Brig should have cell cameras

friendlywolf

Name: Shock MSG M 1300

What do you want to see? - I want to see cameras in each cell in brig with the TV's they are connected to in the spot that says "Arrest History" since that spot has literally nothing in it and has no use.

Why should we add it? - This will allow shock and command pick out cells for event characters to enter, It will allow VCMDR+ find troopers easily without the need to open every cell in brig to find them.

What are the advantages of having this? - It would allow us to find prisoners easily, along with let us see how they are glitching/exploiting out of their cells, what they are doing in those cells, and see which cells are occupied and unoccupied for when we need to put event characters in brig for questioning/Interrogation.

Who is it mainly for? - Shock, Naval, and any VCMDR+ who wants one of their troops freed from brig.

Links to any content - In the SCP:RP GMs and Mods are able to spawn these TV's that aren't linked to any cameras. You could try to ask Igneous for the Content pack for those TVs as I know this server already has cameras. (Arson has been using them to spy on brig which is where I got this idea from)

• Like 1

Research Administrator W

1 hour ago, [LN] jaideb said:

+support sometimes shocks get busy and sts run and open all the cells

How would cameras in the cells help with that?

I say -support. It isnt too hard to find who you are looking or and staff can easily find them. IDK how much lag this would add to the server, but I dont see it being worth it

And if they are glitching out of their cells, call staff. We'll give them a cell they cant get out  of or worse

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

+support

i myself find it confusing when you have a near full brig if minges and have to walk up to each door using voice chat to try and find them (ik it’s technically fail rp but I have yet to find a better way if there is one pls tell me) these would not only be useful at brig if possible it could open the doors to more cameras around important ship areas like say all the critical areas that need guarding by STs during defcon 3 or below a camera room could be made in that back rooms in hyperspace room so naval can know which areas need troopers and which don’t (also would make events with infiltrators a lot more fun as the infiltrators would have to infiltrate and not get caught on camera blowing their cover. Sorry for the rant I got carried away.

11 hours ago, Fear said:

+support

i myself find it confusing when you have a near full brig if minges and have to walk up to each door using voice chat to try and find them (ik it’s technically fail rp but I have yet to find a better way if there is one pls tell me) these would not only be useful at brig if possible it could open the doors to more cameras around important ship areas like say all the critical areas that need guarding by STs during defcon 3 or below a camera room could be made in that back rooms in hyperspace room so naval can know which areas need troopers and which don’t (also would make events with infiltrators a lot more fun as the infiltrators would have to infiltrate and not get caught on camera blowing their cover. Sorry for the rant I got carried away.

Ok, now THAT I would support as long as it didnt lag the server

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

+Support 

It is a major hassle finding people in cells especially when you need to release them in cases of accidental arrest or when they are to be set free for any other reason. It is especially difficult when you have a crowded brig so you don't accidentally let someone out. Especially if you are the only one in the brig. Aside from that not every case requires staff and it would be far easier. Aside from that in my experience I have had staff in the brig who I've asked to release someone and they either didn't hear me or just ignored me (I am inclined to believe the second one.) And the fact that you shouldn't need to involve staff in order to do your job effectively.  In conclusion it removes 60% of the issues that Shock faces when guarding the brig. 

spacer.png

On 2/7/2020 at 5:29 PM, ArsonTM said:

+Support 

It is a major hassle finding people in cells especially when you need to release them in cases of accidental arrest or when they are to be set free for any other reason. It is especially difficult when you have a crowded brig so you don't accidentally let someone out. Especially if you are the only one in the brig. Aside from that not every case requires staff and it would be far easier. Aside from that in my experience I have had staff in the brig who I've asked to release someone and they either didn't hear me or just ignored me (I am inclined to believe the second one.) And the fact that you shouldn't need to involve staff in order to do your job effectively.  In conclusion it removes 60% of the issues that Shock faces when guarding the brig. 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:05 AM, Fear said:

+support

+Support 

Good idea 

Would help with minges. 

+Make the ship more secure. 

Retired Medical Vice Commander/Retired Head of Research

• 4 weeks later...