Better clarification on 939's distance to hear tranqs - Denied

Seeker (Tavdogg1)

What you want to see? - Better clarification on 939's distance to hear tranqs when fired upon.

Example:
-939 should be able to hear tranq when three persons close/within talking distance/939 shouldn't be able to hear tranqs.

-939's who attack people when over the distance will be considered FailRP.

Why should we add it? - Many players have gotten confused about this. Castro thinks that you shouldn't be able to hear it, while everyone else says that you should be able to hear it. This is an issue as no one knows the distance.

What are the advantages of having this? - Better clarification and fewer issues with sits.

Who is it mainly for? - 939 players and victims of 939's attack.

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by Alex B (Tavdogg11)

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

13 minutes ago, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

Castro thinks that you should be able to hear it, while everyone else says that you should be able to hear it.

???

The tranq is a beretta with a suppressor on it and I don't know if you know this but suppressors don't make guns silent. so, in conclusion, I think it would be pretty obvious that an SCP that solely relies on its hearing to navigate would be able to hear a tranq if it's fired in the same room as it.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

-Support

I think that Jakub said it best, SCP- 939 in the lore and SCP wiki says that this SCP has an accute sense of hearing, and solely relies on this hearing ability of his. Due to this nature he can hear near to anything. Also I find this a little unbalanced, if it was just SCP- 939, one or both of them if they couldn't hear the tranqs then they would be powerless if you crouch walked and didnt speak. It's just a little too unbalanced and against the lore for me, so I had to go with -support.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

9 hours ago, Glados said:

-Support

I think that Jakub said it best, SCP- 939 in the lore and SCP wiki says that this SCP has an accute sense of hearing, and solely relies on this hearing ability of his. Due to this nature he can hear near to anything. Also I find this a little unbalanced, if it was just SCP- 939, one or both of them if they couldn't hear the tranqs then they would be powerless if you crouch walked and didnt speak. It's just a little too unbalanced and against the lore for me, so I had to go with -support.

What I want is clarification on how far it can hear, not the full removal of the ability to hear. I hope you understand.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

What I'd say it's if he is roughly next to you then yes. Like 076-2 kill area. But if he is down a hallway. Then he can't.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

4 hours ago, Chief_ said:

What I'd say it's if he is roughly next to you then yes. Like 076-2 kill area. But if he is down a hallway. Then he can't.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

From a staffing point

It would just be too hard to designate a distance in-game

it's not like you can pull out your tape measure and measure off 10 feet

Ether SCP 939 can hear silenced weapons or not

-support

Edited by Rabbit

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

4 hours ago, Rabbit said:

From a staffing point

-support

I don't remember saying you can't hear tranqs. But I agree with rabbit here. 

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

13 hours ago, Rabbit said:

From a staffing point

-support

im chill with 939 hearing tranqs, bruh this keter is easy as hell to RC once called out. He also cant run after waking up from the tranq after 10-15 seconds so like... easy bruh

insert cliched signature