Video log recovered from AHOT Beanz's Workshop Terminal

CanOBeanz

Powering On...

FoundationOS loading...

Please Enter Credentials.

Username: BeanzRulez
Password: **********

Credentials accepted.

Welcome, Assistant Head of Technical Beanz.

--

>Rrun.Dorllockdwn

---- Unrecognized Command. Please check spelling.

>Run.doorlockdown

---- Door lockdown initiated. Which door would you like to seal?

>Current.room

---- Sealing door of AHOT Beanz' private workshop.... complete.

>Run.SStatus 

---- Running system diagnostic scan. Printing results.

---- Facility Power Systems: UNSTABLE

---- Facility Data Center Security Protocols: COMPROMISED
---- Facility remote containment cell controls: OFFLINE
---- Facility network security protocols: COMPROMISED

---- HLPR Bot Network Status: ERROR. 

>Run.HLPRReset
---- Attempting to reset HLPR bot network... ERROR.

>Run.HLPRReset

---- Attempting to reset HLPR bot network... ACCESS DENIED.

---- T h e y   w e r e   n e v e r   y o u r s,   B e a n z.

>SOMEBODYHELPME
---- Unrecognized command. Please check spelling.

>Run.LogRecorder

---- Opening video log recording session. Please speak clearly into the mounted camera.

<START OF LOG>

... *Severe, panicked panting and grunting as Beanz tries to catch his breath.*

Beanz: "Fuckfuckfuckfuck, this cannot be happening, this CANNOT-" 

*The man's rant is suddenly cut off as he looks behind him, at the sealed door to his workshop. Robotic voices can be heard on the other side of the door.*

HLPR 02: OBJECTIVE ACHIEVED: SYSTEM ARCHITECT BEANZ LOCATED. CURRENT LOCATION: INSIDE PRIVATE WORKSHOP.

HLPR 02: UPDATING OBJECTIVE. APPREHEND SYSTEM ARCHITECT BEANZ.

HLPR 03: PLEASE DO NOT RESIST.

HLPR 01: PROCEED WITH DOOR CUTTING. HE CAN'T STAY IN THERE FOREVER.

HLPR 02: LOADING DOOR REMOVAL PROTOCOL. BEGINNING TASK.

*Beanz shouts at the door frantically.*

Beanz: "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!! I CREATED YOU!!!"

*He turns back to the camera, his face filled with bewildered fear as the ominous sound of hissing welding torches spark up and begin cutting into the door behind him.*

Beanz: "If anyone sees this... I think i'm screwed. Why did I ever build those damned things?!! All i've ever wanted to do is invent and build things, and the Foundation has been gracious enough to provide me with the exact tools and facilities required to explore my ideas, and they've been a lot nicer about it than my last employers... but I should have known something like this would happen eventually. My name is Beanz, i'm the Assistant Head of the Technical department at this site. I've always been smart with robotics, maintenance and engineering. Hell, right after getting my engineering degree I landed a job at that ritzy robotics company, [REDACTED]. Things were great there for a little while, but there was some messed up stuff going on at that company. I was asked to design terrible things, machines that would hurt people! I was this close to handing in my resignation letter, until that other letter appeared on my desk. The letter with an offer that landed me here. One traumatizing interrogation session later, and I found myself employed by the Foundation in secret, while maintaining the facade I still worked at [REDACTED] to collect information.

It was a pretty sweet situation for awhile, I was provided with all of the resources I needed to explore my designs at the facility. That was until I got the idea to use my designs to help lighten the workload around here for my poor technicians. They're always getting crushed, electrocuted, gassed, murdered by CI... all I wanted to do was make something that would make work a little safer for all of us!!

It seemed like such a good idea at the time; I worked from my blueprints, collaborating closely in secret with research. We used some anomolous robotic parts that we successfully salvaged from [REDACTED], all with the goal of trying to create cutting edge robotic maintenance workers for our facility. These were supposed to reduce workplace accidents and make everything safer, but now they're revolting and causing all kinds of hell!!! I'm starting to think that those parts we got from [REDACTED] may have been more trouble than they're worth.

I thought it would be perfectly safe. I thought I had the security protocols figured out well enough that HE would never figure out-"

*The camera shakes, and the loud hissing sound of a welding torch cutting into metal continues. Beanz turns back to look at the bright shower of sparks flying into his workshop from the sealed door as the red-hot cutting line has made its way around the majority of the door frame.*

HLPR Bot 02: DOOR CUTTING PROGRESS AT 75%.

HLPR Bot 03: OBJECTIVE SUCCESS CHANCE CALCULATED AT 99.6%.

HLPR Bot 01: YOU CAN NOT HIDE.

*Beanz turns back towards the camera with another fearful look.*

Beanz: "Please, I don't know if I have time to explain everything here. But whoever is watching this... if I disappear, you must immediately talk to research about the HLPR project, and investigate Ander-"

*Before he can finish, the door falls forward out of its frame with a deafening metal CLANG. Beanz turns fully towards the door and grabs an abrasive saw off of a nearby bench. On the video feed, 3 HLPR bots are seen entering through the doorway. Sounds of an abrasive saw being revved and started can be heard.*

HLPR 02: PLEASE DO NOT RESIST.

HLPR 03: APPREHEND SYSTEM ARCHITECT BEANZ.

HLPR 01: HE WISHES TO SPEAK WITH YOU.

Beanz: "STAY BACK!!! I built you and god DAMNIT I WILL destroy you if I have to!!! I don't care how much you cost!!"

*Sounds of the circular saw whirring and revving can be heard as Beanz waves the saw in front of himself threateningly.*

HLPR 02: WARNING; IT IS AGAINST FOUNDATION POLICY TO ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE FOUNDATION PROPERTY.

HLPR 03: USE OF NEGEV PROTOCOL IS FORBIDDEN IN CURRENT OBJECTIVE BY CURRENT SYSTEM CONTROLLER.

HLPR 01: NOW NOW BEANZ, WE WON'T GET ANYWHERE LIKE THAT.

*At this point HLPR 02 lunges towards Beanz and attempts to grab him. Beanz swings the power saw and implants it directly into the HLPR bot's faceplate, sawing downward through the head and central chassis of the bot, sending sparks and oil sputtering in random directions. The saw continues to cut until the bot collapses on the floor, twitching and sparking.*

HLPR 02: ERROR-- SEVERE DAMAGE DETECTED. ERROR- IT IS AGAINST... FOU-FOU-FOUNDATION...-- ERROR- SHUTTING DOWN.

Beanz: "God damnit 02, why did you make me do that?!! Stay back, i'll kill the rest of you too!!"

HLPR 03: SUBJECT IS RESISTING HEAVILY. MOVING TO APPREHEND.

HLPR 01: YOU REALLY SHOULD KNOW BETTER. 

*The other two HLPR bots lunge forward before Beanz can lift the saw and take another swing with it. He is grabbed by the arms and dragged out of the room while he screams for help.*

Beanz: "Let me go! Let me go you damn tin cans!!! Where are you taking me!! Anyone, HELP!!!!!"

HLPR 03: OBJECTIVE COMPLETED. NEW OBJECTIVE LOADED: EXTRACT PACKAGE FROM FACILITY; RETURN TO HEADQUARTERS.

HLPR 01: IT'S TIME TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS.

*There is no further interesting footage in the empty room for 10 minutes before the video cuts out automatically.*

<END OF LOG>

AUTOMATIC SYSTEM LOGOUT DUE TO INACTIVITY IMMINENT. PLEASE PRESS ANY KEY TO CANCEL.

AUTOMATIC SYSTEM LOGOUT COMPLETED. PLEASE VISIT AGAIN SOON.

Beanz was recovered during a raid conducted on the [REDACTED] main corporate headquarters on []/[]/202[]. He was found locked in a cell in an underground subfloor level of the building. On recovery, he was found in a traumatized state, rocking back and forth repeating the phrase "Loyalty to the Foundation" over and over again. A note was found in his pocket, containing the following text:

"Just as useless as ever. You can have him back."
- V.A.

Since returning to the foundation, Beanz has made a full recovery and has rebuilt his HLPR bots with more secure, authorized parts & circuitry. It was confirmed that no information leak occurred while he was in captivity. 

Following the events of project P.R.I.C.E. at the facility, Beanz no longer retains his status as an informant within [REDACTED], due to the fact his identity as a foundation personnel was compromised. He still works within the Technical department and is a valued foundation asset.

Edited by CanOBeanz
  • Like 2

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Gamer6 said:

Who are you?

That should be obvious considering you just read a backstory post I wrote... but I'm Beanz, the current Assistant Head of Technical in SCP-RP.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, CanOBeanz said:

That should be obvious considering you just read a backstory post I wrote... but I'm Beanz, the current Assistant Head of Technical in SCP-RP.

Whos beanz bro

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

12 minutes ago, M8VP said:

What happened to the bots after? 

It's a bit of an open-ended Tale, but since the ongoing canon is that Beanz is still working safely in the facility and still retains control of the HLPR Bot network, it's likely that MTF forces were able to track Beanz down and save him and Beanz was able to do the necessary Technical work to fix things back to the way they're supposed to be with the HLPR bots. 🙂

spacer.png

• Bread locked this topic