SCP-RP Event Server - Denied

KyleTheOne

What you want to see? - I would like to see the addition of an SCP-RP event server. Seeing as there has been a previous server for the UK side of SCP-RP I believe there are enough resources to pull this off.

Why should we add it? -  The current player base for SCPRP is fairly large. I understand that the Site 05 map is great and it covers a lot of areas but it doesn't fully capture the Global scale of the SCP Universe. Once SCPs escape you can't really expect them to stay on that one island. They want to be free, they want to roam. So why not have an event server which is able to capture the re containment on a larger scale. The MTF are called Mobile Task Force. I can hardly believe that three MTF units would always be confined to one site. They're Mobile which means they can be deployed anywhere. The addition of an Event server will also allow the event team to think of more creative and exciting events to attract more players to the server and community. Instead of GOC/CI/Serpents Hand raiding the facility all the time, there can be scenarios such as GOC/CI want an SCP. GOC want to destroy it while CI want to use it for their own gain. What about field agents? Researchers called to action outside of Site 05 to research a new possible SCP. There are endless possibilities with a new event server and it really gives the Event Team time to shine.

What are the advantages of having this? - It will remove the rinse and repeat feel of a lot of events. It also gives MTF and CI more to do than just Recontain Breached SCPs/Shoot D Class and Breaching SCPs/Recruiting D Class.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - Not currently. But there are a lot of good maps out there to use.

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle

+/- 
Would be cool to have, but would not be as usefull as you think, ET can do plenty (at least, in my opinion) on the surface we already have.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

If there is field testing invovled The Event Team would call over a few d class. Otherwise they'd have to strictly stay on the main server. I believe only one MTF unit should be called to do something on the field at a time so it would still be a challenge to escape form the facility.

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle

57 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

Waste of resources

Having two servers was a nightmare

41 minutes ago, th3 said:

Makes no sense and actually will hurt our ranking by having an event server.

Also. How would this benefit the server. (main) if all or most of et is over there. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

51 minutes ago, th3 said:

Makes no sense and actually will hurt our ranking by having an event server.

9 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

Also. How would this benefit the server. (main) if all or most of et is over there. 

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

-Support

Not in a thousand years would I ever support SCP:RP getting an event server. Having UK and US servers was hell, imagine having that happen again. 

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

7 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

Not in a thousand years would I ever support SCP:RP getting an event server. Having UK and US servers was hell, imagine having that happen again. 

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro