Ray Shield for Brig

ArsonTM

What do you want to see? - 

I would like to see the doors in the brig be changed to the texture linked at the bottom (i.e Ray Shields instead of doors)

Why should we add it? - 

It would be very useful for shock to see who is in what cell. For reasons such as if they need to interrogate someone or someone was accidently arrested and needs to be released immediately.

What are the advantages of having this? -

It is lore/rp friendly. Additionally if there is more than one person in jail and Shock or someone with authorization/clearance to enter the brig to speak/interrogate someone, It is far easier than just guessing cell numbers and opening random cells hoping to find them. As well as if there are multiple people locked in the brig it will prevent their cell door being accidently opened and a prisoner being released. And as I mentioned above, if someone is accidently arrested it is imperative that they be released immediately and the new texture will enable that to happen faster.  

Who is it mainly for? -

Shock 

Links to any content - 

models/props_combine/portalball001_sheet

Looks something like this

image.png.466583bc9af444e79b80087585a68d95.png

(Credit to Security Director Krung for finding the texture) 

spacer.png

Don't think you can as it is apart of the map and would require editing the map.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

45 minutes ago, Dredgen said:

Don't think you can as it is apart of the map and would require editing the map.

Wouldn’t you just be able to materialize the doors? You can materialize world entities right?
+1

Edited by John Afro

Former Shock Vice Commander
Former Sen Mod  Former Security Director

10 hours ago, Dredgen said:

Adding on to what John Afro said already, you can materalize the doors and then perma prop the doors. Doesn't hurt to try that method, if it doesn't work then trying some other way of making it so Shock can see who is in which cell. 

Tried materializing it. You can't. Soooo the only way to do this is editing the map. Still a -Support for me.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

23 minutes ago, Rose said:

+ Support 

Another alternative to editing the map is locking the cells open and using fading doors in their place connected to buttons that shock can have access to if the doors can’t be changed themselves

Only problem with that is that vading doors won't really work with a button once the person DCs you can't perma prop a fading door and button that'll work together. 

16 hours ago, Toxic Venom said:

Only problem with that is that vading doors won't really work with a button once the person DCs you can't perma prop a fading door and button that'll work together. 

Yes you can I’ve done it before on multiple servers that I was a head builder on it just required Door Keypads and not normal keypads

Kenneth Kings

On 1/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, Rose said:

Yes you can I’ve done it before on multiple servers that I was a head builder on it just required Door Keypads and not normal keypads

Yea you said buttons tho not the keycard scanners which would work. Buttons won't stay connected if perma propped.