SCP 966 thermal flashlight test

Bossatron1924

Lore Name: Costcotron1924
SCP: 966

Question / Idea: Will a thermal flashlight outline the 966 instances?
Background Research: 966 is a humanoid bering the height of 1.4 to 1.6 meters tall except all 5 instances are invisible and can only be seen with thermal imaging. Their weight can be up to around 30 kgs. All 966 instances can only be seen from wave lengths ranging from 900nm to around 700nm (although if a 966 instance receives a second or third-degree burn, the wave lengths change to around 360nm in the affected area).  Humans that interact with 966 will suffer from sleep prevention, causing the affected subjects to fall to the ground after if not treated immediately,  if nearby a 966 instance, they will begin to consume said subject.
Hypothesis: If the 966 instances can be outlined with the thermal flashlights, then we can issue them to researchers and utility branches so they know where a 966 instance is in case of a breach.

Observations (What Happened During Test): Subject described being able to see a humanoid outline (presumably SCP 966's) and saying that it was moving across the north side of the room towards him. MTF were able to see 966 closing on the subject. Then subject said that the outline disappeared, MTF then saw 966 moving behind the subject before shortly being terminated.
Evidence/Visual Stimuli: Large lacerations were observed on subjects body, (cuts ranged from 2 inches deep to around 1.5 inches) as well as little nail pieces being observed being lodged inside subjects flesh.

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): The thermal flashlight was a combination of a tactical flashlight, (those that are used on weapons) thermal goggle lenses, and a 18V battery. The light was bright enough for one large oval of light (expected brightness to be around 500nm to 700nm).
Was Your Hypothesis Correct?: The test was sort of a success, due to subject being able to see only the outlines of 966, not the entire entity. For now, it could be safe enough to issue these to Research personnel and utility personnel, but however, the thermal flashlight will go under heavy modifications, due to the version that was used in the test being a prototype. For now, they will not be given out until we can make sure the flashlight doesn't drain battery quickly.

Current:  CI COL CI RND SVA Proud Rho 36 Shaman and Rho 36 "Infiltrator" Group Vanguard 
Former:
MTF E11 LTCOL A1 2LT SF Aphrodite Z36 | STF D4 Ares BA4 | Banana Fridge
image_2022-05-22_140652598.png.a43e32322881c9c08e9e8cc14a119ee4.png

Grade: 79%

Lore: 14/20

I understand the idea, I wish there was just a bit more detail on how the thermal flashlights worked as just saying that you gave people thermal flashlights doesn't allow much room for imagination.

Creativity: 16/20

I like the idea but again the idea could be more fleshed out and I think that you could have done a lot more with this concept.

Presentation: 13/20

I think that you could have adapted the format to better fit your test. Also I would recommended you do your logs in google docs as it allows you more possibility in creating a log.

Writing: 36/40 Test

From what I can see, there are no spelling errors but I would like you to expand your vocabulary to make your log more interesting to read.

Quality: Standard

Former Research Administrator/OR1 Dr. Watkin