Civilian Weapons Overhaul - Denied

TerPepsi1

What you want to see? - Either a Kar98k or an M1A Socom 16, both of which are TFA rifles and legally own-able by civilians. Additionally, redefine what a class II weapon is to what it actually is in real life (i.e: XM is legal in real life and considered a class 2, as well as civilian hunting rifles. NOT Sawed-Off shotgun.). A link to the definition of different weapon classes is here: http://bythewaythecrowflies.blogspot.com/2013/11/weapon-classes-and-nfa-explained.html

Why should we add it? - Currently, civilians can legally own very few weapons. Anything greater than a pistol is, essentially, banned. In allowing the legal usage of a shotgun, you increase realism and increase a (legal) civilian's arsenal. Additionally, a Kar98-K or M1A Socom 16 would make a great addition to the civilian's legal arsenal.

What are the advantages of having this? - Increased variety in weaponry, but specifically, civilian weaponry which is lacking. Also, the addition of another ranged rifle (other than the AWP) would prove useful as it is a cheaper alternative and would likely be used by criminals (and, potentially, police? Especially the Socom 16).

Who is it mainly for? - Civilians (and criminals)

Links to any content: 

TFA Kar98K: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1230930270

TFA Socom 16: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1348294971

Side Note: I know *somebody* is going to make the argument that few player play as civilians and, as such, these weapons won't be used. Firstly, I believe the addition of a cheaper, ranged rifle (such as the kar98K) would be something that criminals could benefit from. Secondly, we currently have weapons that are rarely used at all (90% of the handguns), so to deny these suggestions simply on the grounds that "nobody's going to use them" doesn't make sense.

Other Side Note: This gun would still be distributed to people via a gun dealer. It wouldn’t be something the civilians could spawn with or spawn in.

Edited by TerPepsi1

+ Support

I think this is a really good idea, as there is a noticeable problem with the gunplay in GL to me. How could an innocent civilian defend themselves when a guy with a huge AR (e.x. AUG) comes up to them and the only thing they have to defend themselves with legally is a phony pistol, or with a gun license a low powered SMG? You can sense some unbalancing in this, as most people on the side of the pistol would obviously die whenever they go up against the AUG; you're clearly underpowered and outgunned, and you'd most likely die before you get the chance to call 911.

Adding a few new civilian targeted weapons would do us all a favor, as not only would it most likely improve the gunplay and decrease the willingness to break the law, it would also increase a sense of realism as civilians are allowed to own a LOT more than just pistols if you have the right certifications and licenses. The only real thing I have against this is the potential for impacting performance (although I have no idea how that could happen, it's only a model and an entity more depending on the amount you would add). Also, I can say from looking at the guns, they're really sexy (reason enough to add them lol).

I'd also appreciate adding the possibility for attachments, the Kar98k only comes with iron sights on neutral, and it being a long-range weapon, that may not add up well (but that's an entirely different suggestion in its own right.)

Edited by grunt22fox

... this will just cause more rdm

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:27 PM, Hannah King said:

First off, +Support

Second, I don't understand why people have to be so negative about our community. Every suggestion that gives crims more freedom gets tons of comments like this that just say "This will only cause more shootouts" or "This will only cause more RDM."

It is the job of the server staff to take care of people that break rules. Players that are devoted to the server that play crim the vast majority of their time, such as myself, should not be denied an awesome suggestion like this just because some minge is going to RDM. There will ALWAYS be minges, ALWAYS be shootouts, ALWAYS be alt accounts, etc. there's nothing anyone can do about that. This is why the community has an administration role, in order to maintain peace and order within the server from an objective standpoint.

So yeah, please add this ❤️

• Thanks 1

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

5 hours ago, ViperKimg said:

First off, +Support

Second, I don't understand why people have to be so negative about our community. Every suggestion that gives crims more freedom gets tons of comments like this that just say "This will only cause more shootouts" or "This will only cause more RDM."

It is the job of the server staff to take care of people that break rules. Players that are devoted to the server that play crim the vast majority of their time, such as myself, should not be denied an awesome suggestion like this just because some minge is going to RDM. There will ALWAYS be minges, ALWAYS be shootouts, ALWAYS be alt accounts, etc. there's nothing anyone can do about that. This is why the community has an administration role, in order to maintain peace and order within the server from an objective standpoint.

As you see staff is busy enough  with  civilians   rdming all the time  we arent restricting anything for crims   we are looking out for our community and  trying to lower the rdm /fail rp, even though its staff job,  it's our job as well to make the server enjoyable  maybe I'm not seeing the big picture but  if you wanna  waste more of staff's  time than add this ig 

And  no  ones being  nagtive   about the community idk where you got all that from 

• Head Admin
5 hours ago, Hannah King said:

As you see staff is busy enough  with  civilians   rdming all the time  we arent restricting anything for crims   we are looking out for our community and  trying to lower the rdm /fail rp, even though its staff job,  it's our job as well to make the server enjoyable  maybe I'm not seeing the big picture but  if you wanna  waste more of staff's  time than add this ig 

And  no  ones being  nagtive   about the community idk where you got all that from 

^^

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

+/- Support

Alright, let me just list out some things. 

+ More weapon variety, we need some new guns and would be awesome to see some new ones. 

- I don't see why this exactly NEEDS to be added to the Civilian class. The Civ class can't mug, rob, etc. Mabye make this avaible for gun dealers to sell. Not so much as a spawner weapon for Civs. 

In All: I feel these guns could be neat and used in a way that would benefit. However I don't think giving them to the Civ class will benefit in any way. Sure mabye giving gun dealer /adv dealer these could be useful. I also feel mabye updating the gun class, and whats legal and isn't could be updated. 

Signature.png

To clarify, I never meant that civilians could spawn this. I meant that it could be legally purchased and used. A regular gun dealer would still sell the weapons.

And to the RDM point- why would a RDMer use a Kar98k when they can use an AK47 or an AWP? It won’t change anything RDM-wise.

^^

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

• 2 weeks later...

+ support

I'm tired of picking between two scenarios when on crim

A) Get mugged, kidnapped, or raided by someone who has a negev that can basically instakill

B) Get arrested for 9 years trying to defend myself from option A

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy

On 1/22/2020 at 7:12 PM, Masterson said:

+/- Support

+ More weapon variety, we need some new guns and would be awesome to see some new ones. 

- I don't see why this exactly NEEDS to be added to the Civilian class. The Civ class can't mug, rob, etc. Mabye make this avaible for gun dealers to sell. Not so much as a spawner weapon for Civs. 

In All: I feel these guns could be neat and used in a way that would benefit. However I don't think giving them to the Civ class will benefit in any way. Sure mabye giving gun dealer /adv dealer these could be useful. I also feel mabye updating the gun class, and whats legal and isn't could be updated. 

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 1/21/2020 at 12:04 AM, ViperKimg said:

First off, +Support

I totally agree.

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 6:53 PM, Rocco_Rex said:

+support

Legal civs need more guns. And as stated, if you're gonna RMD/MRDM, you're gonna do it no matter the gun or laws

Need more guns meanwhile u were on pres saying selling guns is 10 years 🤣 i luv u rocco

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

On 1/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, Hannah King said:

-Support

Citizen is the class that everyone has access to and this would make it easier for rdmers to have instant access to a weapon. Thus causing people to have a negative opinion of the server.

In rp you still need a gun license to own a firearm such as a rifle. 

Also giving a weapon to the citizen class would break server rules because they would have the ability to do criminal acts where citzens are supposed to be "Law abiding" so that every citizen would be needing a gun permit for it to follow that rule. But then a loophole in the rule would be that they can open carry since hypothetically they have the permit when they spawn in.

Sooo in all as former Mr.Valkyri3 said "Wheres the roleplay? " in a bunch of citizens running around with rifles ?

Edited by Echo

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

On 1/17/2020 at 6:28 PM, grunt22fox said:

+ Support

I think this is a really good idea, as there is a noticeable problem with the gunplay in GL to me. How could an innocent civilian defend themselves when a guy with a huge AR (e.x. AUG) comes up to them and the only thing they have to defend themselves with legally is a phony pistol, or with a gun license a low powered SMG? You can sense some unbalancing in this, as most people on the side of the pistol would obviously die whenever they go up against the AUG; you're clearly underpowered and outgunned, and you'd most likely die before you get the chance to call 911.

Adding a few new civilian targeted weapons would do us all a favor, as not only would it most likely improve the gunplay and decrease the willingness to break the law, it would also increase a sense of realism as civilians are allowed to own a LOT more than just pistols if you have the right certifications and licenses. The only real thing I have against this is the potential for impacting performance (although I have no idea how that could happen, it's only a model and an entity more depending on the amount you would add). Also, I can say from looking at the guns, they're really sexy (reason enough to add them lol).

I'd also appreciate adding the possibility for attachments, the Kar98k only comes with iron sights on neutral, and it being a long-range weapon, that may not add up well (but that's an entirely different suggestion in its own right.)

On 1/17/2020 at 7:27 PM, Hannah King said:

+ / - support 

we have staff for people who rdm

we won’t be able to add anything if we say it’s gonna cause “rdm” 

everything we add has a risk 

On 1/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, grunt22fox said:

+ Support

Retired PD Major | Long Time GL Member

On 1/21/2020 at 12:04 AM, ViperKimg said:

First off, +Support

On 1/22/2020 at 7:12 PM, Masterson said:

+/- Support

- I don't see why this exactly NEEDS to be added to the Civilian class. The Civ class can't mug, rob, etc. Maybe make this available for gun dealers to sell. Not so much as a spawner weapon for Civs. 

In All: I feel these guns could be neat and used in a way that would benefit. However I don't think giving them to the Civ class will benefit in any way. Sure maybe giving gun dealer /adv dealer these could be useful. I also feel maybe updating the gun class, and whats legal and isn't could be updated. 

Heavily agree when it comes to why it needs to be added to the Civilian class. Giving some new weapons to the gun dealer would be pretty neat.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Tonto said:
16 hours ago, soulness said:

+ / - support 

we have staff for people who rdm

we won’t be able to add anything if we say it’s gonna cause “rdm” 

everything we add has a risk 

Soo you want to legal class 3 weapons?

• 2 weeks later...

Eternity, sawed-off shotguns are class 3’s in real life and normal ones are not. That’s the law. This server messed up in characterizing all shotguns as class 3’s, when an XM, for example, is not. Also, to respond to a few other comments, we could easily make these weapons restricted to people with gun licenses. It’s just a matter of adding them.

Also, I think there’s some confusion. I don’t want the weapon to be added to the civilian class, I wanted to add it to the gun dealer and just have there be a larger variety of legal weapons. The amount of RDM shouldn’t be impacted by this at all since there are obviously better weapons than these. A prospective RDMer will always choose an AK47 over a civilian rifleThey are just legal to purchase and use, you do not spawn with them. 

Edited by TerPepsi1