Magnous - Game Master Application

Magnous

In-game name: Magnous 

SteamID:STEAM_0:0:80145448

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: SGT 

Have you donated to the server?: Not yet!

Have you been banned on any GL server before?: no

Have you received any warnings (please give reasons if applicable)?: None

How much time do you have on the server?: over 300

How well do you know the LORE? Explain: I tend to keep up to date with lore weekly and daily via youtube and comics.

Why do you WANT to become a Gamemaster?: 

I personally enjoy creating fun and unique experiences for others, Ive worked with gamemasters before however, I was pressed for time back then and had too much to work on, and without being a Gamemaster myself, creating and running these simulations was simply too difficult. As a Gamemaster, I’d take great pride in the public PVE simulations, battalion training, and events I’d run. I’d enjoy taking time out to plan the important aspects, and ensure it was an enjoyable experience for everyone.For anyone that doesn’t know what aptitude means, I will save you the google search, it means the ability to learn or do something. Throughout my life, I have been challenged with a multitude of things. Being in college-level classes and lectures also proves the argument. You can go from knowing nothing to having to be on top of your game all of the time to be paying attention, and understand what you need to do or accomplish for yourself or others. I am very dedicated to this server and helping others. . Helping out everyone is my main goal at all times, and it is what I thrive to accomplish. I am also willing to learn at any point which makes someone a great candidate. Understanding what you have to learn, in order to become what you are thriving for shows dedication as well. Being mature is also a part of the fold for everything. You need to be mature in order for people to respect you. You cannot be trusted if you are not mature in most cases, you need to be able to take criticism and learn from it, instead of getting angry that someone didn’t like or appreciate the work that you do. You learn that from life, having a job, or getting rejected from something, and that is so important to have to understand if you want to make it anywhere in life. I’d like to include as many different roleplay scenarios as possible, without cluttering events. I’d evaluate the way roleplay is run during the event and work with the clones. For example, if I had a console placed, I wouldn’t have a specific method of unlocking the things connected to the console, I’d simply work along with the way the clones roleplay it out. For example, if they hack it, as long as the hacking was good I’d allow it. If they scanned for connections and found the source of the connection was the console, and blow it up, I’d probably also allow it, depending on how the roleplay is run. I’d basically like to promote people roleplaying the way they feel is best, and work alongside them to make it work in the event.I’d like to create fun combat experiences for players, focusing on unique positioning and different NPC types. If it were an event on the Ship, I’d obviously be limited, but I’d try to place things down methodically to put players in a position where they have to cooperate well to clear the sector. (EG; utilizing crossfire, clearing different positions simultaneously, etc…)I want to give players an option to create their own story for their event, their own path. I’d like to avoid linear events where the player is limited on choice. Some events are run in a way that creates the illusion of choice, but each decision has already been planned by the Gamemaster. For my own events, I’d like to try to create an open field of possibilities, to give the players the best experience possible.  If an event were more based on story/roleplay, I would at least make the decisions made by players impact what happens during the event. Even if there is a structure to the event, I’d run the event in a dynamic way, changing the event in relation to the player's decisions.As I said previously, public PVE simulations would be something I’d do as frequently as possible, and I’d hold my PVE simulations to as high of a standard as possible, and run them as frequently as possible. Everything I said with PVE simulations from above still applies to this section as well, but overall, I’d like to ensure my PVEs are unique fun and challenging to the players; as well as frequently hosted. I’d also like to run training simulations for battalions when they require a Gamemaster. This would be to just assist other battalions and overall improve their experience on the server using my abilities as a Gamemaster.I’d make it a goal to find the middle ground between good amounts of RP and good amounts of combat, to try and find a level where most people will enjoy the event being run. I’d try to run some events and simulations with more roleplay, and some with more combat, obviously tailoring each experience to the individuals in the simulation.I am always trying to help out on the server with either staff-related things or being active enough for my battalion. I am consistently online which is a good thing. Being able to help out in more aspects of being online, will benefit the community as well as myself to feel accomplished for helping others. I am well known throughout the community which is on the plus side. Being well known, it means that people know who you are. Having someone you can trust in a position of helping the server is a huge benefit for all recipients. 

Why should you be trusted to be a Game Master?: I have multiple years of experience staffing for multiple game servers such as garry's mod, arma 3 and many others so i know how to do my job and not abuse what abilitys and powers that I have been trusted with.

Are you familiar/experiences with ULX?: I have years of experience i was one of the first to build addons for ULX back in the day.

Are you experienced with being a Game Master and how they function?:

Gamemaster for an older server GGC 

Single Player Building

Helping gamemasters with building their events

Assisting in building training for battalions

Multiple years of DarkRP and CWRP Building

Give a brief example of an on-ship event, as well as an example of an off-ship event: 

ON SHIP =  Have a droid and its owner come crashing down into the ship from an escape pod. The person turns out to be an informant for the rebels. So we interogate them when all of a sudden the engineers or who ever at the escape pod find a signal that was broadcasting over rebel frequencys giving its position away. As its beeping we send a fake signal to the rebels saying ive been captured. a rescue team will come for him but to be intercepted by our tractor beam. We find coordinates to a jedi hideout that has multiple jedi holocrons full of knowledge from the rescue teams data base. We than suit up and get ready to head to the location 

OFF SHIP = We locate the planet, land and start setting up our mission. It turns into an intense battle for all. Every battalion has everything they can use tanks are out pilots everything. Lives are being lost. We locate the jedi and the rebels we start interrogating them all. Soon we get the holocrons only to be lead a miss as the knowledge was encrypted . So we go about trying to find an ancient librarian located on the planet to decrypt the holocrons for us and at which point were attacked by jedi lives are lost but we take ahold of one and interogate him on locations tanks fall thru and blow up all rebel out posts we celebrate and have drinks and food in the mess hall the end sorry lots of typing oof.

Do you know how to give a weapon/SWEP to yourself/someone? (Give an example): Right click on the said property in the spawn list and click spawn with tool gun pull out the tool gun and fire at there feet. 

Do you know how to model yourself/someone? (Give an example): Find the model on the spawn list right click said model, copy the path of it and enter the command and put the path to the model there.

Have you read the Gamemaster Guidelines?: yes

Thank you for reading my application and have a great day! Having something extra to do to keep the server interested and fun is all I want right now and I really appreciate the opportunity to bring some to the server has many GMT's have done before.

If it sounds off i have dyslexia sounds good to me tho

Edited by Magnous

• Scoot locked this topic