nvgs - Denied

Jakub

What you want to see? - I want to see the current nvgs on the server to be buyable in the armory or f4 menu.

Why should we add it? - It would greatly increase the rp experience of all players without any major change happening on the server.

What are the advantages of having this? - as said above rp would be waaay more epic.

Who is it mainly for? - everyone who access's the armory during power outages.

Links to any content - 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+Support
We already have a nvg's that is a 'place on and its on forever' type thing, similar to gas masks. Though it would be a good idea to add into the description the command to turn them on.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+/- ... WTF IS A NVG

+ if it is Nightvision

- if anything else

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

6 minutes ago, Blitz said:

+/- ... WTF IS A NVG

+ if it is Nightvision

- if anything else

NVG = Night vision

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

+/- support I think they can have a set price in armory but they can only be spawned by event team/staff and should only be available to highcommand or people who cant see during a power outage and they must be able to prove they cant see during a power outage.

3 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

Once you equip them you have them until you leave the server

Why would that matter? Its no different than adverting Thermals then switching on your flashlight. This would just be a more physical version.

2 hours ago, Fear said:

+/- support I think they can have a set price in armory but they can only be spawned by event team/staff and should only be available to highcommand or people who cant see during a power outage and they must be able to prove they cant see during a power outage.

Then that would completely defeat the purpose of having them in the armory in the first place.

These NVG's are turned on via a command, something like !tognvg and it flips them on. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Just now, Gunther said:

Why would that matter? Its no different than adverting Thermals then switching on your flashlight. This would just be a more physical version.

Then that would completely defeat the purpose of having them in the armory in the first place.

These NVG's are turned on via a command, something like !tognvg and it flips them on. 

The issue is Gunther that once you get them, you always have them, no matter what job you are on. This means classes like D-Class, Utility, and SCPs can access this.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Just now, [GL] Inaccurate said:

The issue is Gunther that once you get them, you always have them, no matter what job you are on. This means classes like D-Class, Utility, and SCPs can access this.

Well SCPs aren't allowed in the armory to begin with. D-Class and Utility having access to it wouldn't really be a huge deal, all the NVG's do is make it easier to see in the dark. Its no different than flipping on the flashlight. Also, why would D-Class having them be an issue? Thermals and NVG's are two different things, they wouldn't be able to see cloaked entities.

200.gif

2 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Well SCPs aren't allowed in the armory to begin with. D-Class and Utility having access to it wouldn't really be a huge deal, all the NVG's do is make it easier to see in the dark. Its no different than flipping on the flashlight. Also, why would D-Class having them be an issue? Thermals and NVG's are two different things, they wouldn't be able to see cloaked entities.

Yeah but if they bought it in the armory they would have access to it on every job

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

just want to add that my reasoning behing these is that they make immersion much better and people can have fun, never planned on having them as any sort of tactical advantage of any sorts so I think it wouldn't really matter if they are perma since everyone will be able to buy them but I'm guessing they could be changed so that you lose them when you die.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

-Support, sorry but i think that its just not worth the hassle.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 1/15/2020 at 5:00 PM, Fear said:

If possible +support

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

On 1/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

Once you equip them you have them until you leave the server

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.