Couch's Ban Appeal

Couch

Steam Name: Couch

Ingame Name: Steven Universe

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49726154

Ban Length: Permanent

Admin that Banned you: gamikzone

Reason for Ban: DDos threat

Dispute: Let me preface this appeal by saying that I did not and never intend to DDos the server or any Gaminglight affiliated servers. I have never been kicked or banned before and have never said anything of this nature before, this was simply an isolated instance of my own idiocy because I felt like cornballing in OOC. From what I remember, I was making my own fun as a D-Class by making jokes with the others around me and pestering guards. I was sporadically putting goofs in OOC chat that would contain more vulgarities as the security kept sending us down with partial lock-downs. I was probably on the server for about 45 minutes when some research trainee named "Noah" asked for training for what I presumed was the 10th time, considering he had been pleading for the entirety of my session. So, in the heat of the moment, I put in OOC something like "Aye train my homie Noah," followed by "if you don't train my homie Noah I'll DDos the server." I immediately realized the gravity of what I had just blurted and followed it by saying "JK pls don't ban me," after which I was given my ban. I write this appeal not to detest the reason of this ban, but rather to concede with it, apologize, and wish for my length to be reduced to something less permanent. I wholeheartedly acknowledge that DDos threats are very harmful whether or not they are genuine or not. I hope it is understood that I did not intend to cause trouble or shake up the staff with such a threat. I have invested more time into this server than any other server still alive and kicking, and I have engaged with a lot of the activities to be done on the server with the purest intentions; I have climbed the ranks of the security team up to Corporal, been involved in many events, and RPed as everything a level 29 could offer without breaking the server rules in any detrimental way. I find that one of the only reasons to boot up Garry's Mod anymore is to ball out on the server and I hope that you take my words and appeal into consideration. I will severely limit my OOC spazzing in the future should you accept my appeal. I am sorry.

Edited by Couch

+/- support. 

I understand you didn't mean to do any harm and were only joking but these threats must be taken seriously and not go un punished although I do agree that a perma ban is a harsh punishment for what was a bad and unthough through joke. I believe that reducing your ban sentence would be an appropriate action taken by the SMT team. 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+/- Support, i understand that jokes can be jokes, but it still was a bad thing to do, i do however agree with Jakub that perhaps a Perma ban may be a tad much for a joke, and perhaps it can get reduced.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

17 hours ago, Jakub said:

+/- support. 

I understand you didn't mean to do any harm and were only joking but these threats must be taken seriously and not go un punished although I do agree that a perma ban is a harsh punishment for what was a bad and unthough through joke. I believe that reducing your ban sentence would be an appropriate action taken by the SMT team. 

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

On 2/10/2020 at 2:55 AM, Jakub said:

+/- support. 

On 2/10/2020 at 3:55 AM, Jakub said:

+/- support. 

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |