Character Profiles / Backstories - Accepted

Araniel

What you want to see? Similar to how ImperialRP Forums have a “Character Backstories” section, I also wish for the SCP-RP forums to have the same.

Why should we add it? By adding “Character Profiles / Backstories” section to the SCP-RP forums, this will be a fun addition to the server. As it will allow players to write about their characters especially since we have many high profile players with eccentric personalities, additionally we will be having our own SCP Personal / Dossier similar to the SCP website, it’ll also allow for more RP opportunities especially when we’re having events or creating test-logs, interviews, incidents, etc. There will also be rules, when creating a character profile / backstory, to ensure it’s apart of the lore and not meta gaming. 

[Note] Apologies for the confusion, but the rules I wrote earlier were meant as an example. They were not actual rules that were going to be implemented, I was merely making an example and from the looks of it, it has caused some sort of confusion. So again I apologise.

What are the advantages of having this? 
-
Again it will be a fun addition for everyone, as some players might wanna write about themselves similar to how on the SCP Website, there are a list of eccentric characters working in the foundation.

- This can be a form of introduction for newer players, to learn about the people on the server. This can also attract more serious players, especially SCP Fans into joining the server and taking part in the RP.

- It’ll allow also again allow for more RP opportunities, for example “Intelligence Agents” can interview players suspected to be apart of a GOI through looking at their character profile. As most of the time, “Intelligence Agents” are mostly just walking around or assisting security or MTF. Another example is that “MTF’s” can do the same and interview player suspected of being GOI, SCP, etc. 

Who is it mainly for? Everyone.

Links to any content:

Edited by Felwinter

4 minutes ago, Gunther said:

As much as I like the idea, it seems a bit unnecessary. Custom Jobs already do this, but its because they choose to.

If it’s unnecessary for you don’t make one, not everyone has a custom job and some of those people might want to do this

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

39 minutes ago, BadAim said:

If it’s unnecessary for you don’t make one, not everyone has a custom job and some of those people might want to do this

The CC's have nothing to do with my reasoning. I only mentioned them because its easier to keep track of, being that all CC's come with a small description about their character. This story is shared among all of them, not just individual members of that CC. Its not just unnecessary, it would be unreasonably impossible to keep track of. How is anyone going to RP with someone's backstory if everyone's is different. It would be different if the backstory didn't impact the RP in any way, it would just be an added touch. But since he's proposing that it would impact RP, i.e, "If your character is a double agent of another GOI, it must be “ambiguous” meaning it’s unclear and imprecise, as this will both allow you to role play but prevent you from breaking rules.", trying to remember and manage hundreds of players different individual backstories would be a nightmare.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

5 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

+Support

Why not?

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+/- Support

I see a lot of people thinking this is unessesary, I also see a bunch of people who like the idea. I think its a decent idea, but then you get a bunch of people saying, "I came from the mystical land of narnia and I have an infinite knowledge of all SCPs". If this wasn't an enforcable rule we'd have to believe it within RP, I think it would get to the point of feeling more like homework than a video game. So Im sorta leaning towards -support, but I wouldnt be apposed to having this implemented in some way.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:59 PM, Rookieblue said:

+ Support

I think it's a great way for some people to get more involved in the server and go further in-depth with their RP.

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

8 hours ago, Glados said:

+/- Support

I see a lot of people thinking this is unessesary, I also see a bunch of people who like the idea. I think its a decent idea, but then you get a bunch of people saying, "I came from the mystical land of narnia and I have an infinite knowledge of all SCPs". If this wasn't an enforcable rule we'd have to believe it within RP, I think it would get to the point of feeling more like homework than a video game. So Im sorta leaning towards -support, but I wouldnt be apposed to having this implemented in some way.

I lean more towards +Support with this, but rules will need to be set in place for this. Maybe give staff the ability to remove the player's backstory or someone can void them if it's rule-breaking.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.