Map Change Suggestion V5 - Denied

Polar

2 hours ago, bdogz1 said:

3. I feel that having HCZ being the zone furthest from EZ is a bad choice, because that means it would take more time for MTF to get there to recontain any escaped SCPs. In addition, CI raids would be absolutely screwed over. Think about it, CI would have to go through EZ and LCZ just even get to HCZ, then grab whatever SCPs they want, go all the way back through the facility. While this in itself doesn't sound all that bad, keep in mind that CI would be fighting off MTF and any patrolling Gensec THIS ENTIRE TIME! For a successful raid to take place, either MTF and Gensec would have to be completely and utterly brain dead and miss every single one of their shots while standing completely still, or CI would have to have something like 30 or more players just to get to HCZ in the first place, let alone make it all the way back!

Being the CI COL I actually believe this would make our raids a lot more unique and make our NCOs and command members plan a ton more before they raid overall improving CI's rp experiences

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

3 hours ago, bdogz1 said:

The fog on surface is annoying, making it so I can't see more than 20 feet in front of me would get annoying extremely fast. Though this is just me and this could probably be changed. 

fog_override 1

fog_enable 0

fog_enableskybox 0

if you run commands in this order it's possible to remove map fog however I don't believe this is a permanent solution and also affect the forest monster

United States Reserve General / Retired 1944 US GOA 

Rho 36 CO Occult Operative/ MTF Epsilon Eleven Commander Danny

9 hours ago, bdogz1 said:

Let me list off the issues I have with this map after taking a good look at everything it has to offer.

Firstly, issues that could be fixed by staff but would require a fair amount of time and effort:

1. The map ambiance leads me to believe that this is a breach style map, which is obliviously not what we are. I know this can be turned off by using stopsound in the console, but to my understanding there is no way for the server to do this, which means that each individual person would have to type stopsound into their console when they load in.

2. Were we to switch to this map, it would require probably a weeks worth of work from the staff team to get decals, keypads, spawns, and other such stuff before the server could even be opened, which would be detrimental to the server as a whole because that is a weeks worth of new players completely lost.

3. The fog on surface is annoying, making it so I can't see more than 20 feet in front of me would get annoying extremely fast. Though this is just me and this could probably be changed. 

4. I feel like the vents can be easily abused, and would require a constant guard force in order for CI to not use them.

Finally, issues that I belie can not be fixed or are inherit within the map itself.

1. D-Block would be a complete disaster, It would be almost physically impossible for D-Class to gain enough people to overpower Gensec. I know you had mentioned that D-Class could do some RP to like take over the cafeteria or something, but the fact of the matter is that the only pseudo rp that D-Class do is because of an event where they get to kill something. 99% of the time, D-Class do not do a lot in terms of rp to begin with, much less to the degree of taking over a cafeteria and rping tool use.

2. The map is by far way to big. For this map to work for us, we would need our lowest player count to be around 50-60, which is highly unlikely, at least right now.

3. I feel that having HCZ being the zone furthest from EZ is a bad choice, because that means it would take more time for MTF to get there to recontain any escaped SCPs. In addition, CI raids would be absolutely screwed over. Think about it, CI would have to go through EZ and LCZ just even get to HCZ, then grab whatever SCPs they want, go all the way back through the facility. While this in itself doesn't sound all that bad, keep in mind that CI would be fighting off MTF and any patrolling Gensec THIS ENTIRE TIME! For a successful raid to take place, either MTF and Gensec would have to be completely and utterly brain dead and miss every single one of their shots while standing completely still, or CI would have to have something like 30 or more players just to get to HCZ in the first place, let alone make it all the way back!

4. Any D-Class breaches would take years to quell, since the map is so large that you would have to scour something akin to the size of a small state to find everyone.

5. Having a lot of SCPs does not mean that all of those SCPs will get used. SCPs based more on roleplay or those that are weaker in combat will get used less than those who's singular purpose is to kill as many people as possible.

In Conclusion

I have to give this suggestion a big -support because of the reasons listed above. However, do not mistake this as a -support for changing the map. I am fully behind the idea of changing the map, but I just don't feel like this is the one we should change it too. The changes that the server would go through, in my opinion, would bring more detriment to the server than we would gain in benefits.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Pretty neat side-bonus, if we ever added a 096 NPC for like an event or something, the 096 works in this map, it can force open doors and find you in any location.

Also, I've compiled a list of all the SCPs the map has pre-made CC's to, as well as a brief description:
008 - Zombie Virus
012 - Music Death Note
035 - Mask Guy
049 - Plague Doctor
076-1 - Able
079 - Old Computer
087 - Infinite Staircase
106 - Larry the Old Man
173 - [REDACTED]
457 - Fire Man
682 - Hard to Kill Lizard
860-1 - Forest Cat
939 - Blind Dogs
914 - Machine that turns stuff into other stuff
966 - Invisible Bois
1162 - Hole in the Wall
6 SAFE Class Containment Stands - For Jade Ring, 3D Goggles, Anomalous Duck, etc.
8 Temp CC's for when Containment Cleaners are cleaning CC's.

Cool thing about this map is every CC works. They all have different versions to their Containments so its not all just Big Door, Small Door.
For example, 860, has a door that takes you to its Forest, its part of the map which is super cool.
939 has a bridge above a large room, so 939-1/2 can be together and can be fed in the same room. 
096 has an elevator that goes down in a room with two large blast doors. 
457 has a working sprinkler system instead of our gas room.
012 even has its own CC, which is just the standard box with a pulley.

The CC's of the SCPs, plus the amount of pre-made SCPs we could add as playable, like 860 is really doing it for me. This map has some issues but I mean, so does ours, so I'd like to play test this map before we make it the official map.

Edited by Gunther
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Alright, I've been holding off on responding to this for the longest time because it is SUCH A DIVISIVE TOPIC IN MY HEAD. There are so many pro's to changing the map to this, and so many cons. However in this case I truly believe the cons outweigh the pro's. I'm not gonna go ahead and give you a whole list for the pro's and cons, but the biggest con in my head is D-block. D-block would be absolutely hell to keep contained. Our current D-block system would have to completely removed, and that's something I don't think is worth the risk. Usually, over 50% of the server population is in D-block its-self (Security and D-class) and if we screw up the flow of that, it could be detrimental to the server population and health in a whole.

Now don't get me wrong, the map its-self if super heckin' cool. In fact, I would say it's overall a better map. However, the D-block is completely changed and would be impossible for GENSEC to hold without making it impossible for the D-class to breach. So, with a heavy heart, I have to give this a -support.

• Sad 1

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

1 hour ago, Hoovy said:

Alright, I've been holding off on responding to this for the longest time because it is SUCH A DIVISIVE TOPIC IN MY HEAD. There are so many pro's to changing the map to this, and so many cons. However in this case I truly believe the cons outweigh the pro's. I'm not gonna go ahead and give you a whole list for the pro's and cons, but the biggest con in my head is D-block. D-block would be absolutely hell to keep contained. Our current D-block system would have to completely removed, and that's something I don't think is worth the risk. Usually, over 50% of the server population is in D-block its-self (Security and D-class) and if we screw up the flow of that, it could be detrimental to the server population and health in a whole.

Now don't get me wrong, the map its-self if super heckin' cool. In fact, I would say it's overall a better map. However, the D-block is completely changed and would be impossible for GENSEC to hold without making it impossible for the D-class to breach. So, with a heavy heart, I have to give this a -support.

I feel as if removing both the airlock doors and functions would be able to remove most the issue. How much do you think that would work?

Retired E11 Commander Polar

Doctor L

21 minutes ago, Polar said:

I feel as if removing both the airlock doors and functions would be able to remove most the issue. How much do you think that would work?

There's very little room after the airlock for GENSEC to set anything up. if I remember correctly, the Hallways are extremely tight

Edit: There's also very little to stop them from coming back over and over, aka what the elevator does.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

6 hours ago, Hoovy said:

There's very little room after the airlock for GENSEC to set anything up. if I remember correctly, the Hallways are extremely tight

Edit: There's also very little to stop them from coming back over and over, aka what the elevator does.

I’ll draw a diagram of what I’m thinking to convey the idea.

Edit: Looking at possible solutions because I also noticed this major issue.

Edited by Polar

Doctor L

6 hours ago, Hoovy said:

1. See image at bottom. Each line is a possible "kos line" that GENSEC could guard depending on what you guys want. Also map has been updated to be able to have both airlock doors open at once.

2. Multiple solutions, A. We set the spawn in the cafeteria and make them run, or B (check link) we use a server wide respawn timer that really only affects D-Class. I've seen other servers use this for maps like this and it really helps mitigate the swarm. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655894831

20200122154011_1.jpg

Doctor L

7 hours ago, Polar said:

impossible for the D-class to breach

I did notice that when I was playing on the map, there's no way to breach. Also, this server's version of a Partial Lockdown would be a blast door blocking the exit. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Polar said:

1. See image at bottom. Each line is a possible "kos line" that GENSEC could guard depending on what you guys want. Also map has been updated to be able to have both airlock doors open at once.

2. Multiple solutions, A. We set the spawn in the cafeteria and make them run, or B (check link) we use a server wide respawn timer that really only affects D-Class. I've seen other servers use this for maps like this and it really helps mitigate the swarm. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655894831

20200122154011_1.jpg

The map has been updated, theres now too buttons and they can be blocked off for the airlock which essentially solves the issue.

I also +1 this, its being updated daily from the looks of it and its a very interesting map.

• Thanks 1

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

13 hours ago, _Alpha_ said:

its being updated daily from the looks of it and its a very interesting map.

This is the big thing for me. The map creator is completely open to feedback and suggestions regarding the map and isn’t shy to add them

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

14 hours ago, BadAim said:

This is the big thing for me. The map creator is completely open to feedback and suggestions regarding the map and isn’t shy to add them

I completely agree with badaim, all of the current -Supports are coming from fixable issues with the map. If the creator is open to changing it to just how we like it, I don’t see why we should change to it!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy Savile said:

I completely agree with badaim, all of the current -Supports are coming from fixable issues with the map. If the creator is open to changing it to just how we like it, I don’t see why we should change to it!

This map is used by many different servers, the chances of them making changes just for us is slim

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

This map would Kill CI and Medical

have HCZ so far way from the Entrance zone would let MTF slowly grind CI down.

and It would take MTF forever to find CI because of  the size of the surface+Distance between everything

The medbay is so far away from everything, we're having trouble getting people to go to medbay as it is now it's going to be a mile away

now let's talk about D-black

Currently, the elevator acts as an NLR timer for D-class and keeps them from overwhelming Gensec too quickly without it

Gensec would have to call Full lockdown every 10 mins or so

I do want a map change but it has to be the right map

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

On 1/22/2020 at 3:52 PM, Polar said:

23 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

This map would Kill CI and Medical

have HCZ so far way from the Entrance zone would let MTF slowly grind CI down.

and It would take MTF forever to find CI because of  the size of the surface+Distance between everything

The medbay is so far away from everything, we're having trouble getting people to go to medbay as it is now it's going to be a mile away

now let's talk about D-black

Currently, the elevator acts as an NLR timer for D-class and keeps them from overwhelming Gensec too quickly without it

Gensec would have to call Full lockdown every 10 mins or so

I do want a map change but it has to be the right map

On 1/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, Gamer6 said:

Being the CI COL I actually believe this would make our raids a lot more unique and make our NCOs and command members plan a ton more before they raid overall improving CI's rp experiences

Doctor L

-Support

I do not think a map switch is appropriate. If it’s not broken then no need to make a complete change to a map that has been the centerpiece of SCPRP since December 2018. 

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

16 minutes ago, th3 said:

-Support

I do not think a map switch is appropriate. If it’s not broken then no need to make a complete change to a map that has been the centerpiece of SCPRP since December 2018. 

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

On 1/19/2020 at 9:54 PM, Bread said:

Neutral/Informative
After testing this map, I have quite a few things to say.
I will start with some comments I have about it, and then I will continue with the pros and cons of the map, starting with cons as I believe they outweigh the pros somewhat.
I feel that this map is very nice, but it would possibly be detrimental to the server population. Many things would have to change, including core server ideologies that have made us so popular as we are today.

Cons
D Block: 
D-Block is much different, making riots and other things purely impossible. It would be nearly impossible for Class D to escape outside of events or CI raids.
LCZ: I feel that LCZ is a bit too large for what we would do for the server, and the hallways are extremely cramped.
HCZ: HCZ is filled with many hallways and rooms that are generally unneeded, making it much bigger than needed. The overall layout of the area may be very confusing to some.
EZ: Entrance zone is located directly next to LCZ, which would definitely change how the server works. There are two ways into the facility. One includes the main gate, and the other includes an open vent system from the surface. I believe that the vents would be obsoleted by MTF always standing guard in the area due to the vulnerability. The sounds that the map maker chose for the floor may become obnoxious over time.

Overall Cons: Most hallways are too tight. The map design is somewhat all over the place, and there are some unneeded areas. The map requires CSS and HL2, which many Garry's Mod users do not own, though for what reason I do not know. 
The fact that the server would use a common map would possibly make the server less unique and has the chance to kill the population entirely.
Site-65 seems more Serious-RP based, which doesn't really fit the server.

Pros
The Surface: 
I feel that the surface is a major improvement over Site-05's surface. There is much more space to include new RP purposes, and CI has a dedicated base. Site-65's surface has more opportunity than Site05's.
Map Lighting, textures, and originality: I feel that this map is a lot less of a lazy copy and paste than Site-05 is, and most of the lighting and ambient sounds are good. There are some annoying sounds, as mentioned in the cons section.
Improved lockdown systems: The lockdown for this map is a much better improvement over Site-05's Lockdown.
Self Breaching: I believe that self breaching wouldn't change too terribly much with this map.
Improved 106 PD: The Pocket Dimension on Site-65 is much better.
Something new: This map would definitely change how everything is done around the server, which could either bring new life to the server or kill it entirely.

These are just what I thought when testing the map. Feel free to leave your opinion after seeing this. I believe it would be extremely difficult to switch to this map successfully and still stay popular, as the current map we use may be bland, but it has kept us as the #1 SCP-RP server.

extra cons:
1, D-Class are a big lifeblood to the server, and riots are incredibly fun, hard escaping D-Block doesnt seem like something many players would enjoy
2, with the cramped hallways, its mtf and gensecs wet dream, not to mention lcz right next to ez, great, now its even harder to escape as mtf can easily be guarded there.
3. breaching scps is harder, now you have to decide to breach scps or escape, not breaching scps while you get out of the facility, its a choice.
4. mtf can guard areas to enter the facility, making it impossible for airvents, there would be a limit for fairness
Extra pros:
new map, less knowledge
researchers are safer in heavy, and make it harder for scps to come out
682 is a little less annoying
more rp
Extras:
106 is the weakest scp currently, behind 069, a new pocket dimension thats harder to exit would be funner, and make scp-106 as deadly as hes meant to be
new map, less knowledge, everyones back from scratch
could re-incorporate mining,
the risk may be worth it, as scp-rp isnt that popular anyway, and having special rules in our server would keep everything, if the risk isnt worth it, a day map test would be fun.
this would breath new blood, and bring back some old blood.

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

2 minutes ago, Panda0Playz said:

did all your addons load before you joined, every single addon has to be loaded

Yeah in console it filled with "error with 087 staircase"

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer