Unknown SCP test

Gordon Froman

Lore Name: Gordon Froman (thereinafter The Researcher)

SCP: unknown (self-denominated as HARK)

Question / Idea: During a walk to the Medical Bay, a sentient washing machine was encountered.

Background Research: The entity (thereinafter denominated SCP-HARK) is a sentient washing machine, roughly 85 cm high x 59-60 cm wide x 50-60 cm deep, which bears no denomination, serial number, brand or any other recognizable sign denouncing its origin or how it came to be in the LSZ corridor. When talked to, SCP-HARK talks with a friendly voice, which appears to emerge from an unknown point within the machine itself.

Hypothesis: SCP-HARK can feel pain despite the obvious lack of any sensorial organs.

Observations: SCP-HARK introduced itself when approached, explaining that it enjoyed receiving dirty clothes. When asked about its nature, it said that it was just a washing machine. It declared to have no memory regarding its origin, how it came to be on the corridor or where did its energy and water came from. The researcher gave SCP-HARK a dirty sock, which it gladly received and washed. Despite being washing the piece of clothing, SCP-HARK’s ability of speaking was not impeded in any way. After five minutes, SCP-HARK vomited a perfectly clean sock.

After the introduction, the researcher set on discovering SCP-HARK sensorial nature. It obviously had a perception of sound and light, as it reacted to people around itself and commented on their clothes and equipment (especially when someone bearing weapons approached). When asked if it felt pain, SCP-HARK asked what pain was. It was at this point that MTF operative AHER approached the entity with a machinegun and proceeded to open fire. SCP-HARK tone of voice suddenly changed, and a weapon of unknown fabrication or origin appeared on its lid and opened fire, thus confirming that in one way or another, SCP-HARK had the capacity of sensing physical harm. As the researcher sought refuge from the firefight, it noticed that SCP-HARK was bleeding from the bullet holes in its metallic surface. Unable to ask more questions, MTF operatives destroyed SCP-HARK, which entire structure disappeared when its metallic cover had received irreparable damage.

Subsequent analysis to SCP-HARK blood revealed that it was human in nature, although it had minimal traces of rust and a detergent of unknown brand.

Evidence/Visual Stimuli:

Exhibit A. SCP-HANK was confronted by an MTF operative, at which point brought out a gun.

Exhibit B. SCP-HANK bled when fired upon by MTF operatives.

Analysis / Conclusion: SCP-HARK did possessed an unknown mean to feel pain, along with a deep desire of self-preservation made evident by its will to defend itself when fired upon. Almost everything about the machine continues to be unknown, although the researcher personal hypothesis is that it was a product of SCP-343 omnipotence, perhaps a try to create a sentient object to chat with. Regardless of origin, it is extremely worrisome that an anomalous entity such as SCP-HARK can manifest in the middle of the Foundation’s secure facility in such an unexpected way.

Hypothesis Answer: Hypothesis seemed to be correct. Despite the lack of any organic components, SCP-HARK could feel pain, possessed a sense of self preservation and even bleed when attacked by bullets. Hopes of further testing were wasted when MTF destroyed the entity.

A.jpg

B.jpg

Edited by Gordon Froman
  • Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, Polar said:

Test Rating: Good

I like how you wrote an unknown SCP, as far as I know when people try new SCP's its not an associate researcher. In all, nice work!

thanks! although I didn't try a new SCP or staged this in any way. Didn't even know it was possible.

I truly just encountered a sentient washing machine in the hallway and started asking questions.

Lore: 18/20

I think that it was interesting reading an SCP that didn't really have a lore behind it. I wish that there was a bit more of a focus where this SCP was found and containment procedures that you may have come up with. This is just a little extra you could do though.

Creativity: 20/20

I like how you did a test on an event SCP and that in it self is really creative, keep it up!

Presentation: 20/20

I love how you added pictures and how you adjusted the format to fit your test better. This is exactly what we are looking for in this section so well done.

Writing: 38/40

For all I could see, I could not find a spelling error nor a grammar one. I also found that your writing had good vocabulary and was interesting to read

Grade: 96%/Quality

Former Research Administrator/OR1 Dr. Watkin