please:

• Follow the Format
  • Have a Non-Mingy SWEP/Addon linked in the post
  • Have the SCP be a genuine good addition to the current lineup we have

If you follow those three steps, I guarantee SMT will highly consider said SCP to be added. So, instead of complaining about something not being added, go out there and actually try and get said thing added.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

54 minutes ago, Gamer6 said:

Suggest actual interesting and feasible SCPs to start?

Pretty difficult, there's not a whole lot of SCPs that can be playable, or implemented correctly.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

At the moment getting any new SCP's that could be good would require either finding a mod for it which there aren't a lot of them or making custom models and sweps.

It's hard to find good SCP's on the workshop as we already have most of them

We would absolutely love to implement new SCPs in the server, but we haven't received any suggestions that are viable. I would recommend helping solve the problem by doing research and finding SCPs that would both work on the server and have SWEPs that work for them, rather than just complaining about it in a public forum which will result in nothing.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

We would absolutely love to implement new SCPs in the server, but we haven't received any suggestions that are viable. I would recommend helping solve the problem by doing research and finding SCPs that would both work on the server and have SWEPs that work for them, rather than just complaining about it in a public forum which will result in nothing.

Way easier said than done, like Fool said, its hard to find SCPs that could work, because unlike our current SCPs which are all canon, finding an SCP that fits all the requirements is difficult. You could find an SCP that might be good and could be a great addition, but it could be ruined by lack of a proper player model. Or you could have a player model, but the SWEP could be mingey, there's too many factors that cause a lot of the SCPs to become not viable. Not to mention there's 1000's of SCPs, so finding an SCP that not only works, not only has playability, but also finding the basic requirements would take a long time.

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

I agree every scp players suggest gets shut down, i guess if the can't find any new acceptable scps then jmt/smt could

Plus with all the donations the server gets it wouldn't be a big problem to get a custom model made by someone. 

Edit: it's also pretty clear that the player base wants something new and exciting. Havent seen any major change for scps in the past year. 

Edited by Jakub

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

I agree with this post but it must be hard finding a way to add SCP's to the map, Like where to put the CC.

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:27 AM, Gunther said:

For the longest time, we have wanted a new SCP, because the server is kind of boring now, there's nothing new and exciting and for the longest time, every SCP we suggest gets denied, even ones that get heavily +Supported. I've played on this server for 9 months and not a single new SCP has been added. It seems futile to suggest an SCP because it always get denied, and 173 doesn't count because he was on the server before.

+support yeah i agree it gets boring playing on the same scps over and over again we need something new on the server

Just saying um... We Kinda don't have room for more SCPs maybe like Safe Class SCPs but that's it. Containment Chamber Wise

Edited by The Light

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

58 minutes ago, The Light said:

Just saying um... We Kinda don't have room for more SCPs maybe like Safe Class SCPs but that's it. Containment Chamber Wise

Might be time for a map change then 😉

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

What about this one SCP I read about today that is like a sphere that can change color and it’s shape/size?? I think the name was SCP-1275

Edited by TG_Waffle

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

• Bread locked this topic