Bank Rule Suggestion - Denied

Blitzton

What you want to see? -  A rule added stating, "Gov't may not rush the situation when the timer says '59 seconds remaining.'"

Why should we add it? - Rushing a hostage is plainly stupid, it's FailRP, it devalues the role of hostage negotiators, and it takes away from the Roleplay aspect of the Server. Gov't shouldn't be rushing anyways, the Hostage is the most valuable person in that situation, and besides, when the screen displays 59 seconds, there's still 2 minutes left in the bank situation, a bug of the server that few notice.

What are the advantages of having this? - Improves the roleplay aspect, keeps hostages alive, and brings back some old time rules that never should have left.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

+Support
+Its annoying when all the gov just sit outside and dont follow orders of negotiations then move in and 1min *When there actually is 2min*
+There is normally more gov then crim so the only way to successfully raid bank
+It gives more time to play raid shadow legends
Overall Good idea! 

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

+Support

In my opinion, the hostage is far more important than the bank raid actually being completed. It isn't a good feeling to let the criminals win the raid but at the end of the day it is in exchange for a life.

It isn't worth giving up the hostage's life.

spacer.png

-Support

The reason why tac units rush in after 8 minutes of negotiating, is because they are deemed that they don’t want to negotiate, and they are stalling.  They have 8 minutes to get the hostage out, if they can’t do it in that time, there’s a 99% chance that they’re stalling.

Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

3 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

In my opinion, the hostage is far more important than the bank raid actually being completed. It isn't a good feeling to let the criminals win the raid but at the end of the day it is in exchange for a life.

2 hours ago, Northy said:

-Support

The reason why tac units rush in after 8 minutes of negotiating, is because they are deemed that they don’t want to negotiate, and they are stalling.  They have 8 minutes to get the hostage out, if they can’t do it in that time, there’s a 99% chance that they’re stalling.

+/- Support

The rue was made ages ago to have something for gov to fall back on.

Sometimes you have situations where the Robber couldn't be more annoying and stalls and is minging or whatever.

On the other hand, the hostage should be rescued at all costs wich I do agree with. But again the objective for crim is to rob the bank and for gov to make sure this doesnt happen.

If we do this every criminal will just stall and end it in a shootout running out.

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

3 hours ago, Freeze said:

+/- Support

Sometimes you have situations where the Robber couldn't be more annoying and stalls and is minging or whatever.

On the other hand, the hostage should be rescued at all costs wich I do agree with. But again the objective for crim is to rob the bank and for gov to make sure this doesnt happen.

If we do this every criminal will just stall and end it in a shootout running out.

8 hours ago, Northy said:

-Support

-Suppoty

I agree, I feel like the only times when it gets to one minute is when the criminals are stalling. Without this rule criminals will just abuse this, its the only alternative for both sides to have an equal chance of winning. Bank raids should be strategic for criminals, you cannot just stall to win. You plan ahead, and you can defend the last minute. Bank raids are meant to be hard, you have to plan ahead. I agree with that rushing in the hostage situations, I agree its failrp but else is government going to do if time is up? 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

2 minutes ago, Calamity said:

-Suppoty

I agree, I feel like the only times when it gets to one minute is when the criminals are stalling. Without this rule criminals will just abuse this, its the only alternative for both sides to have an equal chance of winning. Bank raids should be strategic for criminals, you cannot just stall to win. You plan ahead, and you can defend the last minute. Bank raids are meant to be hard, you have to plan ahead. I agree with that rushing in the hostage situations, I agree its failrp but else is government going to do if time is up? 

8 hours ago, Northy said:

-Support

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

5 hours ago, JackOG said:

We have a issue with government not valuing hostages life and feeling like they can just shoot criminals and rush into bank raids with absolutely no value for RP or anyones life. Shit makes no sense to me.

- Support. The government normally do value the hostage's life, but you gotta think about it in their perspective, they just spent 8 minutes normally talking about random stuff/Impossible requests just so that the robbers can get the money/Stall to the minute mark. If this rule was removed it means that the criminals could just keep stalling and always rob the bank. It's kinda failRP but I feel like if money was as magic as being directly transferred into your bank account that cannot be touched by the government after 8 mins and the criminals respawn with the money, i'd like to think they would have a similar policy irl. You can only have so much realism when faced with something that is very unrealistic

Edited by Rick Sanchez

12 hours ago, Freeze said:

+/- Support

It's a matter of balance whenever possible. Try and get the hostage out at all costs. I mean, this is going to be one of my main goals in SWAT if I ever negotiate at any point. However; if the hostage taker is obviously stalling to kill the hostage and get the money, it becomes necessary to take matters into your own hands. Although obviously, don't gas the hostage. Normally a bank raid wouldn't have a timer IRL, but hey, different circumstances.

Edited by grunt22fox

11 hours ago, Calamity said:

-Suppoty

Cammy_Signature_1.png

16 hours ago, Ronin said:

+/- Support

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

• Head Admin
17 hours ago, [GL] Joe Mama said:

I agree that the idea that after 8 minutes is over the hostage's life just becomes meaningless is weird. I think that if you're going to go through 8 minutes of negotiating, you should follow through with the last minute instead of throwing it all away.

16 hours ago, Calamity said:

-Suppoty

+support and if crim is stalling why don't you just call it off earlier 

• Like 2

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

On 1/19/2020 at 2:26 PM, Jayden said:

+Support

On 1/19/2020 at 10:53 PM, [GL] Joe Mama said:

I agree that the idea that after 8 minutes is over the hostage's life just becomes meaningless is weird. I think that if you're going to go through 8 minutes of negotiating, you should follow through with the last minute instead of throwing it all away.

8 hours ago, [GL] Mikey said:

+support and if crim is stalling why don't you just call it off earlier 

MAJOR + Support

-Just make new guidelines as to what is considered "Stalling" and what is not. I agree that seeing the bank raids where someone is asking for chips and stupid stuff like that is dumb, so move in when that happens. There are people out there (such as myself) that can and have successfully roleplayed out a negotiation without any stalling all the way to the completion of the bank due to the negotiator actually enjoying the roleplay and not allowing the government to move in at 1 minute.

-This allows good negotiators to become better and bad negotiators to pay the price

Edited by ViperKimg

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

-support  that's just a free passage for 800k or what ever it is 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

A negotiator who is stalling can be warned, and if he or she makes continuous fail requests the Gov't negotiator can call negotiations early as the situation is more FailRP than RP at that point, however, I want this reinstated for the negotiators that are actively finding legit ways to keep the time ticking, to find out how they're going to escape. Situation dont need to be "rushed." I've had plenty of legit negotiations go on, and they end in the negotiators leaving, the hostage being rescued, and a few 10-80s for clean up, which in my opinion is more enjoyable for both sides. Impatience and complete disregard for the hostages life should NEVER be a reason to rush.

• Like 2

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

12 minutes ago, Blitzton said:

A negotiator who is stalling can be warned, and if he or she makes continuous fail requests the Gov't negotiator can call negotiations early as the situation is more FailRP than RP at that point, however, I want this reinstated for the negotiators that are actively finding legit ways to keep the time ticking, to find out how they're going to escape. Situation dont need to be "rushed." I've had plenty of legit negotiations go on, and they end in the negotiators leaving, the hostage being rescued, and a few 10-80s for clean up, which in my opinion is more enjoyable for both sides. Impatience and complete disregard for the hostages life should NEVER be a reason to rush.

If negotiations are going properly without them stalling with dumb demands im fine with making a rule for it but then staff will be shot with sits about whether this was a valid demand or negotiations. 

Stalling it not realy warnable and is 9/10 for gov to fix and then the options we have is cancelling it.

What I do if I notice it is to tell the hostage takers that if they continue im canceling it.

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

-support

This can and will be abused heavily. Just because you make stalling against the rules doesn't mean people won't do it. Staff can't exactly take 750k back afterwards. I do agree that the hostage is much more valuable than most people give credit, but this will make tactical units completely powerless to do what they were added to  do. i think maybe making it so you can only rush in at 30 seconds (when it actually is 30 seconds left, not when the server says its 30 seconds) would solve the issue

this situation is honestly way too rare for it to matter very much. It's one out of 25 bank raids that this even occurs

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy

+/- support yea its annoying when they do it but like people say it could just be a stalling thing but it also is so annoying when people rush 1 min left without value of the hostage

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.