Shmoopy's staff restriction appeal- Accepted

Shmoopy_boop

Steam Name: Yung patrick (Formerly [GL] Shmoopy_Boop]

Ingame Name: Shmoopy

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:112010885

Have you donated to the server? Yes, over $100 USD

Staff Restriction Length: Permanent to my knowledge

Staff Member that Staff Restricted you: Fame

Reason for Staff Restriction: Unknown (Will update if i learn of a reason)

Why do you think that your Staff Restriction should be removed? (longer the better): 

Where do I begin? Many of you may not remember me, but I can promise there are a few that do. For those who don't remember me, my name's Shmoopy. I was a former PoliceRP admin, Police SM, SRT head breacher/MSGT, event team member, support member and almost a forum diplomat. From Halloween 2018 to late summer 2019, gaminglight was my life. The server was my home, I played on it religiously with people I still consider brothers and sisters of mine to this day, even though they may not feel the same about me. It was never my choice to stop playing, as in early fall 2019 I was blacklisted from SRT, permanently banned from the forums, banned from teamspeak and staff restricted.

The reasoning of these punishments are still not entirely clear to me. The manager at the time, Fame (who is now blacklisted) strongly disliked me and had no problems vocalizing it, stating multiple times to my face that he hated my attitude and my opinions. He berated me many times and I took it simply because Gaminglight was a family to me the way no other community was, or ever will be. I still recall the day I got the email telling me I had been forums banned permanently without any chance of an appeal. My first, and closest friend on the server, who some of you may remember simply as "Steve the Russian" was fed up by the way he was being treated my SMT. Similar to myself, Fame voiced his negative opinions on Steve many times, and in a very unprofessional matter. After careful consideration, Steve, my staff mentor, my closest and first friend, basically my fucking brother, made a community resignation post. For hours earlier he had been venting about the situation in the SRT discord and I, being one of his closest friends, listened to him and to a degree, agree'd with him. (I'd like to note here that I never once dissed the community, I will admit however that I never told him to stop)  When I saw that community resignation post, a part of me left the community with him. I'm pretty sure the comment that I left on his post was what lead to my eviction from this community, though I'm not entirely sure. It goes as follows: “The statement “SMT has never punished someone for stating their opinion” is officially not true anymore. Goodbye Steve. I hope you can find a community that cares about you as much as you care about it." About an hour later, I received an email that I had been banned from the forums indefinitely by Fame. I was in school at the time, and when I got home the damage had already been done. I was stripped of every position in the community I still had. Fame had blacklisted me from SRT (Which has since been reversed since it was determined that I had no intent to harm SRT or the community) despite being head breacher and on track for low command in the coming weeks. Fame had also ordered the removal of all my server whitelists and my teamspeak tags, as well as permanently staff restricted me, despite me not even being a staff member at the time. I was ruined. I had worked for almost a year to become a well respected and known figure of the community and it had been ripped away from me in the blink of an eye.

I understand Staff Restrictions aren't given out easily, and that its a long shot but I figure that its worth a try to be allowed to staff again. I truly love this community. I never have and never will do anything to attempt to harm it. I was there when the mass staff blacklists happened, I performed my duties as a staff member and dealt with countless minges on alt accounts calling me every slur under the sun. I reported diligently to every single staff meeting and have been told by many that I was a great staff member. When some of my closest friends were blacklisted from the community, I did what I was told and turned my back on them. When I felt my staffing time was over after I was (I feel falsely, but your opinion may differ) demoted from Admin to Senior Moderator, I peacefully made a resignation post, shouted out those who were close to me and left it at that. Obviously, I was upset at this demotion and could've acted out and caused chaos before I left but I didn't. I had every opportunity to create problems for the community that I had felt wronged me but I didn't. Thats not who I am and that's never who I will be. 

To whomever holds the power to reduce, or remove this staff restriction, I sincerely hope you choose to do so. If you don't, I fully understand why. Thank you for reading

~ Shmoopy

Edited by Shmoopy_boop

+support
I think that this at least needs to be re-examined, as Shmoopy never did anything to harm the community.  The depth of the punishment he received for what he said is, IMHO, way beyond what I would deem needed.  I'm not sure what the proper course is to take here, but I feel that this needs to be looked into. Stripped all whitelists, blacklisting from his department, and blacklisting from staff for that sentence(and I was around to see it, that was all I ever saw said by Shmoopy) is extreme overkill.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ronin said:

+support
I think that this at least needs to be re-examined, as Shmoopy never did anything to harm the community.  The depth of the punishment he received for what he said is, IMHO, way beyond what I would deem needed.  I'm not sure what the proper course is to take here, but I feel that this needs to be looked into. Stripped all whitelists, blacklisting from his department, and blacklisting from staff for that sentence(and I was around to see it, that was all I ever saw said by Shmoopy) is extreme overkill.

• Thanks 1

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

17 minutes ago, springs.exe said:

+support

• Thanks 1

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

+Support

-I remember Shmoopy and don't think he would personally do anything to harm the community.

-I was not around when all this happened, but the way he describes it adds up.

-I got a pretty good glimpse of Fame's more ruthless side and I have to say reading this doesn't really surprise me.

-Shmoopy was a well-respected member of the staff team and deserves another chance ❤️

• Thanks 1

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

32 minutes ago, ViperKimg said:

+Support

-I remember Shmoopy and don't think he would personally do anything to harm the community.

-I got a pretty good glimpse of Fame's more ruthless side and I have to say reading this doesn't really surprise me.

-Shmoopy was a well-respected member of the staff team and deserves another chance ❤️

21 hours ago, Ronin said:

+support

• Thanks 1

Imperial RP GM Admin

31st Commander

• Head Admin
21 hours ago, Ronin said:

+support

40 minutes ago, ViperKimg said:

+Support

+Support

Based off of what you said and what others have said, I feel you deserve a chance to have this punishment removed or at the very least have someone in SMT review this case.

Edited by Will (WTLM2013)
  • Thanks 1

Forklift_Signature.png

22 hours ago, Ronin said:

+support

• Thanks 1

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

THIS MAN HAS GIVEN SO MUCH UP FOR THIS COMMUNITY AND HIS BLACKLIST WAS UNCALLED FOR AND PREMATURE. HE DESERVES 100% AN EXTRA CHANCE OF BEING A STAFF MEMBER . HE DID NOT DO ONE THING TO HURT THIS COMMUNITY AND HE ONLY LOVES IT. GIVE THIS MAN HIS CHANCE AGAIN! SHMOOOOOOPPYYYYY.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ViperKimg said:

+Support

• Thanks 1

Retired PD Major | Long Time GL Member

5 hours ago, Tonto said:

+Support

-Shmoopy was a well-respected member of the staff team and deserves another chance 

• Thanks 1

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, Willy said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

THIS MAN HAS GIVEN SO MUCH UP FOR THIS COMMUNITY AND HIS BLACKLIST WAS UNCALLED FOR AND PREMATURE. HE DESERVES 100% AN EXTRA CHANCE OF BEING A STAFF MEMBER . HE DID NOT DO ONE THING TO HURT THIS COMMUNITY AND HE ONLY LOVES IT. GIVE THIS MAN HIS CHANCE AGAIN! SHMOOOOOOPPYYYYY.

Bro I never got to meet you. Shoompy I remember seeing you on all day. I’m very confuesed how you got permanently banned by fame on all sites. There has recently been a lot of false ban and staff restrictions from fame which really annoys me and most of them were accepted

On 1/22/2020 at 2:29 PM, Ronin said:

+support

On 1/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

+Support

Based off of what you said and what others have said, I feel you deserve a chance to have this punishment removed or at the very least have someone in SMT review this case.

• Thanks 1

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison