Allow Research HMRs to participate in recontaining 457 - Accepted

Breen

What you want to see? -  Allow research to recontain SCP-457s

Why should we add it? - We have the Hazardous Materials Researcher job for SR+ members, which has an infinite fire extinguisher. Previously one of their jobs was dealing with SCP457, either breached or in a test. Requiring strictly MTF to use fire extinguishers on 457 and not allowing the job specializing in hazardous materials completely makes the job redundant. It would also make SCP-457 a little less of a pain to recontain as it is no longer restricted to MTF, who have enough to deal with.

What are the advantages of having this? - Research gets more of a role in the foundation. We barely have a purpose as it is when it comes to active rp.

Who is it mainly for? - Research members, the foundation as a whole

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by Breen

gog

+Support We have basically nothing contributing to the Self-Breaching thing going on so this will help us

Edited by The Light

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

On 1/2/2020 at 4:28 PM, The Light said:

+Support We have basically nothing contributing to the Sel-Breaching thing going on so this will help us

Gives them a real purpose to the job.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

+support

I find it hard to believe that MTF are the only ones who know how to use a fire extinguisher on 457

Edited by Glados
Grammatical Error x2

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

-Support

Research aren't supposed to be re-containing SCPs

MTF/RCF/Gensec exist, if they aren't doing they're job, that's on their command members

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

6 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

MTF/RCF/Gensec exist, if they aren't doing they're job, that's on their command members

we are literally the ones who stop its self breaching. I don't see why a job that deals with HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, with an INFINITE FIRE EXTINGUISHER, should not be allowed to extinguish a flame. It's not like 457 has a complex recontainment procedure or one related to combat. Research already has to sit inside bunks and wait for things to become safer. It is not always a situation of them "not doing their job" sometimes they are short-staffed or busy with more important issues. Research already has a specialized job that experienced researchers are allowed to use, and it's not stealing their job, it's helping them out and not burdening everything on MTF/RCF. 

gog

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 10:14 AM, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

-support

No one plays 457 as is, adding this will be a solid nerf to 457 because it's already so easy to re-contain him

also its straight-up stealing MTF and Gen-sec job why join either when you can re-contain SCP's as research

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

+Support 

I thought this job was originally added for this exact purpose lol

The job is only available to those of rank SR+ in research, I don't think it would be that big of a nerf to 457 Recontainment procedures to let them help out

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png