SCP 131 Morse Code Screening Test

Lore Name: Clifford

SCP: 131B

Question / Idea: Does 131 Respond to Morse Code Screenings?

Background Research: 

SCP-131-A and SCP-131-B (affectionately nicknamed the "Eye Pods" by personnel) are a pair of teardrop-shaped creatures roughly 30 cm (1 ft) in height, with a single blue eye in the middle of their bodies. SCP-131-A is burnt orange in color while SCP-131-B is mustard yellow. At the base of each creature is a wheel-like protrusion which allows for locomotion, suggesting that the creatures may be biomechanical in origin. The subjects can move surprisingly fast, covering over 60 m (200 ft) in a matter of seconds. The subjects, however, lack a braking system, which has led to some rather spectacular, if not overly amusing, mishaps involving the creatures. The subjects have also shown the ability to climb sheer surfaces, and have gotten lost in the air vents on more than one occasion.

The subjects seem to have the intelligence of common house cats and are insatiably curious. Most of the time they simply roll around the facility, observing personnel at work and catching peeks at other Safe class SCPs. The subjects seem to be able to communicate with each other via an untranslatable high-pitched babbling. The subjects have never been observed to blink, even in laboratories when the subjects have been videotaped for over 18 consecutive hours.

The subjects seem to respond well to any affection given to them and will quickly bond to the giver of said affection, much in the same way a puppy bonds with a human being. They will follow anyone or anything they've made a bond with anywhere, even into normally restricted areas. Although curious, the subjects can sense danger in their general vicinity, and if the object of their bond begins to approach something they register as dangerous (e.g., Euclid or Keter class objects) they will swarm around their bonded companion's feet (or appropriate extremities) while babbling in a panicked tone, as if to warn them. Because of the daily dangers faced by Site-19 staff in dealing with Euclid and Keter class objects, it is recommended that staff avoid making attempts to bond with the subjects, as it can pose a distraction during delicate operations and experiments and may pose a danger to the subjects themselves (see Addendum 131-1). If the subjects are ignored by their bonded target long enough, they will eventually lose interest and return to their normal activities.

It should be noted that the subjects require no real care or maintenance from the site staff. They do not eat, leave droppings, or even sleep. It would seem that the only sustenance they require is visual stimulation (although this requires further study to verify).

Hypothesis: 131 will respond to Morse Code screenings because before in a test done by someone else it was proven that 131 can blink certain letters in morse code, suggesting it understands it

Observations (What Happened During Test): I set up a chair and table for 131 and set up a tv to screen morse code. The following happened 

dead horse=noodles

DOC=horse people

Chaos Insurgency= safety

containment= containment 

d class = d class

clifford= you

scp 131= they call me 131 i’m not 131 i have a name me and my sister

scp 999= they favor him more he must die

SCP 527= he’s my friend he keeps me company he’s the fish man

SCP 682= IDK it scares me what was that this feeling

SCP 939= alpha x3

candy= idk what that is

eyeball= my people my family what i live off of the EYE

Dr Bright= dr bright he will free us all he will be the king of our kingdom,paradise

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): 131 Understands some morse code but not all, but the results suggest the creature is sentient and can formulate sentences quite well. It seems to want to escape the facility with Dr Bright so keep an eye on it.

Was Your Hypothesis Correct? Partially. Further testing will have to be done to figure out which letters 131 understands

Creator Of The Clifford Test

Grade: 87%

Lore: 18/20

Lore seems to play major part with in this test and I think that you have done a good job of including it through your test log

Creativity: 16/20

I have seen this test before but the concept is a rare one so I congratulate you.

Presentation: 18/20
I like how you have changed the format to fit your testing and I would like you to continue to do so in the future. I would recommend adding pictures or even writing test logs on google docs.

Writing: 35/40 Test

I can not see any grammar or spelling errors and I enjoyed reading this test log.

Test Quality: Quality

Former Research Administrator/OR1 Dr. Watkin