Give the President more power - Accepted

TerPepsi1

What you want to see? - Allow the president to have reasonable control over gun laws (i.e: illegalize guns totally, allow class 3’s, etc). Class 4s specifically should always remain illegal. Additionally, allow the president to make government disrespect illegal. Additionally, more flexibility could be granted with drug laws than weed. Additionally, a top-right HUD display with current laws could be implemented (i’ve seen this on darkrp servers) so that people don’t have to check law boards every time a new president is in power.

Why should we add it? - Allowing the President more freedom in lawmaking would make for interesting RP situations. Imagine a dictator of a president stripping people of their weapons and taxing everybody heavily. It’d make for good RP and increase variety of RP as well as give Secret Service and president assassinations a larger impact on everyone’s experience.

What are the advantages of having this? - Increase variety in RP

Who is it mainly for? - President, Secret Service, and really everyone else (everyone would be impacted by variety in laws)

Links to any content - N/A

Wanted to add something- right now, the president doesn’t feel very powerful. He has very limited control or impact on the world and so I feel this would definitely be a nice touch on the server 

+/- Support

It could be more Realistic depending on the new Authority given to the President.

People seem to minge a lot on President and IDK how this can affect anything. 

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

3 hours ago, th3 said:

+support

People will always minge

Presidents will invade iran

-supppet But out of the jokes  I dont think I wanna see people  with class 3 weapons out when I am on  gov  , 

Not only that   you would have to make an other suggestion  about corruption   because there are rules placed you cant be  corrupt   on any gov jobs 

And if this does get accepted  I think SS should  command should have s vote on it 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

2 hours ago, Hannah King said:

-supppet But out of the jokes  I dont think I wanna see people  with class 3 weapons out when I am on  gov  , 

Not only that   you would have to make an other suggestion  about corruption   because there are rules placed you cant be  corrupt   on any gov jobs 

And if this does get accepted  I think SS should  command should have s vote on it 

^^

But I do agree that there should be changes made to maby being president more apealing, just not these ones.

Gl!

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

+support. The suggestion is about giving more power to the president, making other class of guns legal was just an example he gave. If accepted SMT can decide what powers the president could decide. They would have to be atleast somewhat reasonable as to not be too confusing or corrupt 

6 hours ago, Hannah King said:

I also dont like the laws in the top its so annoying

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

+ Support

Going off of my previous experiences as President, the only real powers given to him in terms of integration into the game are pretty limited in terms of RP scope (taxes don't really matter as let's be honest, the salary for jobs are pretty minuscule when looking at that compared to what Bitcoin can do, lottos and warrant requests don't really apply as power IMO, and while the law board can make for some good RP, I don't see it being used very often in my experience). Giving him more power to an extent could allow more fun and dedicated presidents, interesting RP, and a better experience on the job overall.

As for your suggestions:
- I do support the idea of letting the President ban guns outright, but legalizing Class 3 weapons is pretty out there. It would lead to some top tier chaos on the server and is pretty self-explanatory when you think about it.
- I'm neutral on the government disrespect thing.
- Allowing more flexibility on drug laws could be nice, but there should be a list of drugs that cannot be made legal (E.X. Cocaine) if this is implemented.
- Gonna be honest, a HUD display for laws would be pretty annoying and distracting. If that is implemented as well, it should be made toggleable for the people that don't like it or not implemented at all.

• Head Admin
7 hours ago, grunt22fox said:

+ Support

Going off of my previous experiences as President, the only real powers given to him in terms of integration into the game are pretty limited in terms of RP scope (taxes don't really matter as let's be honest, the salary for jobs are pretty minuscule when looking at that compared to what Bitcoin can do, lottos and warrant requests don't really apply as power IMO, and while the law board can make for some good RP, I don't see it being used very often in my experience). Giving him more power to an extent could allow more fun and dedicated presidents, interesting RP, and a better experience on the job overall.

As for your suggestions:
- I do support the idea of letting the President ban guns outright, but legalizing Class 3 weapons is pretty out there. It would lead to some top tier chaos on the server and is pretty self-explanatory when you think about it.
- Allowing more flexibility on drug laws could be nice, but there should be a list of drugs that cannot be made legal (E.X. Cocaine) if this is implemented.
- Gonna be honest, a HUD display for laws would be pretty annoying and distracting. If that is implemented as well, it should be made toggleable for the people that don't like it or not implemented at all.

+Support, I need to be able to start war with anyone and anything at anytime.

But in all seriousness, I do think the there should be more to what the president can do other than make laws and set taxes as the current abilities are "weak" so to say.

Forklift_Signature.png

46 minutes ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

+Support, I need to be able to start war with anyone and anything at anytime.

But in all seriousness, I do think the there should be more to what the president can do other than make laws and set taxes as the current abilities are "weak" so to say.

And I  do believe ss should bring up there role play and  stop dictating the president   as I think he should do what ever he wants with his protection  by him  and the cuffing  of non civilian   classes is kinda    fail rp I'd also like that fixed ,   just cuff them take there gun away   and charge them if it's a custom class do the same thing  but do /me strips comms that' means it would be fail rp if any one brings weapons out, this should go with family's  to, but yea you can do alot you  aspect  the presidents rp as well 

Edited by Hannah King

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:30 PM, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

+support. The suggestion is about giving more power to the president, making other class of guns legal was just an example he gave. If accepted SMT can decide what powers the president could decide. They would have to be atleast somewhat reasonable as to not be too confusing or corrupt 

+Support

Would be best if SMT decided on the specifics

spacer.png

+/- support

+The President job is very dull. There's nothing more than basing in attempt to stay hidden from criminals, and it gets boring within minutes. There are very few things he can do to change laws, and it really feels like there should be more

-This, however, is not the way the issue really needs to be fixed. Yes I do believe the President should have more control over what laws can be made, but that isn't enough. What we need is more responsibilities and exiting RP opportunities for the President job

On 1/5/2020 at 11:32 PM, grunt22fox said:

+ Support

As for your suggestions:

+Support

spacer.png

On 1/4/2020 at 10:30 PM, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

I wanted to add something- as of right now, the president has the power to completely strip civilian income from taxes. From an immersion standpoint, this is a much bigger move than legalizing class 3’s or mushrooms.

As said above, the class 3 thing was an idea. Personally, I think thst the president should be able to allow class 3’s with licenses at the maximum (up to SMT’s discretion) , because it would give gun licenses more of a point.

However, I absolutely think the president should have more control over drug laws (at least allow mushrooms, maybe LSD? cocaine and heroin can stay illegal).

The idea here is to give the president more flexibility in terms of RP. Government disrespect, banning guns and skyrocketing taxes is a way of role playing a dictatorship. Giving out gun licenses for class 3’s would give a president’s gun license ability more weight.

Overall, everything specific here is to be taken with a grain of salt. However, I think the general consensus is that the president should have more power as, right now, the “president” is more of a state governor or mayor (which is fine, but at least rename the job “governor?”)

On 1/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, EnderKnight57 said:

+/- Support

It could be more Realistic depending on the new Authority given to the President.

People seem to minge a lot on President and IDK how this can affect anything. 

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:30 AM, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

• 2 weeks later...