Allow DoUSR + to Authorize the Nuke - Denied

Rookieblue

Should the the DoUSR + Be Able to Authorize the Nuke?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the the DoUSR + Be Able to Authorize the Nuke?

• Yes
    • No

What you want to see? - I would like to see the permission required to authorize the nuclear weapon reduced to the Director of Utility, Security, and Research +.

Why should we add it? - This would allow two additional personnel (who are currently trusted ranking members of the staff/event team) the ability to authorize the nuke. This increases the pool of people able to authorize a full RP reset if one would be needed.

What are the advantages of having this? - Increases the number of people able to authorize the nuke by two, and based on how the site administration positions are set up, anyone in those positions is generally considered very trustworthy.

Who is it mainly for? - Site Admin personnel, the entire server

Links to any content - N/A

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

+Support

I think this would be a great thing.

I'm not biased in any way sort of form. Nope. Nopers. Nah.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

+Support, with the self-breaching things, Defcon 1 scenarios have been happening a lot more now and occur easier. Having an extra person able to set off the nuke and RP reset would help a lot more now.

-/+Support, for the sole reason being that once someone not staff or ET becomes DoURS they will have access as well.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

+Support, with the self-breaching things, Defcon 1 scenarios have been happening a lot more now and occur easier. Having an extra person able to set off the nuke and RP reset would help a lot more now.

That position either way is gonna be a trusted person there also site administration so it makes rp sense

~Mervin

9 hours ago, Hoovy said:

+Support

99.9% no bias here. Also I just want to point out he wants Site Admin+ to have the ability to nuke.

Edited by Catsro

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

11 hours ago, Hoovy said:

+Support

Makes sense. Cause right now only 05 can activate it. With the server getting more chaotic we may need to use nukes more. ANd the DOUSR and the DOC know their site. They both should know. I fell like the DOC should mainly have the power to do it but if there is a DOC on and a DOUSR on. The DOC should be contacted first if the DOUSR is going to activate the nuke as the DOC knows if its MTF force can contain the breach. If there is no DOC on then RIP the site cause hoovy is gonna wrek us.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+ Support

Let's look at this rationally. Nuke has to be authorized by Event Team Leader+ if no SMT are available (correct me if I'm outdated) or SMT in general. They also have to be DSD+ to authorize and activate it. If 682 breaches the surface and the server is actively DEAD from the amount of breaches, D-Class rioting, etc. Then it's possible that someone would likely try to activate the nuke.

It's rational and should be added.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

13 hours ago, Hoovy said:

+Support

2 hours ago, Chief_ said:

Makes sense. Cause right now only 05 can activate it. With the server getting more chaotic we may need to use nukes more. ANd the DOUSR and the DOC know their site. They both should know. I fell like the DOC should mainly have the power to do it but if there is a DOC on and a DOUSR on. The DOC should be contacted first if the DOUSR is going to activate the nuke as the DOC knows if its MTF force can contain the breach. If there is no DOC on then RIP the site cause hoovy is gonna wrek us.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

20 hours ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+ Support

Let's look at this rationally. Nuke has to be authorized by Event Team Leader+ if no SMT are available (correct me if I'm outdated) or SMT in general. They also have to be DSD+ to authorize and activate it. If 682 breaches the surface and the server is actively DEAD from the amount of breaches, D-Class rioting, etc. Then it's possible that someone would likely try to activate the nuke.

Retired E11 CMDR | Retired Admin | CI CPT |  Event Team Member

20 hours ago, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+ Support

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 12/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, Dr. Ternith Plague said:

+ Support

I +Support this since Site Admins are supposed to be the really trustworthy people and they should have access for the Nuke when the foundation has gone to hell.

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

-/+
I don’t think they should have that much power to do such a thing. DOC Takes care of MTF, DOUSR, take care of the bunch branches. While the Site Director { n/a at this time} takes care of everything. Now I believe if the site administrator were to have gain permission from the O5 members, then it be good. But I really hope it wouldn’t be for such little thing, like a 10 min CI raid, or two keter SCP that is out, that if coordinated teamwork, can easily be taken care of in 5 minutes tops. 
- change my mind

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

11 hours ago, Samm said:

At that point 05 would nuke. Doesn't really make sense.

Yeah. If there are O5 on they would nuke by now. However, with no O5 on, it makes sense to activate the nuke.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:52 AM, Samm said:
14 hours ago, Alex B (Tavdogg11) said:

Yeah. If there are O5 on they would nuke by now. However, with no O5 on, it makes sense to activate the nuke.

As in talking to them on discord. And getting he perms

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

On 12/27/2019 at 12:53 PM, Ritz said:

Its a good idea.
Scenario: 

Hoovy: Hey Dogz, the site is going to shit, 5 keters are breached and CI are here. 
Dogz: Go ahead

This happens already

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro