Recommended Posts

so when i try and join i get 2 errors 

1  Failed, using default cubemap 'engine/defaultcubemap'

then when it slowly grinds past that it goes to

2 Couldn't find windows font 'Helevetica', falling back to 'Tahoma'..

side note weard that it fall back to tahoma instead of Arial  and the helvetica font is rather old the most resent font with a similar name is helvetica NUE from 2017 

Any help would be amazing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I've never had this issue. That's super weird that it may be missing fonts.


TheJayden | PoliceRP PD Lieutenant | Senior Moderator |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, [GL] Game Theorist said:

Are they negatively affecting your performance? are you crashing frequently?

uh cant crash if i cant even get in ... and as far as the font yah i know its a windows font the prob is windows replaced helvetica with Arial a while back  and i dont feel like paying 40 $ just to fix this problem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've personally never gotten these errors. The cubemap one shouldn't affect your game, as it's just the cubemap (the thing that shows reflections on reflective surfaces). Same thing with the font one, shouldn't affect your game. Are you having any issues connecting or playing as a result of these errors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

connecting yes playing no (the few times i can connect without timing out) the console get spammed with those errors until it times me out 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:03 PM, Cornthecanadian said:

I've personally never gotten these errors. The cubemap one shouldn't affect your game, as it's just the cubemap (the thing that shows reflections on reflective surfaces). Same thing with the font one, shouldn't affect your game. Are you having any issues connecting or playing as a result of these errors?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

super basic, possibly dumb question, but are you subscribed to all workshop packages, if so which ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RicoTheGoat said:

super basic, possibly dumb question, but are you subscribed to all workshop packages, if so which ones?

yes all the police rp stuff also all the car texture packs that for some reason we have to either have broken textures or hunt for them our selves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me what helped with some errors is that I unsubscribed to all addons

 

then I added all police RP addons. Character skins, cars, content. But I also added the DarkRP content too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i ended up backing up my dupes and yeeting gmod in the trash bin the errors still happen but im able to get in now weard but thats gmod 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These errors are completely harmless. I still get these errors because I run my gmod very efficiently. Something else is probably causing your issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, Zeeptin said:

These errors are completely harmless. I still get these errors because I run my gmod very efficiently. Something else is probably causing your issues.

This is true. I would try verifying the game files of Garry's mod, here are the seven steps. (I apologize if there are some inconsistencies).

 

  1. Go to your steam library.
  2. Right-click Garry's Mod.
  3. From the subsequent dropdown menu, click "Properties".
  4. Click "LOCAL FILES".
  5. Click "VIEW INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES"
  6. Await the completion of the verification process. This may take a while.
  7. Lastly, post here telling us how it went.

 

~~~

utetwo


Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former senior moderator, SWAT, and State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now