Map Change Suggestion V5 - Denied

Polar

If it isn't broken, make it better.

What you want to see? - Site-65

Why should we add it? - Site 05 has been around for over a year now, it is an old outdated map. I know that I and many others want a new map change. In order to understand why this map is better we need to see what is important about this current map that will be crucial to change.

Advantages of having this? - 

1.  D-Block. The current D-Block does not require thinking only running through to overwhelm GENSEC. While the new map can have D-Class improvise and use kitchen appliances in order to breach the airlock system and escape.
  2. Now as GENSEC only has a lock to guard, patrols would be a smart and interesting way to increase RP, with LCZ and HCZ being areas that are actually guarded. Not to mention a need for cooperation within D-Class to escape.
  3. Optimization. While this map is large, it is better optimized for a large server compared to Site 05, which is no longer being updated. Especially with a server hitting 128 constantly we have an opportunity to make a long term investment for helping our players with entertainment and actual RP.
  4. Features. This map has built in Alpha and Omega Warheads, which saves staff time whereas the slow process of waiting 90 seconds and slaying people, this is much more automated making surface and facility warheads that kill on detonation. It also has individual zone lockdowns where the whole site doesn't have to be locked down due to a D-Class breach. Vent systems for stealth and enhanced working for RP.
  5. Better Zone Connection. No longer will the most dangerous zone be forced to be next to the exit, with this map LCZ is the center zone and HCZ is the zone that is the furthest in. Consequently SCP's now have to move far for a goal as well as CI and MTF.
  6. SCP's. We now have many more opportunities for SCP's for example 087. More room for item SCP's, Custom SCP's, and Built in SCP's means more SCP's. This also means more research work and tests leading to more RP with D-Class as they are necessary for the server to run.
  7. The main problem in the past for a map change has been the work to change it, especially with key-cards and spawns. However now we are able to work with a separate keycard system with more of a simple approach. There are enough spots (and more) for our current branches which would also have more room. And spawns will only get more complicated with new branches and with a bigger map and opportunity, now is the time for action.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content -

Map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1788306202 

EDIT: Content packs have been merged into the map addon

Edited by Polar

Retired E11 Commander Polar

Doctor L

+SUPPORT
Although I would really LOVE SOMETHING NEW and a map change would make me mega happy but map changes can really sway the playerbase and make a server lose most of its population.

I know every map suggestion has been denied due to those facts but I really think that if the server even had a test hour or 2 where we tested the map as a community then it could show smt that a map change isn't always bad.

Edited by Jakub
  • Thanks 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

Just now, Sir Cuizine said:

I completely agree. My only issue with Site 65 is the lighting, its too dark. Not a big issue, however, I'm sure I could learn to live with it and adapt to it.

The best counter is the highest brightness which looks better anyways with this map

Doctor L

On 1/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, CookieHugger21 said:

2 minutes ago, CookieHugger21 said:

-support 

While i like the idea of a new map im gonna have to -support it cause you advertised it.

htps://gyazo.com/38f7aee803b6481dc97fe3e2958adb14

Advertising isnt against the rules for suggestions 

• Thanks 1

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

OK THIS IS AN AFTERLOOK AFTER TESTING THE MAP AND GOING THROUGH IT!

So MAJOR ISSUE WITH THIS MAP

it would change a LOT of rules and practically the entire MOTD

It would also change the entire playstyle of GL compared to others and that may or may not hurt the server

However, good things include diversity and that fact of changing the server that may bring a very good feedback and bring even more people or help branches that didnt have much to do before. 

The possibilities are huge, however, they are for both bad and good factors

+/- support

Edited by starr
  • Like 1

insert cliched signature 

I'm gonna take a look at the map in game quick and take a look at it. I'm not opposed to map switches, as they are good ways for established servers to revitalize themselves, and our current map is getting a little cramped.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

+support

This map gives me dreams of an erotic nature

it would be nice to finally get lost in a new map

has a large amount of space for new SCPs

We can get a toilet that be talkin mad shit

Edited by Clistro
  • Thanks 1

United States Reserve General / Retired 1944 US GOA 

Rho 36 CO Occult Operative/ MTF Epsilon Eleven Commander Danny

+/-

+The server needs a map change

+ looks really good 

-I think the Map might be a little too big to use at it's full efficiency.

- It would likely be an extremely difficult process to switch to this map though all map changes will I guess

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

✌

🤝
1 hour ago, starr said:

OK THIS IS AN AFTERLOOK AFTER TESTING THE MAP AND GOING THROUGH IT!

So MAJOR ISSUE WITH THIS MAP

it would change a LOT of rules and practically the entire MOTD

It would also change the entire playstyle of GL compared to others and that may or may not hurt the server

However, good things include diversity and that fact of changing the server that may bring a very good feedback and bring even more people or help branches that didnt have much to do before. 

The possibilities are huge, however, they are for both bad and good factors

+Support

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

This map is used by a lot of different communities. Would we benefit from having the current map, which hardly anyone uses. Or a map that a large majority of scprp servers use.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

+Support

The current one is too bland now, everyone knows the map too well. A problem with SCPRP is that there's nothing new to offer, and I think having a newer bigger map would solve that problem, maybe not completely, but some of it. 

2 minutes ago, th3 said:

This map is used by a lot of different communities. Would we benefit from having the current map, which hardly anyone uses. Or a map that a large majority of scprp servers use.

I think we would benefit from using a map that more closely is like the original game, like OmniGaming's map, idk the name of it though.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

10 minutes ago, th3 said:

ImperialRP launched with a map used by other popular communities but still managed to solidify itself as the best server using it

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

Neutral/Informative
After testing this map, I have quite a few things to say.
I will start with some comments I have about it, and then I will continue with the pros and cons of the map, starting with cons as I believe they outweigh the pros somewhat.
I feel that this map is very nice, but it would possibly be detrimental to the server population. Many things would have to change, including core server ideologies that have made us so popular as we are today.

Cons
D Block: 
D-Block is much different, making riots and other things purely impossible. It would be nearly impossible for Class D to escape outside of events or CI raids.
LCZ: I feel that LCZ is a bit too large for what we would do for the server, and the hallways are extremely cramped.
HCZ: HCZ is filled with many hallways and rooms that are generally unneeded, making it much bigger than needed. The overall layout of the area may be very confusing to some.
EZ: Entrance zone is located directly next to LCZ, which would definitely change how the server works. There are two ways into the facility. One includes the main gate, and the other includes an open vent system from the surface. I believe that the vents would be obsoleted by MTF always standing guard in the area due to the vulnerability. The sounds that the map maker chose for the floor may become obnoxious over time.

Overall Cons: Most hallways are too tight. The map design is somewhat all over the place, and there are some unneeded areas. The map requires CSS and HL2, which many Garry's Mod users do not own, though for what reason I do not know. 
The fact that the server would use a common map would possibly make the server less unique and has the chance to kill the population entirely.
Site-65 seems more Serious-RP based, which doesn't really fit the server.

Pros
The Surface: 
I feel that the surface is a major improvement over Site-05's surface. There is much more space to include new RP purposes, and CI has a dedicated base. Site-65's surface has more opportunity than Site05's.
Map Lighting, textures, and originality: I feel that this map is a lot less of a lazy copy and paste than Site-05 is, and most of the lighting and ambient sounds are good. There are some annoying sounds, as mentioned in the cons section.
Improved lockdown systems: The lockdown for this map is a much better improvement over Site-05's Lockdown.
Self Breaching: I believe that self breaching wouldn't change too terribly much with this map.
Improved 106 PD: The Pocket Dimension on Site-65 is much better.
Something new: This map would definitely change how everything is done around the server, which could either bring new life to the server or kill it entirely.

These are just what I thought when testing the map. Feel free to leave your opinion after seeing this. I believe it would be extremely difficult to switch to this map successfully and still stay popular, as the current map we use may be bland, but it has kept us as the #1 SCP-RP server.

Edited by Bread

lol, lmao even

3 minutes ago, Bread said:

Neutral/Informative
After testing this map, I have quite a few things to say.
I will start with some comments I have about it, and then I will continue with the pros and cons of the map, starting with cons as I believe they outweigh the pros somewhat.
I feel that this map is very nice, but it would possibly be detrimental to the server population. Many things would have to change, including core server ideologies that have made us so popular as we are today.

Cons
D Block: 
D-Block is much different, making riots and other things purely impossible. It would be nearly impossible for Class D to escape outside of events or CI raids.
LCZ: I feel that LCZ is a bit too large for what we would do for the server, and the hallways are extremely cramped.
HCZ: HCZ is filled with many hallways and rooms that are generally unneeded, making it much bigger than needed. The overall layout of the area may be very confusing to some.
EZ: Entrance zone is located directly next to LCZ, which would definitely change how the server works. There is only one gate that can go in and out of the facility. The sounds that the map maker chose for the floor may become obnoxious over time.

Overall Cons: Most hallways are too tight. The map design is somewhat all over the place, and there are some unneeded areas. The map requires CSS and HL2, which many Garry's Mod users do not own, though for what reason I do not know. 

Pros
The Surface: 
I feel that the surface is a major improvement over Site-05's surface. There is much more space to include new RP purposes, and CI has a dedicated base. Site-65's surface has more opportunity than Site05's.
Map Lighting, textures, and originality: I feel that this map is a lot less of a lazy copy and paste of Site-05, and most of the lighting and ambient sounds are good. There are some annoying sounds, as mentioned in the cons section.
Something new: This map would definitely change how everything is done around the server, which could either bring new life to the server or kill it entirely.

These are just what I thought when testing the map. Feel free to leave your opinion after seeing this. I believe it would be extremely difficult to switch to this map successfully and still stay popular, as the current map we use may be bland, but it has kept us as the #1 SCP-RP server.

Believe it or not, there is a vent system for entry and exit so it’s not just one entry.

I don’t have hl2 on my PC and have only seen one missing texture about a literal pixel wide

Yes, as you said D-Block is very different but my idea is an RP breakout using tools and rolls, but if we wanted we could always just remove the doors on the airlock.

Doctor L

+support yea i like the map we have but i think its time for a change

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

3 hours ago, Jakub said:

+SUPPORT
Although I would really LOVE SOMETHING NEW and a map change would make me mega happy but map changes can really sway the playerbase and make a server lose most of its population.

I know every map suggestion has been denied due to those facts but I really think that if the server even had a test hour or 2 where we tested the map as a community then it could show smt that a map change isn't always bad.

37 minutes ago, Polar said:

Believe it or not, there is a vent system for entry and exit so it’s not just one entry.

I don’t have hl2 on my PC and have only seen one missing texture about a literal pixel wide

Yes, as you said D-Block is very different but my idea is an RP breakout using tools and rolls, but if we wanted we could always just remove the doors on the airlock.

Also you could just type stopsound into console to turn off ambient noises