Title Awards for Events - Denied

EmptiedSkies

What you want to see? -  Custom chat name titles added in-game for event winners/participants.

Why should we add it? - Having cosmetic titles in-game provides a fun way to show off your achievements and participation within the server community! 

What are the advantages of having this? - More players would be interested in participating in events, which would benefit the Event Team greatly. The players would also be more happy with having a unique award rather than just being offered money!

Who is it mainly for? - The Event Team and entire community within PoliceRP

Links to any content - N/A - I've seen this done on multiple servers over time (idk how they implement it)

As an example as to how these titles might look in game chat:

[OOC] VIP+ | Zombie Eradicator | EmptiedSkies: Hey guys!

[OOC] VIP+ | Bank Raid Boss | ViperKimg: Wassup?

[OOC] Admin | Bank Raid Boss | AdminGuy: Where did you get that title Emptied?

[OOC] Zombie Eradicator | NonVIPdude: We got them from a zombie event Matthew hosted yesterday!

[OOC] VIP+ | DudeDudeGuy: Sickkkkkkkkk

Thanks guys for reading my suggestion! I hope this can go somewhere within the community. 😄

-EmptiedSkies

Edited by EmptiedSkies
  • Like 1

spacer.png

EmptiedSkies | GamingLight Member Since 2017 | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @ViperKimg ❤️

IDK how you would implement this but if they can...

MASSIVE +Support

Most events have only a few participants go because people don't want to take time away from their roleplay to MAYBE have a chance at getting an insignificant amount of money (due to staff not wanting to break the economy)

However, when Friendly Steve and Matthew hosted the BR event, a good majority of people showed up because they were going to receive something they could actually put to good use (and only 1 person ended up winning) so if a whole TEAM or even just around 5 people got the special tag, I feel event participation would skyrocket!

+Helps the community by possibly bringing more activity

+Gives people cool ways to show off their dedication to the server

+Can help OG server members find each other better (If each event gives out new tags)

The only downside I see is that IDK how difficult that might be to implement.

• Like 1

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

7 minutes ago, ViperKimg said:

IDK how you would implement this but if they can...

MASSIVE +Support

Most events have only a few participants go because people don't want to take time away from their roleplay to MAYBE have a chance at getting an insignificant amount of money (due to staff not wanting to break the economy)

However, when Friendly Steve and Matthew hosted the BR event, a good majority of people showed up because they were going to receive something they could actually put to good use (and only 1 person ended up winning) so if a whole TEAM or even just around 5 people got the special tag, I feel event participation would skyrocket!

+Helps the community by possibly bringing more activity

+Gives people cool ways to show off their dedication to the server

+Can help OG server members find each other better (If each event gives out new tags)

The only downside I see is that IDK how difficult that might be to implement.

i do agree with this and it would be cool but it would be a lot of work to give someone that tag to just remove later on 

Edited by Jay KAPP

3 minutes ago, Jay KAPP said:

i do agree with this and it would be cool but it would be a lot of work to give someone that tag to just remove 

The titles would be permanent and possibly interchangeable 😄

• Like 1

spacer.png

EmptiedSkies | GamingLight Member Since 2017 | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @ViperKimg ❤️

• Head Admin
26 minutes ago, Freeze said:

- Support

I mean its a fun idea and all but im not sure whether this is needed.

Would maybe make the chat even more a pain to look at sometimes and just confusing for alot of people.

going to agree with freeze here on this one -support

🤪You know who I am,

unless you don't.🤪

• Head Admin
30 minutes ago, Freeze said:

- Support

Would maybe make the chat even more a pain to look at sometimes and just confusing for alot of people.

I, along with Mikey, am going to have to -Support this. In my mind, it's just another cosmetic feature that doesn't really add to RP in my mind.

Forklift_Signature.png

On 1/16/2020 at 7:08 AM, Freeze said:

- Support

I like the idea and all, but in my eyes, it just adds more clutter to the chat and is really just unnecessary. The chat is small enough as it is, and adding that would make the text clearance really small

-/+ Support

On 1/16/2020 at 8:08 AM, Freeze said:

- Support

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

- Support

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison

- Support

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

We have events everyday, don't think we need another job to add to ourselves just for the looks.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 1/16/2020 at 8:08 AM, Freeze said:

- Support

I can see the logic in this ❤️

spacer.png

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor