The Staffing Situation Needs To Change On Gaminglight

Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff

Hello,

If you are the owner or one of the owners of Gaminglight, this is for you. Otherwise, you are most likely part of the problem, and your replies to this may not be read.

I have had multiple instances in the past where the staff has treated my friends and I unfairly. There are also instances of double standards, which are used all the time by staff and higher ranks. 

This is in the staff reports section because the issue I recently had addresses TheJayden and Jay. However, I have experienced this type of treatment from a lot of staff, not saying all staff. There are admins that are fair and just, and they are VERY hard to come by. This post addresses not only TheJayden and Jay, but most of the staff members of the entire Gaminglight Network. 

Preface: Yes, I know I have been in the wrong in the past, and am not the greatest RPer. I am NOT saying I have done nothing wrong, which I know I would be harassed for if I left this part out. I admit to wrongdoing, but I believe that admins have done wrong, and are not held accountable for it. This post was made to possibly help Gaminglight as a whole become more fair, and probably more enjoyable, for the masses.

So the incident went a little like this:
My friend and I were roleplaying as a mom and a dad. We were trying to be funny by telling people they were grounded in OOC for the dumbest things. Some people went along with this. Also, there were only 16 people online at the time of the event, which wouldn't cause major issues. My friend and I were both previously warned for RDM and ARDM after a mixup with the rules. (We both knew a guy who was being shot at and we shot back, but the guy didn't have the same last name as us.) The guy who called an admin on us was Blep/Rocco Rex (two aliases of the same person.) This name will be important later, which is why I'm mentioning it now. I'll admit, I was a little mad that I was dragged into an admin sit for a mistake. I also noticed that Blep/Rocco Rex had a furry in their profile picture. I made the unwise decision to say in OOC "Man I hate furries," to try and annoy him. I don't feel this way about furries, I'm neutral to them. I was then politely asked by TheJayden to stop with the furry disses, which I complied with. It was then that I told TheJayden to "watch your mouth," "you will be grounded," and "I know you've been using the JUUL," to try and lighten the mood a bit. My name at the time was Gay Dad, so I was roleplaying as a dad. Blep/Rocco Rex then told me in OOC that I would be banned if I kept it up, which seems a bit like impersonation of staff. I also know that this individual used to be a staff member of the server, but has since stepped down to become an admin on another server. I then told him that he wasn't an admin and that he couldn't dictate whether or not I was banned. I then told him to stop acting like an admin because he was not one anymore. At this point, I started ignoring him and moved onto other conversations. After a bit of joking around with the whole "you're grounded thing" to people (who weren't bothered by my RPing), I was told that it was not RP and that I was to stop. I then explained that OOC was a little like a text message from a dad to a kid. TheJayden didn't seem to have any more problems with this. It was then that my friend (who had not been talking in OOC, and was named Gay Dad) and I were brought into an admin sit. (My friend is actually gay, so he didn't see a problem with our names.) TheJayden put us both in jail and told us to change our names, with which we complied. Then, Blep/Rocco Rex, who wasn't even involved with the situation, was brought into the sit, for apparently no reason. After we tried explaining that my friend was actually gay and that this shouldn't have been turned into a sit, we were both gagged and were only able to type. We asked to be ungagged, and my friend was the one who received the ungag. Rocco/Blep then tried to say that we were minging, and that we had been in multiple sits throughout the night. We had only been on for about 20 minutes, so we must have been doing something super bad to have been involved with multiple sits. That was a complete lie. Because Rocco was playing the minge card, even though we were actually roleplaying and enjoying our time, I said "So is having fun considered minging now?" He then replied with a bunch of gobbledygook and tried to get the admin (who was his friend) on his side. Jay had been in the situation for some time and was also dealing with another sit, which Rocco was trying to take for Jay. Rocco seemed to be making all of the decisions, but he wasn't an admin! I then made a comment about favoritism and double standards. Rocco ignored some of what I said but then made the comment "I'm not necessarily friends with [TheJayden], remember that one time I arrested [TheJayden] like twenty times in one night?" Some more conversation happened, I was being a little disrespectful in OOC, but rightfully so. My friend was not being disrespectful at all and was trying to reason with the admins normally. We both then asked the admins to please remove Rocco from the sit, as he wasn't even involved with the situation in the slightest. Rocco then said, "He's the admin, he can do what he wants." The admin followed it up with, "Yeah, he won't be leaving the sit." I then said in OOC, "Are you kidding me? If I was in a sit area that I wasn't involved in, I would be banned/warned on the spot! There is clear favoritism and double standards for friends of the admins." I then followed it up with, "Aren't the admins supposed to treat EVERYONE fairly, no matter if they are friends or randoms?" Rocco then told the admin to mute us to keep us from speaking the truth any farther. The admin followed his command, almost as if Rocco was calling all of the shots (which he basically was.) Rocco then told the admins what to ban us for a bunch of stuff (some of which wasn't true), which by the way, he mixed up the bans between us. I was given a ban for RDM, which I never committed. The ban was only for an hour, which I could care less to dispute. What I am trying to say here is that there is clear favoritism between the admins, and there are many double standards (at least on PoliceRP.) 

The cops abuse double standards more than the admins do. I was in a sit with an admin and a cop for being wrongly arrested for complicated reasons. I was then told by the admin that I had to make a specific advert when I had to fix my car to show that I was not breaking the law. (Leaving a lot out due to it being complicated.) I was then arrested about 20 minutes later as well as being jailed for the very reason I was before, except this time I had made the advert which I was told would stop me from being arrested and jailed. I explained this to the officer, and he told me that he didn't care what the admins said and that I was being jailed regardless. I called an admin, which didn't claim the sit until about 20 minutes after I was out of jail. I explained it to him, but could not remember the name of the admin who had told me it. He then said, "You'll have to move this to the forums if you want anything done. I can't help you if the admin isn't on/you can't remember his name." The cop was able to get out of it due to the admin logging off. So we have to follow the admins but the cops don't? Also, I have seen MANY cops driving worse than I do, and have been rammed by several. I call an admin about it, but the cop miraculously gets out of trouble every time. I have enjoyed my time on this server, but am starting to feel anxious about even playing on it. I have seen this same type of favoritism/double standard on various Gaminglight servers. Something needs to change, and I'm not really sure what. I'm not saying to fire anybody, but something needs to change with the system to prevent these kinds of situations. 

I know this was a lot, but this is very important to me and many others I have talked to. 

Thank you for reading, if you would like to PEACFULLY discuss this in the comments, that would be great. I have made a staff report/unban appeal in the past, to which I was harassed by 10+ staff members. It got to the point where the head of staff locked the chat to stop all of it. I really don't want that to happen again. 

Thank you,

Duff

P.S. No, I don't have any evidence of this recent situation, I really don't even care if Jay and TheJayden get in trouble or not for this. I want to make a point, and also bring this to the attention of the higher-ups. To the higher-ups, I would keep a close eye on your servers and staff, as many of these situations could clearly be stopped/discovered if monitoring was in place.

EDIT: This was removed from staff reports so I'm moving it here 😛

Hello Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff,

While reading your complaint, this is not a report... you're kinda just staying how bad the staff work ethics are. If you read the handbook, Staff do have finale say in situations weather if they're bias or not. If they're "Bias" You must have any evidence that could help you in your situation and then report the staff member. Complaining and saying "Higher-ups should start watching their staff more", is not going to get you anywhere... Staff that are chosen into the staff team have been granted the permission to make their own decisions in sits and their job is take care of the server and watch out for any rule breaks. No one is going to sit here and read all that, all you're saying is what happened in roleplay and what the staff have been doing.

Putting this complaint in the general section will just bring people to argue and this will cause issues. I suggest you make a staff report on the staff member, with some valid evidence. That's all you have to do, you're pretty much calling out the staff members that are in fault. Staff don't want to be disrespected or known for being bias, useless etc... All we're trying to do is help you and the situations that have been caused, if you don't like the response or the action that the staff member gave you, then you must make a staff report.

• Thanks 1

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

1 minute ago, Munchies said:

Hello Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff,

While reading your complaint, this is not a report... you're kinda just staying how bad the staff work ethics are. If you read the handbook, Staff do have finale say in situations weather if they're bias or not. If they're "Bias" You must have any evidence that could help you in your situation and then report the staff member. Complaining and saying "Higher-ups should start watching their staff more", is not going to get you anywhere... Staff that are chosen into the staff team have been granted the permission to make their own decisions in sits and their job is take care of the server and watch out for any rule breaks. No one is going to sit here and read all that, all you're saying is what happened in roleplay and what the staff have been doing.

Putting this complaint in the general section will just bring people to argue and this will cause issues. I suggest you make a staff report on the staff member, with some valid evidence. That's all you have to do, you're pretty much calling out the staff members that are in fault. Staff don't want to be disrespected or known for being bias, useless etc... All we're trying to do is help you and the situations that have been caused, if you don't like the response or the action that the staff member gave you, then you must make a staff report.

Thank you for taking the time to read it and for making a valid reply. I understand that it wasn't much of a report, and I have no evidence besides the chat logs, which only the staff have access to. I was not recording at the time, and am not trying to defend my side on that situation. I simply wanted to bring this kind of behavior to the attention of others and get their opinions.

• Head Admin

Hi there,

If you feel that a staff member has done something wrong (such as abuse of power, mishandled a sit, or broken a rule in the PoliceRP MOTDStaff handbook), please reach out to a member of either the junior or senior management teams or consider making a staff report under the Administrative section of the forums.

Thanks,

• Thanks 1

Forklift_Signature.png

Im not reading an essay, but from reading 

6 hours ago, Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff said:

have had multiple instances in the past where the staff has treated my friends and I unfairly. There are also instances of double standards, which are used all the time by staff and higher ranks. 

You need to make a staff report on it WITH Evidence

• Thanks 1

hotshot manager.png

Like stated by mutiple respones above.

Yes its fine to bring it to our attention but in the proper way. By making a staff report the people in subject can be talked to and punished if needed about the issues.

This way your not calling out the whole of the Gaminglight staff team but the people its actualy directed to.

• Thanks 1

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

Disclaimer: I am on my phone and this message may have a few autocorrect goofs, please be patient, I will fox it when I get back to my computer. 

"I told TheJayden to "watch your mouth," "you will be grounded," and "I know you've been using the JUUL," to try and lighten the mood a bit." That is the wrong response at the point in time, how you said it will usually be taken the wrong way with almost all staff members. Look at it from our point of view. 

"Should Rocco Rex Say 'that I would be banned if I kept it up'" no he should not say that. He is not staff on PoliceRP any more and should not threaten in that way. If this actually happened, no evidence.

"Should Rocco Rex 'be making the decisions!'" He should not be doing this to. However I still don't know if this is totally correct, there is always 2 sides of the story. 

"What I am trying to say here is that there is clear favoritism between the admins, and there are many double standards (at least on PoliceRP.)" I personally disagree, yes does EVERY server, let alone, does every company in the world has a few bad apples, YES. How do we (as a community) solve this? Reports! We have a ton of report systems for a reason, please use them! 

Response to 1st story: almost all my responses to the 1st quotes are evidence or there is always 2 sides. The reason why I say this is because everyone is innocent unless proven guilty. Not the other way. I personally can't do anything unless evidence is presented because anyone could lie. The best to do if this happened, is to make a report!

"Also, I have seen MANY cops driving worse than I do, and have been rammed by several. " its gmod, driving won't be good at any point. Also a lot of people don't have good computers, even though it does not really help. Also driving bad is not a rule, it's when crims cop bait and etc. 

Response to story 2: the driving part is not necessary as its gmod and driving is always bad. The first part with jailed reasons, and not really explaining the whole story, is weird. Plus report centers in the PD discord for a reason. Also no advert rule about resetting a car, you do that at your own risk. I believe the admin was confused about that (b/c ppl started to do it) and I should've cleared it up in a meeting. 

Staff report: Yes that was kinda a weird situation. I apologize for that, and talked about professionalism in a meeting. 

"To the higher-ups, I would keep a close eye on your servers and staff, as many of these situations could clearly be stopped/discovered if monitoring was in place." Sadly I am personally really busy and don't have all the time to spectate staff. I have tried to in the past but with my time as HoS, I have only spectated 3 staff before I get pulled off to fix something else. 

Remember this is all if what you said is exactly correct and there is always 2 sides to the story. No action will be taken because no evidence. Am I saying the staff members like Rocco rex and TheJayden are guilty, no. They are innocent until proven guilty, which nothing is pointing to that at this point. Just remember, there are a few bad apples everywhere in the world. And bad apples will always happen. There could also be a few details you left out with out even knowing that could explain actions. This whole post is just an accusation, not saying your lying, but nothing to solidly prove they did such actions. In the future and I hope you decide continue playing, please have a recording program and record this. This is the only way to make sure action will be taken against this staff members.

Hope you see where I am coming from.

Kind regards,

Matthew 

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

3 hours ago, General Hotshot said:

^^^^ I couldn’t be asked to read that whole thing, but I think this is the most important thing to take from this at the end of the day  ^^^^^

Edited by Jayden
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

I think Matthew said it perfectly, 

What you have to understand is staff members are human. And humans a faulty by design not every staff member at every point in time is going to be perfect. That's a reason why we have the report system so a staff member can see what they've done wrong and be guided on how to fix their issue(s). There are actual guidelines in the staff handbook that try and avoid staff members dealing with a sit that involves friends "Do not deal with your friends sits or an issue that you were involved or witnessed off duty. Any staff caught doing this will receive a strike or Removal from staff." It seems you have had a few bad experiences with some staff on the server however what you need to understand is not every staff member acts the way you are stating. I hope you continue to play on the server and stay with the community 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, General Hotshot said:

I put father down in the post that I have no evidence and at this point don't care to show any. I was only trying to make a point with this post, and show my frustration. As you can see by how much I've typed, I've become pretty frustrated over this. 

3 hours ago, Freeze said:

Like stated by mutiple respones above.

Yes its fine to bring it to our attention but in the proper way. By making a staff report the people in subject can be talked to and punished if needed about the issues.

This way your not calling out the whole of the Gaminglight staff team but the people its actualy directed to.

I get what you're saying, and this post was originally going to be a staff report. However, due to my lack of evidence and formatting, it was deleted almost immediately after being posted. (If I even posted it in the right place lmao) I added some more to make a discussion post as I have had bad experiences in the past. I wanted to call attention to the issue as a whole, which I had to due to the lack of evidence for the most recent incident. I NEED to start recording gameplay more often lol. Thank you for your reply.

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

Disclaimer: I am on my phone and this message may have a few autocorrect goofs, please be patient, I will fox it when I get back to my computer. 

"I told TheJayden to "watch your mouth," "you will be grounded," and "I know you've been using the JUUL," to try and lighten the mood a bit." That is the wrong response at the point in time, how you said it will usually be taken the wrong way with almost all staff members. Look at it from our point of view. 

"Should Rocco Rex Say 'that I would be banned if I kept it up'" no he should not say that. He is not staff on PoliceRP any more and should not threaten in that way. If this actually happened, no evidence.

"Should Rocco Rex 'be making the decisions!'" He should not be doing this to. However I still don't know if this is totally correct, there is always 2 sides of the story. 

"What I am trying to say here is that there is clear favoritism between the admins, and there are many double standards (at least on PoliceRP.)" I personally disagree, yes does EVERY server, let alone, does every company in the world has a few bad apples, YES. How do we (as a community) solve this? Reports! We have a ton of report systems for a reason, please use them! 

Response to 1st story: almost all my responses to the 1st quotes are evidence or there is always 2 sides. The reason why I say this is because everyone is innocent unless proven guilty. Not the other way. I personally can't do anything unless evidence is presented because anyone could lie. The best to do if this happened, is to make a report!

"Also, I have seen MANY cops driving worse than I do, and have been rammed by several. " its gmod, driving won't be good at any point. Also a lot of people don't have good computers, even though it does not really help. Also driving bad is not a rule, it's when crims cop bait and etc. 

Response to story 2: the driving part is not necessary as its gmod and driving is always bad. The first part with jailed reasons, and not really explaining the whole story, is weird. Plus report centers in the PD discord for a reason. Also no advert rule about resetting a car, you do that at your own risk. I believe the admin was confused about that (b/c ppl started to do it) and I should've cleared it up in a meeting. 

Staff report: Yes that was kinda a weird situation. I apologize for that, and talked about professionalism in a meeting. 

"To the higher-ups, I would keep a close eye on your servers and staff, as many of these situations could clearly be stopped/discovered if monitoring was in place." Sadly I am personally really busy and don't have all the time to spectate staff. I have tried to in the past but with my time as HoS, I have only spectated 3 staff before I get pulled off to fix something else. 

Remember this is all if what you said is exactly correct and there is always 2 sides to the story. No action will be taken because no evidence. Am I saying the staff members like Rocco rex and TheJayden are guilty, no. They are innocent until proven guilty, which nothing is pointing to that at this point. Just remember, there are a few bad apples everywhere in the world. And bad apples will always happen. There could also be a few details you left out with out even knowing that could explain actions. This whole post is just an accusation, not saying your lying, but nothing to solidly prove they did such actions. In the future and I hope you decide continue playing, please have a recording program and record this. This is the only way to make sure action will be taken against this staff members.

Hope you see where I am coming from.

Kind regards,

Matthew 

Thank you for reading, and thank you for being thoughtful in your reply. Yes, there are 2 sides to the story. I believe that Rocco Rex/Blep was mad, and rightfully so (partially.) At this point, I could care less if a punishment is given to anybody. The point of this post was to show my frustration and get other people's opinions on the situation (if they wanted to sit and read for an hour.) Also, by the responses I have received thus far, I do believe that the staff team has become more professional as a whole, and I applaud you all for that. Also, I know some staff members that do great at their jobs, and some that don't. I know there are always going to be people out there who may not like me for whatever reason or people who may just be having a bad day, but I felt that I had dealt with that a little too much on the server. Not only from staff, but from police. Also, I didn't want to explain the other story due to how much longer my essay would have gotten lol. Also, I want to show something else from my point of view. As I mentioned, not everything I did was right, and I had been disrespectful to players and staff at times. If I would have recorded any of it, I believe it would have got me nowhere as many people would point out that I said this or did that, and may overlook what the staff member did due solely to my actions. I would really like to try and avoid situations like this in the future, as it isn't fun for any party. I will try my best to do what I do right, so I won't have people mad at me. Thank you for your reply. Have a nice day!

34 minutes ago, Lil Yachty said:

I think Matthew said it perfectly, 

What you have to understand is staff members are human. And humans a faulty by design not every staff member at every point in time is going to be perfect. That's a reason why we have the report system so a staff member can see what they've done wrong and be guided on how to fix their issue(s). There are actual guidelines in the staff handbook that try and avoid staff members dealing with a sit that involves friends "Do not deal with your friends sits or an issue that you were involved or witnessed off duty. Any staff caught doing this will receive a strike or Removal from staff." It seems you have had a few bad experiences with some staff on the server however what you need to understand is not every staff member acts the way you are stating. I hope you continue to play on the server and stay with the community 

Thanks for the reply, and I fully understand. I do realize that not everyone is like this, but most of the situations I have gotten mixed up in have involved someone like that, staff or not. I do still believe that Rocco Rex/Blep shouldn't have been in the sit, but it doesn't matter at this point. I'm unbanned and don't care too much about it any more, but if it happens again, I will 100% have evidence. So I really hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks again.

Edited by Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff

I have also had experiences with staff members being completely biased and holding double-standards in the past. I have no video evidence of this so there’s nothing anyone can do 👌. Start recording. 

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

1 hour ago, Zeeptin said:

I stopped reading at, "My friend and I were roleplaying as a mom and a dad."

LOL

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, Zeeptin said:

I stopped reading at, "My friend and I were roleplaying as a mom and a dad."

thats a XD moment 

but simple 

Dont like it then you can always leave instead of making a 50 page essay that im to lazy to read 

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

1 hour ago, Pooders said:

thats a XD moment 

but simple 

Dont like it then you can always leave instead of making a 50 page essay that im to lazy to read 

Here's what I have to say to this: If you're too lazy to take the time to read valid criticism, then you should not be commenting on the post. As a player, I signed up to have fun, enjoy my time, RP, and be treated fairly. Yes, I may not do everything correctly and get in trouble from time to time, but that's what I signed up for. You, however, are a moderator. You signed up for a lot more than just that. You signed up to possibly deal with people you may not like/may not like you, deal with criticism, deal with people who are complete minges and have 0 respect, and much more. I am not one of those minges, but by telling me "you can always leave" I seem to be treated as though I am one. If you don't like dealing with what you signed up for, you can always just leave.

Edited by Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff

16 hours ago, Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff said:

As a player, I signed up to have fun, enjoy my time, RP, and be treated fairly.

1 you are not staff so there is no signing 2 if you dont like it simply find a new community 

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Just now, Pooders said:

cant tell if thats sarcasm or not but thats how i generally feel 

I think you misunderstood what he was trying to say and the attitude you have on this post is not really appropriate.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

2 minutes ago, th3 said:

I think you misunderstood what he was trying to say and the attitude you have on this post is not really appropriate.

well if i did i do apologize 

22 hours ago, Pooders said:

1 you are not staff so there is no signing 2 if you dont like it simply find a new community 

Th3 is right, your attitude towards this is completely inappropriate. Yes, I know I'm not staff, and if you couldn't get what I was trying to say, I'll explain it a bit more. You don't literally "sign up" for that stuff. What I meant by that is you agree/expect to deal with it when you take the job. Same thing goes for what I said about what I signed up for. It seems as you aren't handling this correctly, I have been respectful the entire time and for a staff member to come in, without reading the post, telling me to just leave if I don't like it seems a little rude. That doesn't seem like something a good staff member would say. I will be talking to the higher-ups if this kind of behavior continues. I'm surprised you haven't got in trouble for telling me that I "can always leave" yet. A retired head of staff replied, and if he would have been staff you would have been yelled at, guaranteed. You're a member of staff, you're held to a higher standard than normal players on the server. However, it seems that you don't understand that yet.