Rule Clarification.

Aaron Faustin

What you want to see? - Additional information added to the rule about jail-breaking

Why should we add it? - Right now it doesn't say much about jail-breaking and i would like the rule to further expand that you need to advert to jailbreak to help a family member who is in police custody. Recently i had cuffed and placed a suspect in the back of a patrol cruiser and i was immediately sprayed down in the back of the head. Regardless of how the rule was intended to be interpreted i believe it should be clarified and expanded to clearly include breaking a family member out of ANY police custody to prevent confusion and how for more realism because although it's called "Jailbreak" All you are really doing is breaking them free from the custody of the police and it should apply at any location and not just the jail. Because without clarification you could argue whether the rule is talking about the entire property of the PD, the garage, or not until they have been teleported via the jailer. Which in that case you would be allowed to run inside the PD and shoot several officers to help a family member before they have officially been through the jailer and not have to advert anything.

What are the advantages of having this? - Would allowed for less confusion and make the rule more of a standard rather than just how the staff interprets it.

Who is it mainly for? - All Gov and Staff so they don't have to interpret the rule themselves.

Links to any content - N/A

Thank you for reading everyone, I hope this made sense and i'd love if you could reply with any questions or comments you may have. If you are not leaving something constructive to the thread please just leave a Plus, Minus, Or Netural.

6 minutes ago, Zerg said:

+ support

It should be more clearer in the MOTD and would help a lot and clear up some Sits

I agree, whenever I break someone out of any custody I advert it anyway just cause idk I don’t wanna get warned for a stupid reason so I just paste /advert JAILBREAK BOIIII or smthn and ya know shots ring

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

+support

I think this should be cleared up so we can have something that is set in stone to go off of. It is confusing as of this moment. I have always thought of Jailbreak as only after they have been jailed via the Jailer NPC. But other people may not see it that way so.

spacer.png

I thought it was in the MOTD that you must advert before jailbreaking in the first place or am I just dumb? 

As far as the cars went, I specifically wouldn't really call it a "jail break" if you weren't in the jail like... the car isn't the jail? As a staff member I would never interfere with a car being blown up to release a prisoner because in that sense it wasn't "jail breaking" but rather being a nuisance to PD because some other member of the same family was making it harder for them to do their job. Of course this is something I personally done but that was just me and me alone. 

Either way, for what it's worth, you're not REALLY in jail until you're behind bars so that's how I have always looked at it and never looked at it any other way. I think the rule is fine the way that it is. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

The issue with this is;

Jail breaking is already apart of the rules in multiple spots of the MOTD and states you must /advert jailbreak to break your family member out of jail. In a perfect RP scenario your family member would be transported to jail then you would attempt a jailbreak. If we create a rule allowing family members to assist their members in custody to help them escape, it opens up the doors for more FailRP on either A) The PD officer if multiple family members are present and have guns drawn or B) The family trying to assist their member, by spraying down a police vehicle as it's driving away and in RP those bullets could kill/harm your own member. This can also create situations where family members intentionally break a law to get arrested for the sole purpose of their family members rolling up and killing the PD involved created a grey area for cop bait.

In my experience if you are in handcuffs and the PD officer is present, family members can advert /assist to help you break free. So would that be something that you would want more clarification on in the MOTD then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Friendly Steve said:

The issue with this is;

Jail breaking is already apart of the rules in multiple spots of the MOTD and states you must /advert jailbreak to break your family member out of jail. In a perfect RP scenario your family member would be transported to jail then you would attempt a jailbreak. If we create a rule allowing family members to assist their members in custody to help them escape, it opens up the doors for more FailRP on either A) The PD officer if multiple family members are present and have guns drawn or B) The family trying to assist their member, by spraying down a police vehicle as it's driving away and in RP those bullets could kill/harm your own member. This can also create situations where family members intentionally break a law to get arrested for the sole purpose of their family members rolling up and killing the PD involved created a grey area for cop bait.

In my experience if you are in handcuffs and the PD officer is present, family members can advert /assist to help you break free. So would that be something that you would want more clarification on in the MOTD then?

Are you saying it is a rule to advert assist when assisting a family member in ANY kind of criminal activity such as helping them escape handcuffs via killing the cop? Or would they be allowed to do it without adverting?

And Also Yes, I would like you to put that clarification in the rulebook, I just wanted clarification in general regardless of how you decide the situations should be handled, However you think it should be handled is what i think should be clarified. 

I hope that makes sense lol.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:20 PM, Zerg said:

+ support

It should be more clearer in the MOTD and would help a lot and clear up some Sits

it would also smooth the role play experience for all gov and crim jobs

Trooper SGT PD SM SPRT SGT DOC SGT CO SS SSO SPHP Head PM | LOA

Noah Jimes

On 12/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, Masterson said:

+support

I do feel this is a very grey area, and while it should be more clear its not. But on the other hand there not exactly in arrested. 

But this would clear up some sits, and make this rule a lot more black and white. 

Plz yes this would be very nice

Many of you do not know me, some of y'all do-ICON

SCU DEPUTY COMMANDER,PD CPT,EMS,DELTA SQUAD,TROOPER,FBI