Freeze - false warn appeal

Will

• Head Admin

Your In-game: Will (Mill at the time)

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:129363914

The admin's name in-game: SWAT CMDR Freeze XBA1

The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL]Potatoking1008

What warning did you receive: RDM

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): https://gaminglight.com/bans/player/76561198218993556

Why do you think this warn was false: While it really is only a matter of a single character, I should have been warned for ARDM at most.

Any extra information:

To explain the situation, I was basing at the garage near the BP gas station trying to set up a fading door with a button (which I had been working on for the past half hour or so) which while working I hear the door being lockpicked (or at least sounds that continued for a few seconds sounding like it was). I decided to confront the intruder by opening the door and meeting face to face with a gun to their head. Without thinking (or before I had a chance to recognize who was at my door), I had shot Yobo in the vest.

I decided to try and rp it out by saying things like "What the hell are you doing here, this is private property!?" and "Get outta here before I shoot you again for trespassing!" which he did leave after a few seconds. He then returned with a rifle and killed me in my door.

Thinking nothing of it, I confronted him in PMs saying things along the lines of it being RDMish and mingey to come back and now me down.

He then claims was it was ARDM that I shot him and created a sit. Freeze was the admin in the sit (seeing Yobo requested a senior admin) which I was fine with seeing we both knew each other. While I was restating similar things I said before I died and in PMs, I will admit it was a defense similar to a fort made of toilet paper and very weak.

Seeing that I had family over (see my LOA), my mom told me to get off and visit which I was not comfortable with knowing it would look like I was trying to get out of the sit. I informed freeze which freeze asked what Yobo wanted to have happen.

I was then warned for RDM. While I understand that there really was no chance to review the warning with me or give me a verbal, I can understand how Freeze came to this conclusion.

I will restate what I said before and say that it was pure instinct and nothing more than a misclick at most. While I do regret not owning this mistake in the sit like I should have, I do want it to be on record that I would never intentionally break a rule (and I hope others could back me up on that). I am always hesitant when shooting, especially on Crim.

This warning (in my mind) really should have been a verbal warning seeing I never get called into these kinds of sits as the rule breaker. I hope others can see this story from my perspective and why I am choosing to appeal it.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Will (WTLM2013)
Spelling

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

+/- support (I love you will no offense)

so the reason why I went with -/+ support si because it says in the staff handbook to hand out verbal warnings for this unless a warn needs to take place to basically prove a point, as well as it would have been ARDM if anything, again I am taking the evidence from what will said but I would love to hear freezes point of view on this, I can already kinda see both point of views, and think it should be a verbal warn instead of a warn. Again freezes point of view can change my stated opinion 

• Like 1

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

- Support

I dont want to seem like a dick but it was at his discretion at the end of the day. 

This situation started when I was chasing a person on foot towards Gas Station and then lost him. So I went to the nearest house to see if they saw them or not. 

This house happens to be will's. (Or Mills at the time)

I then knocked on the door the 4 times. I heard someone inside so I knocked again. Will then unlocks the door and Immediately shoots me with a pistol point blank..

He didnt advert get back or get off my property..

He had no KOS signs out.. No building signs.. 

Last time I checked you cant open fire at someone for Knocking on your front door.

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

I dont like warning staff ever, 

the porblem is I need to treat everyone the same way, you as a admin *in the books should be above this. It was a valid report and I came to the conclusion it was ARDM (mistake in warning). As your a admin you should know you cant ARDM. Because I wanted you to go without a warning I asked yobo if a apalogy was enough for the sit to be dealth with. It wasnt so I (had) to go over into warning you. Yes I could have given you a verbal warning but that would set a bad example of "staff can get away with anything without getting warned".

If you got any questions put them below

Edited by Freeze

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

• Head Admin
14 hours ago, LiveBait said:

-support

You can't just randomly kill someone for being on your property as you know you should warn them three times and then take action

I know but I really was not thinking at the time. I really don't know how to say it, but it was what felt right seeing it was the first time I was getting "raided" and adrenaline must have gotten to me.

I really am sorry about doing it. Even if you don't want to here my apology, I just want you to atleast know I regret my actions, even if I wasn't thinking straight at the time.

• Head Admin
8 hours ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

-Support, You're a really nice guy Will but this is still ARDM, This shouldn't have any effect on you will, You can get it removed in the future sometime. It doesn't define you. It's just a mistake you can learn from.

True, however it still gives me the equivalent of a panic attack when it happens (or at least my first warn gave me that experience). Plus, I can't remove the warns any more (nor could I have ever done so) and I just don't want these warns to stick with me forever, tarnishing my record.

Oh well I guess...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

True, however it still gives me the equivalent of a panic attack when it happens (or at least my first warn gave me that experience). Plus, I can't remove the warns any more (nor could I have ever done so) and I just don't want these warns to stick with me forever, tarnishing my record.

Oh well I guess...

I can probably understand that more than most, You just have to take some time to relax so you can evaluate the situation before deciding the best course of action.

image.png.6c1afb0b5b9981e79282fcee3d342bfb.png