Don't let events that change map/involve tryout areas start during tryouts

Samm

What do you want to see? - A rule so that GM cannot start events that change maps/involve tryout rooms during tryouts

Why should we add it? - Let me tell you a story, I was active all day 2 days waiting for StarFighter tryouts, they finally happen and in the middle, I am forced into another map where I can't continue the tryouts and they have a risk of being canceled if majority doesn't show back up to tryouts after the event. Another person at those tryouts waited 2 weeks. Do you see the issue?

What are the advantages of having this? - So that we can actually join the battalions we want to join instead of being forced into an event during tryouts for a group we have wanted to join for an extended period of time.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

-support

GMs should take into consideration TOs that are going on, however, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do or the GMs were already in the beginning stages of an off ship event (ISB comes aboard to speak with Naval, rebel is captured and tortured and reveals info, etc.) when TOs start. Or there hasnt been an event for a long time and GMs gotta get off in a bit so it is then or never

And as for not using the rooms, just use other rooms if able. 31st can use turbos instead of engine room for  bombs, 501st/DT/Purge can use 2HB/moonpool/turbos instead of MHB

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

GMs are happy to accommodate most every tryout going on within reason.

• What you as a trainer can do to avoid this trap
    • If you know that your tryout is going to last more than an hour please schedule it at least 1 day in advance.
      • Let me or a Senior GM know about the date and time of the tryout via discord so that I can inform my GMs
        • My Discord: Divide#6112
    • Some events are announced ahead of time. It is your responsibility as a trainer to ensure that you do not overlap these times. 
      • Check the event announcement channel in the Imperial RP Discord for planned event times
      • Ask a GM/ staff to ask all GMs online if they are hosting any events soon using staff chat.
      • If a GM has their name changed to an event character like name ask the GM. These names include but are not limited to:
        • ISB
        • Comms
        • Rebel
        • Jedi
        • etc.

What GMs should do

*THESE STEPS DO NOT APPLY TO PRE PLANNED/ ANNOUNCED EVENTS*

• If the event is On Ship 
    • the GM running the event should come up to you and ask how much longer the tryout is going to last.
    • If it is more than 10 minutes left the GM should teleport you to the other side of the engine room where it is secluded and block off the fleet buttons

• If it is Off Ship
    • the GM running the event should come up to you and ask how much longer the tryout is going to last.
    • If it is over 15 minutes left in the tryout the GM will ask if you can postpone the tryout. 
      • You are not obligated to do so, however, it is in the best interest of the server to keep events going in order to grow our player base.
      • Try to start the event with an on-ship part to buy time
Edited by Divide

Gaminglights Original Rapper

1845706791_Divide-05(1).jpg.b76c64c6377ace44ec776155ae886529.jpg