server was better a year ago.

Jakub

Advanced issues found

🤓

Advanced issues found

🤓
On 2/8/2020 at 11:45 PM, _Alpha_ said:

Considerig the fact that a weapon buff was denied twice, one had all +1's (or near all) while the 2nd one which I made was only given -1's because it was a week or two after the other one was denied by Igneous.

Personally weapons should be buffed completely, make every weapon viable and not just weapon metas, remove the weird weapon damage dropoffs and let them have full unchanged damage and buffed RPM. Make it where tactics need to be used and not just rushes.

Let me make some things thoroughly clear to you:

What you just said is that every weapon should be buffed, not only that, but you want me to essentially make every weapon have similar stats so that everything is viable. Let me explain to you the flawed logic in your reasoning.

1. The weapon balancing on the server is extremely delicate. You need to realize that the world does not revolve around you and that if I change something solely to your liking, somebody else is being fucked over. 

For example, I up the overall weapon damage on the server, D-Class and Gensec become almost obsolete. D-Class will get instantly mowed down more than they already do, and Gensec becomes easier to dominate by CI who makes it into LCZ. I can go on and on about this but I'll leave this 

2. The fact that you think that you can just "not have weapon metas" shows how much you lack common sense. I'm going to thoroughly explain this to you so you can understand. META stands for Most Effective Tactic Available. Pretty self-explanatory. For me to do what you suggest, to "REMOVE THE METAS" every single gun would need to have exactly the same stats. If one is slightly better than the other, that weapon will inevitably become "the meta" because people obviously want to use the best gun available to them. So with your divine wisdom of how to run a server, you want to make every weapon on the server have the same stats, making every gunfight extremely fucking boring. Honestly, I don't normally get like this, but that is quite literally one of the dumbest things that someone has ever suggested to me.

3. Does this look like a triple a game studio to you? I do not think you understand the fact that we do not have a team of dedicated people to evaluate and asses every weapon on the server, and bring about balance changes. I do the best I can. Apparently, it isn't enough. I spend a lot of my time thinking about the server and doing things for the server. Honestly, a lot more time than I should be right now considering everything I have going on in my life, so yes man, I do the best that I can. Sometimes things slip through the cracks, sometimes something might not happen the quickest, but I do the best I can.

big cat running GIF

Well this post is awkward now 🙂

1 minute ago, Igneous said:

What you just said is that every weapon should be buffed, not only that, but you want me to essentially make every weapon have similar stats so that everything is viable. Let me explain to you the flawed logic in your reasoning.

1. The weapon balancing on the server is extremely delicate. You need to realize that the world does not revolve around you and that if I change something solely to your liking, somebody else is being fucked over. 

For example, I up the overall weapon damage on the server, D-Class and Gensec become almost obsolete. D-Class will get instantly mowed down more than they already do, and Gensec becomes easier to dominate by CI who makes it into LCZ. I can go on and on about this but I'll leave this 

2. The fact that you think that you can just "not have weapon metas" shows how much you lack common sense. I'm going to thoroughly explain this to you so you can understand. META stands for Most Effective Tactic Available. Pretty self-explanatory. For me to do what you suggest, to "REMOVE THE METAS" every single gun would need to have exactly the same stats. If one is slightly better than the other, that weapon will inevitably become "the meta" because people obviously want to use the best gun available to them. So with your divine wisdom of how to run a server, you want to make every weapon on the server have the same stats, making every gunfight extremely fucking boring. Honestly, I don't normally get like this, but that is quite literally one of the dumbest things that someone has ever suggested to me.

3. Does this look like a triple a game studio to you? I do not think you understand the fact that we do not have a team of dedicated people to evaluate and asses every weapon on the server, and bring about balance changes. I do the best I can. Apparently, it isn't enough. I spend a lot of my time thinking about the server and doing things for the server. Honestly, a lot more time than I should be right now considering everything I have going on in my life, so yes man, I do the best that I can. Sometimes things slip through the cracks, sometimes something might not happen the quickest, but I do the best I can.

We understand that you do a lot for this server, and I don't want you to think we're ungrateful. It's just that there has been a lot of frustration recently and it's been boiling over. I'd love to have a talk about weapons with you.

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

5 minutes ago, Gh0pit said:

Well this post is awkward now 🙂

We understand that you do a lot for this server, and I don't want you to think we're ungrateful. It's just that there has been a lot of frustration recently and it's been boiling over. I'd love to have a talk about weapons with you.

It's literally just bickering. I've got half a mind to do a flat nerf to every single person's health and armor. 

You all really don't get it. You complain that the weapons are not powerful enough and that people are too tanky, but lemme remind you guys something. Everybody is always asking for more health and armor, every single branch update. So if you guys want to make yourselves tankier, why the fuck are you complaining about weapons not being strong enough?

big cat running GIF

15 minutes ago, Igneous said:

It's literally just bickering. I've got half a mind to do a flat nerf to every single person's health and armor. 

You all really don't get it. You complain that the weapons are not powerful enough and that people are too tanky, but lemme remind you guys something. Everybody is always asking for more health and armor, every single branch update. So if you guys want to make yourselves tankier, why the fuck are you complaining about weapons not being strong enough?

I don't speak for everyone, I don't even share that opinion half the time. I might not know how to run a server but I know you have to listen to a lot of people. And people are idiots. Me included. Everyone has a vision for this server and some of the older people have one thats different than what today looks like. It's bickering, yes. Pointless? I don't think so. I don't blame branches for wanting to be more tanky. Every branch would get melted instantly at 100/100 by negevs and G3's. D block would be a mess. I'm not gonna pretend that I know everything. And everyone in this thread here shouldn't either. I only care about what's fun and as long as the server is fun, I'm good and just want to keep hearing stories from others. 

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

I would have to agree with Igneous here. I did like the server how it was back then, however, I was not involved heavily in combat back then. Even now things seem balanced, obviously, there's no way to balance everything perfectly but the SMT working on SCP RP can only do so much when 80% of what is coming is complaining without offering a solution. 

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

1 hour ago, Gh0pit said:

Every branch would get melted instantly at 100/100 by negevs and G3's

Which brings up another point, despite the Negev and g3 being some of the most powerful guns on the server, nobody suggests any changes to them. Why? The answer is simple. Because people love using them because they’re strong, so why would they want to see a gun they like using be nerfed? The same people who call for weapon balance say nothing about those guns.

• Like 1

big cat running GIF

16 hours ago, Igneous said:

shit just went from 0-100 real quick
I understand tho

10 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingPurpleTreeSquid said:

Probably because suggesting changes to the Negev and G3 would put you against the entire community of donators who have put 100+ dollars into the server. There's no point in suggestions since you will get spammed with -support by donators trying to keep their powerful advantages.

As has been previously stated, things that get all +supports are denied, and things that get -supports are accepted sometimes aswell. Plus, I've literally already nerfed the Negev like 4 days ago, not direct nerfs to the damage, but things like recoil and mobility.

big cat running GIF

23 hours ago, Igneous said:

Igneous is right.
D-Class in D-Block get mowed down already, but in my opinion, its balanced and fun. mtf is a whole nother story
having D-Class get mowed down even more will dwindle so much of the population, turning prime time hours to about 50-70 instead of 100+
mtf with negavs deserve to have the negav, they payed money to show support to the server and they wish to have more ways to play
it isnt as simple as pay to win, its people fighting and engaging in nerfs and buffs to there favorite weapons.
weapons are balanced the way they are. 
(oh and also, negavs can be outrun, soooooo. yea, they are balanced)

Edited by Panda0Playz

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

You probably didn't mean to annoy anyone with this post but @Zeeptin and @Igneous have probably put their heart and soul into this server and you just kinda dissed it, yeah maybe the old days where better (I wouldn't know) but you shouldn't of made a whole forum post about it. If I was Zeeptin or Igneous I would be pretty mad at you 😕 and tbh I don't mind the guns right now, one last thing if they made CC's go back to 100/100 a lot of people would be really mad because they paid a lot of money to have 200/200.

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

Can't have the new times without the old. I enjoy playing SCPRP cause its constantly changing with updates and etc. Jobs and playstyles change based on what is best for the server. The Community have choice in what is put into the server by the way of suggestions. It's not fair to the people that want to improve the server to say that it was better a year ago. We all know how much SMT really put in the server either behind the scenes or where it can be seen and certain posts in this thread belittle what they do. If you felt like certain changes in the past were great then you have the choice of making that suggestion and it will be easily reviewed to be accepted or denied by SMT. That being said you should carefully review what you are going to say before making a post like this.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

• Bread locked this topic