Will (WTLM2013)

Change map - Denied

Recommended Posts

What you want to see? - Change maps from Rockford to Truenorth/ another map

Why should we add it? - While it is nice being back on the old Rockford map and reliving the days of when I was still a SGT in PD, I have noticed WAY too many issues in terms of performance and stability of the server. (Just today, my game has crashed three times, server crashed twice all in the span of 3 hours of me starting to play.

What are the advantages of having this? - (Hopefully) less lag and issues with crashes, extremely low frame rates, and of course rubber banding

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1601428630 (I am open to others adding other map suggestions)


- Will, PoliceRP Senior Admin
PD Colonel | SWAT Staff Sergeant | Dispatch Supervisor | SS Assistant Special Agent in Charge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or find a way to optimize the server better


TheJayden | PoliceRP PD Lieutenant | Senior Moderator |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

 


There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pooders said:

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

 

 


SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS Lieutenant | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | PoliceRP Staff Since 1/18/2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pooders said:

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-support 

- we just switched map  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pooders said:
21 minutes ago, Jeff Junior said:

-support 

- we just switched map  

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jesse said:
 
31 minutes ago, Jeff Junior said:

-support 

- we just switched map  

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

We Just Switched Maps.

Give it time honestly and have patience. This is a great man and Departments and people are adjusting to it all ready. Also, the map is laggy, give it time for SMT to fix it. Along with that, the addons and decals, etc work a lot better on this map then any other map in my opinion. 


-Ender | EMS CPT | First Response AEFRState CPT | S.W.A.T CPL | PoliceRP Senior Moderator & TS Support I | ImperialRP Gamemaster

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EnderKnight57 said:

We Just Switched Maps.

Give it time honestly and have patience. This is a great man and Departments and people are adjusting to it all ready. Also, the map is laggy, give it time for SMT to fix it. Along with that, the addons and decals, etc work a lot better on this map then any other map in my opinion. 

Give smt some time, im sure if it doesn't stop it will be looked into more but for the moment its gonna be a no


kHCqRsj.png

Proud GL Member since 2017

S.W.A.T Commander

Super Admin - PoliceRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-support   
lagg will always happen the map can hopefully be optimized anyway it’s not that bad

we just switched maps 

people love the gaminglight Rockford 


Max Holland - police rp Admin | Support III | Forum Diplomat | Discord Moderator | Police rp event team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, Pooders said:

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

 

We just switched I think we should give it a month and see how it is then I could get why you post this if it doesn't fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, Jeff Junior said:

-support 

- we just switched map  

 


ImperialRP Staff of The Month (January 2020)

                                                          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Support

We just swapped.

This is a player favorite, at least my personal favorite.

Time enough has not been given to see if the map is optimization, which, seems to be an isolated issue as I've experience no troubles.

 


- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Blitzton said:

- Support

We just swapped.

This is a player favorite, at least my personal favorite.

Time enough has not been given to see if the map is optimization, which, seems to be an isolated issue as I've experience no troubles.

 

 


TheJayden | PoliceRP PD Lieutenant | Senior Moderator |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Support

This map is very optimized.  I have no issues with  crashing and very little issues with lag.  I would recommend verifying the integrity of your Game Cache, or changing some settings in game.


Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Northy said:

-Support

This map is very optimized.  I have no issues with  crashing and very little issues with lag.  I would recommend verifying the integrity of your Game Cache, or changing some settings in game.

^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+Support

TN also gave state a greater sense of purpose, they legit had all sorts of area to patrol, especially when jurisdiction was active


IRP admin and game master, IC Commander, SRT GYSGT, EMS Captain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-support we just changed maps just let this map be a thing for a while then switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, Pooders said:

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

 

 


PD Colonel ,EMS Asst. Chief ,DS PVT

~Zage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, Freeze said:

 

That's what I figured.. guess I should have put something like this in the bug reports for the lag I guess.


- Will, PoliceRP Senior Admin
PD Colonel | SWAT Staff Sergeant | Dispatch Supervisor | SS Assistant Special Agent in Charge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- SUPPORT

While a change of scenery is nice, I don't like the idea of constantly changing maps like we have been.

It's GMOD you're bound to have preformance issues no matter what when it comes to massive multiplayer servers. 

We also just switched maps, and while this doesn't partain to me there's people in this community that might have Data caps on their home internet. (Belive me mediacom has this practice in use... which is stupid.)

Some people are working off of somewhat slow internet, constant map changes mean x time is needed for people to download maps

Truenorth wasn't too bad, my complaint with it was that it was a bit large for EMS, it still had lag.

Edited by StackableGold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StackableGold said:

- SUPPORT

While a change of scenery is nice, I don't like the idea of constantly changing maps like we have been.

It's GMOD you're bound to have preformance issues no matter what when it comes to massive multiplayer servers. 

We also just switched maps, and while this doesn't partain to me there's people in this community that might have Data caps on their home internet. (Belive me mediacom has this practice in use... which is stupid.)

Some people are working off of somewhat slow internet, constant map changes mean x time is needed for people to download maps

Truenorth wasn't too bad, my complaint with it was that it was a bit large for EMS, it still had lag.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 3:46 PM, EnderKnight57 said:

We Just Switched Maps.

Give it time honestly and have patience. This is a great man and Departments and people are adjusting to it all ready. Also, the map is laggy, give it time for SMT to fix it. Along with that, the addons and decals, etc work a lot better on this map then any other map in my opinion. 

This Map is Really good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, Max Holland said:

-support   
lagg will always happen the map can hopefully be optimized anyway it’s not that bad

we just switched maps 

people love the gaminglight Rockford 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, Pooders said:

+/- support 

+yea it would be nice we would have less lag and such

+it would have better performance 

-we just switched maps and have to give it time

-it might not be the map could just be you because ive had a good experience so far

-im sure SMT is working on these problems as we speak

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.