Radio system - Denied

Randy

What you want to see? - Bcomms

Why should we add it? - Because it is very easy to use and you dont have to hold the radio out to speak on it you can just press j (by default all players can customize that) and it comes with a quick bind for EG having like 20+ binds and trying to remember them you can just press 1 button and will have all your binds on it, panic button you can give access to people (can be disabled), Radio jammer (for CI so people cant ask for help quickly)

What are the advantages of having this? - 
Easy to use
Jammer - to improve CI raids or give to the supplier for class d
Panic button (see CI about to take you hostage just press it{can be disabled})
Don't have to have it in your hands
Laptop (CI can hack comms / Administration can hack CI comms)
Jammer upgrade station (So you can pay for it to work at a longer range and for more time)
Debrief voice enhancer (make your voice heard at a longer range(D-block?))
Mute minges
Custom commands for eg {hp} tells you the exact HP | and {nearest} so you can bind {nearest} DONT MOVE or {nearest} im not feeling to good if i had to put it in numbers i would say {hp}
-- STAFF BINDS, they could use !return {looking at}, !kick {looking at}, !demote {looking at} STAFF DEMOTE, {health} (sets players heath to their default), {armor} (sets players armor heath to their default)

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/bcomms-radio-bind-wheel-respondents | https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1798270067 

• Like 1

i mean +support and all cause this looks cool asf 

but if this will cost money and need to be set up entirely then its either

1. gonna take long to set up to work properly and not to be abused

2. might bother with some things that the server is already trying to keep good (lag/loading time just as basic examples)

insert cliched signature 

41 minutes ago, Bionicle said:

+/- support, i mean there are some pluses to this, like easier use of comms, but some downsides like a voice enhancer? that could easily be abused, and higher ups are the only ones that have access to stuff like voice amp for a reason

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

49 minutes ago, Bionicle said:

+/- support, i mean there are some pluses to this, like easier use of comms, but some downsides like a voice enhancer? that could easily be abused, and higher ups are the only ones that have access to stuff like voice amp for a reason

The enhancer only goes i would say from security spawn to elevator

1 hour ago, Randy said:

The enhancer only goes i would say from security spawn to elevator

That's not to bad and if possible it could be unavailable for most people by default. The people that would bypass this would probably be Staff, Site Admin, and Branch HCMD

Other than that this sounds like a great idea that could heavily enhance rp for MTF and CI as the possibilities for raid strategies along with counter raid strategies would be increased along with the possibility of espionage being conducted by both sides (this would be more of a foundation thing as CI have Maynard)

Could also be tweaked to be able to be used by Gensec to make announcements/communicate with D-Class

Overall my opinion is a big +Support, but this should be put off until the next big update as SMT+ already have a lot to deal with rn with the plans for the map being edited/worked on, because this sounds like a large amount of work to implement and get fully working  

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

7 hours ago, Ritz said:

That's not to bad and if possible it could be unavailable for most people by default. The people that would bypass this would probably be Staff, Site Admin, and Branch HCMD

Other than that this sounds like a great idea that could heavily enhance rp for MTF and CI as the possibilities for raid strategies along with counter raid strategies would be increased along with the possibility of espionage being conducted by both sides (this would be more of a foundation thing as CI have Maynard)

Could also be tweaked to be able to be used by Gensec to make announcements/communicate with D-Class

Overall my opinion is a big +Support, but this should be put off until the next big update as SMT+ already have a lot to deal with rn with the plans for the map being edited/worked on, because this sounds like a large amount of work to implement and get fully working  

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

12 hours ago, Bionicle said:

I concur

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

23 hours ago, Bionicle said:

The voice amp dont go that far it dosent even cover 173 cc to the door to his door controls

On 2/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, Bionicle said:

We probably won't use voice enhancer as we have the voice amp. But still interesting. Also I feel like only Maynard should be able to heck/steal comms and he can relay the info. So when he does he is easy and someone can't just escape and still have it. Unless strict guidelines are in place. +/- support

Cool idea tho.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 2/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, starr said:

2. might bother with some things that the server is already trying to keep good (lag/loading time just as basic examples)

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

On 2/11/2020 at 5:49 AM, Ritz said:

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

Hello Randy,

Honestly, if you wanna make the radio even easier and not have to have a swep, you can just use Military RP's radio system. There is no swep, you just hit a key to turn the radio on and hit a button that scrolls through preset radio channels. Don't have to bother with setting the actual number or anything and it only activates when you press a specific key.

+/-Support it seems like a good/fun idea but seems hard to set up

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

2 hours ago, MiniLeopard said:

+/-Support it seems like a good/fun idea but seems hard to set up

If you are talking about coding it is the very easy to code it and if you are talking about setting channels the devs set the channels for example TEAM_SECURITYOFC, TEAM_SECURITYNCO Ect... set to channel 122.22 and they can name that channel to Security Radio (that means noone can access that channel but them two teams) and then make another for general TEAM_SECURITYOFC, TEAM_SECURITYNCO, TEAM_RESEARCHJR, TEAM_TECHNICIAN, TEAM_MEDIC to 133.23 Foundation Personal ECT... also d class can buy jammers and radios at the armory so they can communicate with eachother and also jamm the comms so GENSEC cant radio anything in

For players they have to do nothing if they want to set a bind for the bind wheel they can or they could just use the default bind from their console, and easy to change radio channels that are set by devs

Edited by Randy

On 2/11/2020 at 1:09 AM, starr said:

+SUPPORT

it's 10x better and more practical than what we have now.

Edited by Jakub

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

On 2/11/2020 at 2:09 AM, starr said:

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 2/10/2020 at 6:09 PM, starr said:

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

On 2/10/2020 at 8:09 PM, starr said:

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

• 3 weeks later...

-support our current system is easier to use because you don’t have to bind anything, as well as you have more keys to bind other things with. I prefer a simpler system.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

• 2 weeks later...