Emoonk's ROAA Application

Emoonk

Lore Name: Emoonk

Brief Description of Character: A non-specialized Researcher open to testing on all types of SCPs, big or small. From testing on SCP-999 to leading a cross-test between 076-2, 914, and 682, Emoonk will push the limits to learn more and carry on the message of Research. He does not fall to quantity > quality, however. Out of the 14 published logs, he has only received 1 grade that was not quality. Having a solid performance in his time of researching and now assisting the Research Managers, plus looking over the lower-ranked Researchers carry out their tasks; Emoonk has given it his all since day 1 and does not plan on stopping.

Are you a member of, or currently applying for Command?: I am a Research Assistant Manager.

An entity has been reported to have manifested on the surface and is observed to be in a state of dormancy. After the area had been secured by local MTF, you are called up by Administration and have been told to bring two personnel of any kind with you, along with any equipment you need that is within your clearance. How will you prepare your trip to the surface? (100 Words): When I first receive the call, I would call on a Junior Researcher and a Lead Researcher to join me. This contrast of experience would allow the Lead Researcher the ability to act as a supervisor of the Junior Researcher while I handle the entity, and the Junior Researcher would get to learn a lot about Research through field experience. After assembling the two personnel, I would make sure to have tools to document the entity. This can either be a camera or if this entity is non-recordable, a pen and paper would do to write down rough notes. Seeing as how we do not know what this entity may or may not do, I would bring a fire extinguisher in case it has flammable properties. I would have a gun on me as I would usually do. That would be anything extra other than my regular, day-to-day kit.

You make your way up to the surface, and there stood the entity. It turns to you and begins to speak with you. After assurance by MTF that verbal contact will not result in aggravation, you begin to ask it questions. What are those questions? (50 Words): Seeing as this entity has the ability to speak English, I would ask questions assuming it has a basic IQ. I would ask simple questions such as, "Who are you?" "What are you made of?" "Why, or how did you get here?". These questions would give us the ability to check our databases to see if we have had past interactions with said entity. If this SCP has not been documented, I would ask more analytical questions trying to immediately learn more about this entity, as I would later write a file on the entity. 

Not long after, the entity begins to grow increasingly agitated for reasons you may have possibly discovered during your investigation. In a fit of rage, the entity begins to cut down nearby MTF, leaving only you and the two personnel you have brought, in the midst of the carnage. How will you handle the calamity? Do you try to reason with it? Or do you turn a tail and retreat? (100 Words): Seeing as it was strong enough to cut down the MTF guarding it, and conversing with it was the reason it got agitated; I would retreat, prioritizing the safety of the two personnel that I brought along. It's only fair, as I was expected to come and they were chosen to go. In an event where the entity is catching up, I would do my best to stall time before it catches up to us. If the situation calls for it, I would encase the data collected to the two personnel, as I would hope this incident could be documented for the better future of Research.

Edited by Emoonk