Player Model change for Technicians - Denied

Davedvch

What do you want to see? - A new player model for the technician job.

Why should we add it? - I've been told by many people today and for the last week that the model currently used for the technician job is ugly, low-res, and overall doesn't fit into the server's aesthetic at all. I've looked over the workshop and I think I found one modification that should cover this issue, however I fear that it may not be added in order to keep the server's stability. 

What are the advantages of having this? - A lot of people seem to make fun of technicians for having the ugly player model, which might scare new players away from the division entirely (in order to avoid bullying and such). By using this add-on, though not assured, it should cover the issue and allow people to safely come into the technical branch without fearing looking like a level-2 sex offender. 

Who is it mainly for? - Mainly for technical, so that we don't look like we're about to abduct you in a white van.

Links to any content -  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1292204702&searchtext=construction+worker

+Support, Tech's been needing new models for a whle now

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

3 hours ago, Gunther said:

The file size on the new one might be too big.

+Support if Igneous is cool with it

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Technical has been in need of a new player model for awhile, the current model causes a few issues with our branches' appearance and interaction with other players:

• We don't look very respectable due to the creepy grinning face & goofy moustache
  • We are often the subject of recurring jokes about being overweight
  • People seem to expect us to be mingy due to our appearance, which in turn attracts mingy people to want to join the branch

A large part of the perception of a branch undeniably comes from how the branch is visually represented, and we've had to battle against a mingy branch perception for a long time. I think getting this other model approved could do great things for how we are seen when we're wandering the halls and setting up work sites for RP.

Reaper tried to get this skin approved when he was HOT before; This model seems to be a thing that keeps coming back up that people would enjoy seeing added. I am a huge supporter of this idea, although the filesize is going to maybe be a hard get.

Either way, I think a change in playermodel or addition of a second more serious playermodel is something that we could really benefit from in Technical, seeing as the branch is starting to grow in size a little bit and we're trying to take things a little more seriously now. I think this model could definitely help technical be taken a little more seriously in RP.

+Support

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

I apologize for bumping threads, but if the file size is too big; I think I've found a model-pack that cuts the size in half. It's a HL2 beta playermodel pack that contains something that looks like technicians within them. If this gets rejected ill post a new app with the smaller addon.

On 1/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, CookieHugger21 said:

I would love this if it was adding in but it's 66 MB, that is fairly big man 

+/- support 

-DDOU Cookie

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

On 1/7/2020 at 12:18 AM, Susel said:

Wait isn't a part of this already on the server? Like the orange command model that really looks like d-class? 

On another note: +support

It looks similar, but it's not the same model. 

Engineers have this one (not sure if this is the exact model pack but this does contain the model for sure): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1664236076&searchtext=black+mesa

Engineers have more of a bright orange jumpsuit with russian text on the back, and slightly brighter orange sleeves. The proposed pack in this thread has a darker tan jumpsuit with orange sleeves. Also different helmets which look way better.

I'd honestly be down to take this pack and use the orange suit model in it to replace the current engineer/low command skin, and let the non-command technicians use the green jumpsuit skin. This could be a good compromise for the 66MB filesize if we were to remove the command playermodel in favor of this pack / using the orange suit skin from this pack. This would also be nice because Tech command would stop getting lit up on sight by MTF/Security forces because of our passing resemblance to D class. (The tan/orange skin from the proposed pack looks a little more visually distinct from a D class imo)

Either that or we'd probably let the senior techs use the orange skin while all other techs use the green one, if we kept the current command engineer skin in addition to adding the new pack.

compare.png

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

On 1/2/2020 at 4:17 PM, A Squad of Illagers (Jukebox) said:

+Support

The current models look like fucking pedophiles

Yes

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||