A clarification to a rule - Accepted

BadAim

What you want to see? -  A clarification to the "SCPs cannot team" rule

Why should we add it? -  I see lots of SCPs just hanging out in the exact same spot and saying that "its not teaming since we aren't communicating" and I'd like to see this rule clarified

What are the advantages of having this? - less confusion all around

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - 

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+support,

I agree that this rule needs to be clarified. When I was staff, my rule was that if they were travelling together and fighting d-class together then it could be viewed as teaming. Another example would be if 939 and 682 were sticking together. (tho I’d only given verbal warnings for this).

while this isn’t exactly the MOTD definition I would like to see more clarification as it will help the staff team. 

A problem arises when SCP's happen to be in the same location by mere happenstance, and are unable to attack one another due to other rules in place.

If, say, 682 and 096 are attempting to get to the entrance zone, they're funneled into one of two routes, and if they're forced to fight MTF while they're both in the same rough area, that causes people to cry out "Teaming!" when the skips have nowhere else to go.

How I explain it when I give verbal/documented warnings:

- Players playing as SCPs take it upon themselves to comply with all rules that go with that SCP

- SCPs are not allowed to work together with each other, D-Class, or CI to gain an RP advantage. This includes leaving people alive to allow them to break through doors, protect them, etc.

- If there is a situation where two SCPs are attempting to get to the same area, one of the SCPs are obligated to go a different way. If they happen to meet up while roaming, that's fine, but if they both want to go to the same place, one has to take a different route, or otherwise wait for a period of time and then return on their way.

- If another player as an SCP continues following another SCP player, the followed player should make a staff call informing staff that they are not attempting to team, and are attempting to break away.

I don't think the actual rule needs to be explained more, maybe an example or two added? Otherwise, just ensure that all staff is on the same page enforcement wise.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

56 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

- Players playing as SCPs take it upon themselves to comply with all rules that go with that SCP

- SCPs are not allowed to work together with each other, D-Class, or CI to gain an RP advantage. This includes leaving people alive to allow them to break through doors, protect them, etc.

- If there is a situation where two SCPs are attempting to get to the same area, one of the SCPs are obligated to go a different way. If they happen to meet up while roaming, that's fine, but if they both want to go to the same place, one has to take a different route, or otherwise wait for a period of time and then return on their way.

- If another player as an SCP continues following another SCP player, the followed player should make a staff call informing staff that they are not attempting to team, and are attempting to break away.

I don't think the actual rule needs to be explained more, maybe an example or two added? Otherwise, just ensure that all staff is on the same page enforcement wise.

Woa

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 1:31 AM, Rookieblue said:

I think I'll just like steal this 

• Laughing 2

big cat running GIF