SCP-049 + SCP-096 Cross Test

Tai Lopez

Lore Name: Lopez
SCP: 049 + 096

Question / Idea: Will SCP-096 try to kill SCP-049 if he looks at him?
Background Research: SCP-096 is a Euclid class SCP. It is a 2.38 m tall humanoid figure with major deformities, little muscle mass, and very disproportionate arms. His jaw is capable of opening to four times that of a regular human. It is usually very docile, but when someone looks at it or a photograph/video of him, it experiences MAJOR emotional distress and will stop at nothing to kill them, capable of running at extremely high speeds. It's unknown if SCP-096 is blind or not, and there's no evidence of higher brain functions. SCP-049 is a Euclid class SCP. He is a humanoid entity who resembles the appearance of a medieval plague doctor. He wears black robes and a ceramic mask. He is usually cooperative with Foundation personnel and can be subdued by armed guards if necessary. SCP-049 is capable of killing people by ceasing their biological functions through direct skin contact. He sees other individuals as being infected with the "pestilence" and wishes to "cure" them. If an individual dies through direct contact with SCP-049, he usually gets frustrated and shows remorse, but afterwards he uses some chemicals on his person to perform surgery on the corpse. Those that are "cured" by SCP-049 are classified as SCP-049-2, which are hostile reanimated corpses that obey all orders from SCP-049. SCP-049 can be re-contained by eliminating all instances of SCP-049-2 and ordering him to return to his chamber with two armed guards.
Hypothesis: Given that SCP-096 kills anyone that looks at him, I have no reason to suspect that he won't try to kill SCP-049 if he looks at him.

Observations (What Happened During Test): SCP-049 was transported from his chambers to SCP-096's chambers. A bag was placed over SCP-096’s head, and he was restrained while I set up the experiment. SCP-049’s restraints and blindfold was removed. After this, SCP-096’s bag and restraints were removed, and the chamber door was shut. Once the chamber was secure, SCP-049 was ordered to stare directly at SCP-096. He complied. Instead of SCP-096 immediately trying to kill him, he stares back at him. No signs of aggression, hostility, or emotional distress were present in SCP-096, which was completely unexpected. After nearly thirty seconds of staring, SCP-049 was restrained again and transported back to his own chamber.

Evidence/Visual Stimuli: 

3fc993822285fe7bfd6e39f078e043c7.jpg

0017523a40cbbeffff3ae0fb089d3d6a.jpg

660c15ba668979ebbadc15680686c07e.jpg

c67c34be94e79297cb67715046acb7b4.jpg

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): It puzzles me why SCP-096 did not kill him. Anyone that even remotely looks at him, nevertheless directly stares at him, immediately induces immense emotional distress in SCP-096, who then proceeds to kill him letting nothing stop him. SCP-096 did not enter a distressed state, and he did not try to kill him. Hypothetical possibilities involve maybe SCP-049's mask having an effect on SCP-096, or perhaps SCP-049 eyes are different and unfamiliar to SCP-096, or maybe SCP-096 was aware that direct contact with SCP-049 ceases bodily functions, so this could be the first instance SCP-096 does not attack someone that looks at him out of fear for his own life. The most probable conclusion I can draw from this is that SCP-096 does not experience emotional distress when a non-human looks at him. SCP-049 is a humanoid entity, but since his appearance without the mask and robes is unknown, he is not confirmed to be human, thus showing that a possibility for SCP-096’s lack of response is that he’s aware SCP-049 is not human. Regardless, the results of the experiment contradict the nature and known behavior of SCP-096.
Was Your Hypothesis Correct?: My hypothesis was incorrect. SCP-096 did not kill SCP-049.

Edited by Tai Lopez

Logging in....

programming coding GIF

Welcome : Research Administrator : W

Loading Automatic test grading program....

Automatic test grading program loaded

Scanning Document....

coding blue screen GIF

Scanning Complete

Loading grade sheet....

Grade sheet loaded

Score: 98/100

Grade: A

Lore: 20/20 

Lore is good at a stand point. It seems you might have copied and pasted some parts, but I think you also added your own words at points, and since I don't care about plagiarism that much idc.

Creativity: 20/20

Color coding was a good add on as it helped me find certain parts, the added spacing parts also let me see which part ends and which parts start, the testing idea is a very uncommon testing idea which is amazing. Your hypothesis makes sense as SCP-096 is known to attack other SCPs in lore who look at his face.

Presentation:  18/20

Again the colors you have chosen are an eye grabber, the pictures you have taken are very expertly taken as they all don't show the face of SCP-096. I don't know why you were in the cell with SCP-096 as that is a breaching hazard, along with a giant risk of you dyeing.

Writing: 40/40

I don't see any spelling errors, a lot of effort and detail was added to the conclusion, Your observation also seems quite wordy and detailed in a good way. All-in-all it seems good to me.

Test Tier: Quality

(:Note: Your conclusion adds a small concern and big testing idea to the containment of SCP-096, first if SCP-096 doesn't respond to nonhumans in a hostile manner than the group known as Serpents hand has a higher chance of breaching and capturing the SCP. Second if you were to have a D class take a piece of SCP-049's clothes/skin and then analyze it, will you be able to make a suit or headset that can work the same way SCP-049 did with SCP-096. Remember S.ecure C.ontain P.rotect.)

Posting Grade sheet....

Grade sheet posted

Logging off....

hacking watch dogs GIF

Research Administrator W