Map Change Suggestion V5 - Denied

Polar

On 1/22/2020 at 9:03 AM, Hoovy said:

There's very little room after the airlock for GENSEC to set anything up. if I remember correctly, the Hallways are extremely tight

Edit: There's also very little to stop them from coming back over and over, aka what the elevator does.

There's very little room after the airlock for GENSEC to set anything up. if I remember correctly, the Hallways are extremely tight.
yes, however, if we were to incorporate mining back into the mix, or give the D-Class (like janitorial) a vacuum and an automated system for money, it would quell some riots, as D-Class will be focused on making money, this also will have more gensec as D-class will be encouraged to not only riot and to join gensec as it isnt "Make sure D-Class dont have fun simulator 2020" Mtf will be more rewarding than "Make sure D-Class AND scps dont have fun simulator 2020" and the servers D-Class will diminish a bit, events will be needed into the mix every once in a while, but a main goal of a D-Class is to get to the armory and escape, lots of D-Class are greedy, so having... lets say 3 miners, 5 civil miners, and 5 cleaners would be helpful.
Edit: There's also very little to stop them from coming back over and over, aka what the elevator does.
We could incorporate the use of fading doors, on a set and stone time limit, like a 30 second time to open, and it stays open for 20 seconds. roughly like the elevator in D-Block. also allowing Gensec and mtf to build custom firing lines or checkpoints would quench it, and make the riots more fun for all D-Class, with plans, and less like "rush them and hope they are brain dead sim"

Edited by Panda0Playz

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

14 hours ago, HamsterOfTF2 said:

policerp went from 2 maps in about 3 or 4 weeks, were not dead

+support 
current map looks like old cb tbh

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

I've already gone over this with the staff team, and many players on the server, but I'll type out my response to this suggestion on here aswell.

At this time, we are not going to be changing our permanent map to Site 65.

With that being said, I do understand the want for something fresh. Believe me, I have been playing on the server for longer than every single person (except for Mike). So I've come to a conclusion that I believe is the best alternative.

We are going to attempt to customize our current map, SCP Site 05. 

What I mean by this, is we are going to attempt to fix/change things we do not currently like about the map. I've already had High Command and SMT write down everything that they could think of about what to change on a document, and I've begun going through that list.

I need everybody to understand though, that this is an extremely time-consuming, expensive, and long-lasting project. There is not a current timeline on it. 

The document that I have to make needs to be extremely specific, as the mapper needs to know exactly what to do. And with the number of changes that we are looking to make, it is going to be a long process. So please be patient, and just know that it is in the works! 

I'll do my best to keep you guys updated!

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

big cat running GIF