Better Riot Control Gear - Denied

Mind Stone

What you want to see? -  Better riot control gear for the riot control subbranch. Stun baton, riot shield, flashbang, and  a flare gun are some ideas.

Why should we add it? -  The riot control class has ZERO good tools for handling riots. You get a shotgun, a bad revolver, and an AR. This class should at least have a flare gun on it. The flare gun is able to deal damage and obscure vision at the same time. It doesn't have a very high damage amount and only about 5 rounds for it would be needed.  In security, it is our job to prevent riots. We should have the correct tools to do so.

What are the advantages of having this? - Security would be able to handle riots more efficiently. A magnetic lockdown would not be as necessary if we could disperse the riots.

Who is it mainly for? - Security (riot control class)

Links to any content -  N/A

Edited by Mind Stone

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

9 minutes ago, Mind Stone said:

What you want to see? -  Better riot control gear for the riot control subbranch. Stun baton, riot shield, flashbang, and  a flare gun are some ideas.

This is what I would want to see. The HP, salary, and body armor are just fine. 

Edited by Mind Stone

+support (for riot shield)

The riot shield would be a cool, RP-friendly idea that could expand tactics used by Gensec. 

Otherwise I am going with a -Support

• Flare gun is too good and causes server problems like lag
  • Stun baton would be too much, laggy 912 is already hell to deal with and we don't need 10 more of those
  • Flash Bang would be unnecessary as frags are enough for Gensec to massively hamper riots, blinding D-Class along with your teammates takes fun away from both sides
  • Like 1

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

-/+Support

-Support on Riot Shield only because the Riot Shield sucks. I own one and it 9 times out of 10 glitches in one way or another, almost never stay in the center of your body. Also, D-Class rarely use guns.
+Support on the Stun Baton or maybe a taser? Point is guns don't always do a good job, and most of Gensec don't own a melee weapon, this would help in situations to avoid crossfire.
-/+Support on the flare gun, lags the server but would be great on Partial Lockdowns.
-/+Support on the Flash Bang, cause of what Ritz said, the FB's blind everyone, not just D-Class.

A possible weapon addition would be Tear Gas, however I don't know if there's an addon for that. Tear Gas causes non-lethal damage but blinds the hell our of people.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

A possible weapon addition would be Tear Gas, however I don't know if there's an addon for that. Tear Gas causes non-lethal damage but blinds the hell our of people.

this has to be handed out by JMT/ETL

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

-Support

Due to riot shield being a donation tool/weapon I don't think that you can get it on riot control.

Flare gun has too much AOE and would cause multiple problems in dblock like lighting props on fire causing lag.

Flash bangs would be kinda terrible for riots as it blinds your team mates also more than 70% of the time

Stun sticks would be cool but would sorta take away from SCP 912's whole idea.

Tear gas is a no as it's only really used for mass riots and terrible occassions with mag lockdown being the worst case scenario.

I think Riot Control is sorta in a good place right now only really needing minor buffs like a secondary change. The double barrel is really good for controlling riots.

Edited by Catsro

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

1 hour ago, Catsro said:

There is no tear gas addon. I looked before I made this.

2 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

Due to riot shield being a donation tool/weapon I don't think that you can get it on riot control.

Flare gun has too much AOE and would cause multiple problems in dblock like lighting props on fire causing lag.

Flash bangs would be kinda terrible for riots as it blinds your team mates also more than 70% of the time

Tear gas is a no as it's only really used for mass riots and terrible occassions with mag lockdown being the worst case scenario.

I think Riot Control is sorta in a good place right now only really needing minor buffs like a secondary change. The double barrel is really good for controlling riots.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

I said Tear Gas, not Mustard Gas. Tear Gas blinds while Mustard Gas just dominates. 

4 hours ago, Catsro said:

I mean 912 is just sentient SWAT armor, so kind of but not really?

4 hours ago, Catsro said:

Flare gun has too much AOE

That's the point, the current weapons we have now are too singular in their attacks. Hell, even having Molotovs would suffice. Just need weapons that can affect multiple rioters at once, and cause disarray. I know, lets get a fire hydrant put into D-Block, smack dab in the middle, and use fire hoses on them and make them ragdoll. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+support, honestly, the Riot Controll has nothing Riot Controll like, all its good for is for taking out singulair D-Class.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 1/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, Catsro said:

-Support

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro