Remove items from janitor class

Rocco_Rex

I voted 'No' and wanted to explain my reasoning. There are a couple of things that influenced my decision.

1. It's an Ex-SMT class.

2. The issues you have with the class seem almost totally unrelated to what the class has.

To elaborate on point 2, you mentioned "Make janitor job WAY less mingy and make it more difficult for them to screw up the RP of everyone else on the server. Just TWO of them even killed an actor I had in reserve as a final push for an off ship event who was heavily armed". This is something that should have been and needs to be dealt with just like any other case of RDM or what have you. Would it have been harder to do what they did without the things you want removed? Sure. However, RDM is RDM and FailRP by ruining an event is FailRP by ruining an event.

Point being, the class doesn't need to be fixed. The standards on how to deal with those that abuse it need to be fixed.

Former Co-Manager of GL MethRP and GL MilitaryRP. Former Janitor Beve.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, stok54 said:

To elaborate on point 2, you mentioned "Make janitor job WAY less mingy and make it more difficult for them to screw up the RP of everyone else on the server. Just TWO of them even killed an actor I had in reserve as a final push for an off ship event who was heavily armed". This is something that should have been and needs to be dealt with just like any other case of RDM or what have you. Would it have been harder to do what they did without the things you want removed? Sure. However, RDM is RDM and FailRP by ruining an event is FailRP by ruining an event.

2 Janitors shouldnt be able to defeat a heavily armed, high health person. It was not technically RDM cuz it was an event and the actor was a Rebel. 

And that example aside, janitors RDM a bunch on ship with their OP blasters and most staff is afraid to deal with them properly

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

1 hour ago, stok54 said:

I voted 'No' and wanted to explain my reasoning. There are a couple of things that influenced my decision.

1. It's an Ex-SMT class.

2. The issues you have with the class seem almost totally unrelated to what the class has.

Point being, the class doesn't need to be fixed. The standards on how to deal with those that abuse it need to be fixed.

I also voted no due to reasons stated in the quote.

27 minutes ago, Rocco_Rex said:

2 Janitors shouldnt be able to defeat a heavily armed, high health person. It was not technically RDM cuz it was an event and the actor was a Rebel. 

And that example aside, janitors RDM a bunch on ship with their OP blasters and most staff is afraid to deal with them properly

2 janitors were able to beat these heavily armed people BECAUSE of their blasters, not their grappling belts or jetpacks. If this were a suggestion for the blasters to be changed I'd be 100% in support of this, but removing the jetpacks and grapples serves no real solution as you can still warn, tp, freeze and so on all the same.

501st Commander Poggers #boisinblue

Former manager of GL Meth RP and Mil RP

25 minutes ago, Rocco_Rex said:

So it sounds like your problem has a lot to do with the blaster and not really the equipment?

To your second point, you just illustrated exactly what I was getting at. An Ex-SMT is exactly the same as another normal player. What needs to happen is that a respected member of the current SMT needs to hold a meeting with staff and inform them to stop being afraid to deal with Ex-SMT like they would any other player.

I still stand behind the belief that the problem isn't with the class, it's with the current policies.

4 hours ago, stok54 said:

To your second point, you just illustrated exactly what I was getting at. An Ex-SMT is exactly the same as another normal player. What needs to happen is that a respected member of the current SMT needs to hold a meeting with staff and inform them to stop being afraid to deal with Ex-SMT like they would any other player.

I still stand behind the belief that the problem isn't with the class, it's with the current policies.

And no normal player would be allowed these guns and equipment while a op gun is annoying to deal with it’s manageable but when they get the ability of a jet pack AND a grappling hook it becomes ridiculous. There are classes for normal players with op guns there are classes for players with a grappling hook there are classes for normal players with a jet pack but they are separate for balance. If we wanna treat them like normal players we balance them like normal players.

Edited by Fear

if you guys wouldn't harass us 24/7 you wouldn't get killed tbh, I don't fuck with events or other RP situations I just go on to have fun but when im spectated by a certain animal loving admin and targeted by shock and naval all the time.... your going to get yeeted lol

• Dislike 1

Huge -support

Nothing has to be changed, just who is on that job has to be dealt with.

Staff should man the Hek up and deal with the situation like any other cases they get, Follow the guidelines

-Warn for whatever they did EX:(FailRp, RDM)

-If janitors are being targeted than this is also an issue. Let people rp and once the problem occurs than you may act.

(if you have an issue with the player than make a player report on the forums)

-Ex Senior Mod China

Edited by China

8 hours ago, Fear said:

And no normal player would be allowed these guns and equipment while a op gun is annoying to deal with it’s manageable but when they get the ability of a jet pack AND a grappling hook it becomes ridiculous. There are classes for normal players with op guns there are classes for players with a grappling hook there are classes for normal players with a jet pack but they are separate for balance. If we wanna treat them like normal players we balance them like normal players.

You totally missed my point.

When I said "normal players" I didn't mean how they play or how the class operates. I meant how they are to be dealt with. For example, since Janitor is an Ex-SMT class, think of SMT as the manager of a grocery store. If that manager leaves that position and becomes an Ex-manager or Ex-SMT, they can't just walk into the grocery store and take whatever food they want. If they did that, they'd get stopped or arrested for stealing.

What I'm saying is that IF a person playing on Janitor does something that is against the rules or harasses other players that are trying to RP in a way that it ruins their RP, that person should be dealt with just like any other normal player. Hopefully that clears my point up a bit.

-

To your points, you are correct to say that Janitor has access to things no other single class has, but there are at least two big distinctions that you missed. Janitor has easily the weakest RP potential of all classes (aside from droids maybe imo) and they are for people that "earned" them. Janitor is not an easy class to get access to due to the pre-requisites, so if you do get the class; it should feel special. In addition, having the grapple hook and jetpack makes RP bearable with the class at the least.

Since those two arguments are so weak, that's why I stand by my decision that the problem is with the policies and "walking on eggshells" approach staff has with them and not the class itself.

1 hour ago, [GL] Alec said:

if you guys wouldn't harass us 24/7 you wouldn't get killed tbh, I don't fuck with events or other RP situations I just go on to have fun but when im spectated by a certain animal loving admin and targeted by shock and naval all the time.... your going to get yeeted lol

Funny. I remember you RDMing multiple Purge during a Jedi attack on ship

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

• Manager
16 minutes ago, Rocco_Rex said:

Funny. I remember you RDMing multiple Purge during a Jedi attack on ship

How about both of you stop arguing, and let people put there supports in.

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

I personally don't play the server but I do know Alec I also know that taking his weapons away will do nothing to slow him down on rdm and minging instead of removing the weapons why don't you guys give the janitors something to actually do just saying.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:26 AM, [GL] Alec said:

Settle in for a long wait!

Thats a bit harsh..... remember were you came from Mr. NiMo

Alec, With all due respect, You do get on and minge.

RDMING, ect, You get arrested multiple times a day.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

On 1/28/2020 at 11:26 AM, [GL] Alec said:

Settle in for a long wait!

Thats a bit harsh..... remember were you came from Mr. NiMo

Not to defend Mimos actions here what he did to get removed on scprp was wrong but it wasn’t as bad as what you are doing. He never broke a metric crap ton of rules messing with other rpers experience for his own personal sense of “fun”

• Like 1

+support 

-Janitor Job don’t Ruin RP for other people on the server if anyone(EX SMT) on janitor job  breaking server’s rules, Minging, FailRP, ETC.  some old and new people might leave the server/community because of some EX-SMT is minging, FailRP, etc on it.   So think about it do you guys want server/community keep growing Players count and don’t have mingy people or fall down in players count and do have mingy people on the server.  

-some EX SMT can be janitor and don’t ruin RP for other like janitor Beve because he is best of janitor than, Janitor Alac.   Alac try to ruin RP for other, RDM, Break server Rules, ETC.   other hand Beve try to RP, don’t RDM, Don’t break server rules, ETC.     

-EX SMT should get Janitor job awarded for mature not immature 

Edited by [ASG] Muggs