Police Radar Gun - Denied

Adams

What you want to see? - A radar gun for all PD officers

Why should we add it? - There are multiple reason why I believe we should add this. First, I think that it would add a lot more RP for civilian and officer interaction, I also believe that it would give officers something to do rather than just follow civs around. Secondly, I don't understand why we have fines in the penal code for speeding when we can't even tell what speed someone is actually going. Finally, It is a small addition that could add so much...

What are the advantages of having this? - More RP, better RP (having a reason to stop someone for speeding), gives officers something to do with downtime, make the ticket book actually used.

Who is it mainly for? - Police officers/State (Not tac units)

Links to any content - https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/3660 (I would even be willing to pay for it. Also, this is mainly just for the handheld radar. Would could put the stationary radar systems up, but that would be up to SMT)

Edited by C. Perkins | 101

821676217_DepComm.png.3402eedfdd021c7600f3e857732712d6.png

+support cause I see someone speeding then I pull them over and I say the police department can’t offerd radar guns so I take it by eye 

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

2 hours ago, Alton said:

I am fairly sure this has been suggested before, and it got denied. I'd still like to see it added tho.

This has been denied over and over again, mainly cause 90% causes issues or doesnt work properly.

It be nice to get it added but we'd need to find a proper and working one.

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

18 hours ago, Burboon boi said:

+support but just like the CAD its been denied time and time again

I love to see it implemented if possible.

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 12/29/2019 at 12:08 PM, Masterson said:

While I'd love to have this for PD/State, I previously made a post on this and it was denied.  

I wish it was accepted or a CAD system or something of the sort

Trooper SGT PD SM SPRT SGT DOC SGT CO SS SSO SPHP Head PM | LOA

Noah Jimes

This has suggestion has already been died sadly! This is because it causes many issues that are to long for a list.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 12/29/2019 at 4:56 PM, Burboon boi said:

+support but just like the CAD its been denied time and time again

Currently a member of the Support Team, SRT, Dispatcher, EMS, and PD SM.

Former Senior moderator, SWAT, Event Team, Secret Service, DD, and State Police.

- Support

While I do support the idea of there being radar guns for PD as it would definitely increase RP, controlling cars in VCMod is already extremely hard and adding the factor of speed would be incredibly difficult. While you can tell your speed in cruise control, not everyone uses it, and without proper integration into VCMod it would be impossible for users (including gov) to see what speeds they were going unless they were using cruise control or in First Person mode with a working speedometer. There's also the point of increased lag and working add-ons and to be honest, we can just go off of eye, from what I've seen there is a clear line between flooring it and trying to control your vehicle somewhat. Pretty sure this has already been said many times before though so lol