Map Suggestion

Aaron Faustin

What you want to see? -  (After the Holiday Season) I would like to see our map get switched to the older custom GamingLight map we used known as the "Highway Map" The current map we've been using is a great map and all but it would be nice to see a fresh map once in a while and see some more creative base designs and new things to work with when it comes to basing and just RP'ing in general

Why should we add it? - I think the general community would enjoy a fresh map to RP in. Could keep players interested by spicing things up a bit.

What are the advantages of having this? - Would make things less repretitive by allowing for newer, fresher RP scenarios. This may also spark some more creative thinking for general suggestions for the server.

Who is it mainly for? - Literally everyone in the GL PRP community.

Links to any content - N/A

On a side-note if you dont know what im talking about when i say "Highway Map" I'm not sure of any official name for it but it had beach houses, suburbs, the Long Highway straight down the center of the map, etc.

MAJOR EDIT (Please Read before commenting):After reading over some of the comments and input people have given i am going to slightly change the direction of this post is suggesting, The reason i chose the highway map to suggest is because it was one of my personal favorites and i know many other people enjoyed it too, However i see that some people favor other maps and not really highway map So to get to the point, I am now making this suggestion to be just change the map from one we've been on for a while now and to continue to change the map every x amount of time.  (However long SMT see fit) The main reason i want this to happen is because frankly this is the main reason i added the suggestion, I just chose Highway Map because it was one of my favorites but i wouldn't really mind whatever map SMT wanted to change to, Maybe have a Vote on the forums or something.

Conclusion: I am suggesting we change the map (after the holiday map) to something like Highway Map/The Good Rockford Map/or maybe even a new custom map entirely and to continue a cycle of changing the map every x amount of time. Maybe every 6 months or something. This would most certainly create less burnout among the playerbase by switching up the map and therefore the day to day gameplay.

PS: Please do not post anything other than a +Support, -Support, Or Neutral unless you are giving Constructive Feedback. I don't want arguments or pointless replies in this thread, Thank you.

Edited by The.Batman (Faustin)

MAJOR +++ Support

ive wanted this map, ITS A BUET 

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

The problem is, in my time here, for the last 3 years weve been switching maps back and forth, to new and olds ones. We can never make everyone happy. We switch maps when we know there is a huge ask for it. For myself I dont mind change but I dont mind staying on the current ones

Whatever map is best for the people/server im in.

+/- Support

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

10 hours ago, Freeze said:

The problem is, in my time here, for the last 3 years weve been switching maps back and forth, to new and olds ones. We can never make everyone happy. We switch maps when we know there is a huge ask for it. For myself I dont mind change but I dont mind staying on the current ones

+/- Support

Yes, And i think this is good that we have switched maps this sorta what i'm trying to say. We have these few maps we've switched between after a year or so on it (more or less) and i think it's not because any of these maps are bad or unplayable by any means but i think it would be cool to once in a while, (yearly or so) switch the map to something else.

So yes i understand that weve switched maps before but i think in my opinion it's beneficial for server to do so especially when the maps we use are all viable options and each have people in the community who prefer that particular map.

10 hours ago, Max Holland said:

That map has its problems. 

I honestly think a newer map would be better

Ehhh, Maybe. But that would take a'lot of time and effort if Zeeptin decided to do that. I would however argue the validity of your statement in saying that the map has problems. We ran that map for a long time so it couldn't really have had any major problems, The only thing i think should be fixed on the map is the cars always getting stuck in the middle of the GL signs LOL.

When you make these suggestions, can you please include the link to the map and the add-ons. 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

3 hours ago, Calamity said:

When you make these suggestions, can you please include the link to the map and the add-ons. 

The high way map he means is not aviable as a workshop addon or something to prevent other servers from using it. Its in 1 of the costum gl addons

• Like 1

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

-support  the dev would have to fix the map and its issues first starting with that broken button  what restarts the server  this map isnt even that good its tiny bit bigger than Rockford newnorth honestly was the best map police  rp had , not only that but like max said the unstablity  of the map will give you very low  fps     and with our player base now , even though my most favorite   memorys  are on this map   the time yukis  became a thing my  castle I had at beach houses   ,  seeing all my friends at tmod/ mod   and most of them are smt members 

Edited by Hannah King

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

On 12/26/2019 at 7:41 PM, EternityAgar said:

Old map old memories. Needs to be back 

Huge +Support

its great to hjave a map change every few months, I think we should definitely try the custom GL map again as many people have had good memories on it and it hasnt been used in a while.

• Like 1

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

52 minutes ago, Masterson said:

+support

After Rockford, run it for a couple months. If it gets good feedback then keep it for a while.

Took the words right out of my mouth. while we can’t make everyone happy. You can make the majority happy and it seems to me the majority wants this. I love this map and. it is easier for all departments. DOC, State, SS, FBI, PD, and all tax units in General, gives all non governmental jobs more free space to move, base, and more realistic rp. this map also has a court house on the second floor that A LOT more people enjoyed because people wanted to be judges because there was a place for them!

Trooper SGT PD SM SPRT SGT DOC SGT CO SS SSO SPHP Head PM | LOA

Noah Jimes

• Manager
On 12/25/2019 at 8:22 PM, Freeze said:

+/- Support

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

-Support

-Highway map was really small and you run out of things to do very quickly. I wouldn't mind a map change, but if there is one, it needs to be the size of the Rockford we used before Truenorth or bigger. 

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

- Support
\/\/\/\/\/

3 minutes ago, ViperKimg said:

-Support

-Highway map was really small and you run out of things to do very quickly. I wouldn't mind a map change, but if there is one, it needs to be the size of the Rockford we used before Truenorth or bigger. 

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

On 12/25/2019 at 7:22 PM, Freeze said:

+/- Support

On 12/25/2019 at 7:28 PM, Max Holland said:

That map has its problems. 

I honestly think a newer map would be better

2 hours ago, Hannah King said:

-support  the dev would have to fix the map and its issues first starting with that broken button  what restarts the server  this map isnt even that good its tiny bit bigger than Rockford newnorth honestly was the best map police  rp had , not only that but like max said the unstablity  of the map will give you very low  fps     and with our player base now , even though my most favorite   memorys  are on this map   the time yukis  became a thing my  castle I had at beach houses   ,  seeing all my friends at tmod/ mod   and most of them are smt members 

45 minutes ago, Nimo said:

13 minutes ago, ViperKimg said:

-Support

9 minutes ago, Blitzton said:

- Support
\/\/\/\/\/

Just wanted to quickly notify everyone who wasn't on board already that i have made a quite large edit to the suggestion and i think it's important that you see it in case you change your mind, If not that's okay however i want to make sure the suggestion is added/denied for all the right reasons and i don't think it's right that i make the suggestion specifically one map. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Assault said:

To be completely honest lets get the OG Rockford Map back. That was a good map most people were satisfied with.

Rockford gets annoying to much if it's like the one we had before  because all you do is drive in circles 

• Gaminglight Love 1

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

7 hours ago, ViperKimg said:

-Support

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4