Should I become Senior admin?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Senior Admin?

• Yes
    • No

1. What is your in-game name?: Rektify

2. What is your steam name?: [GL] Rektify

3. What is your steam ID? : STEAM_0:0:797820

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, I have been Admin on a Zombie rp server twice.

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) I believe I started back in February.

6. What date did you make your forums account? June 2

7. Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not an RP Rank)? Admin

8. How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?

4B8DC806EDE79FC2AED676ED7626F94889745E15

9. Have you donated? No

10. What rank are you applying for? Senior Admin

11. Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? No

12. Have you read the staff guidelines? You will be tested on it: Yes, I have read the Handbook

13. Timezone: PST

14. Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Rookieblue, Calamity, Gamikzone, Catsro, Rangiatea, Igneous

15. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) I think I deserve this rank because I have put in a lot of dedication and time in the server over the past few months. I make sure everyone follows the server’s rules while helping any player in a calm and friendly manner. When I jump on the server, I always try to come with a nice and cheerful attitude to assist players with their needs from staff members. Additionally, I take initiative when sits come up as quickly as I can. I am always looking for opportunities to help out with not only regular players but lower ranking staff as well since I do have a good amount of experience that could help them and improve their work. I treat fellow staff members like good friends: with respect, honesty and in a Rektify-friendly manner. I also see that my fellow staff members need help (whether they are tired after being on duty for hours or need to hop off) and I want to pull the workload off of them when I RP. I wish to be a role model for staff members, one that does not mind answering obvious questions or the tedious work while keeping up a smile and positive attitude so that they may learn to better themselves after watching the way I handle different situations. I do my best to be as active as I can, both in server and forums (which is almost everyday now). The last few months were dedicated to staff since I did not have a RP life in game. My time over the last few years when I was admin for a Zombie RP server helped in terms of what to expect of players and how to handle any situation as calmly and reasonably as I can. Gaminglight is a fantastic community, surrounded by people who want to simply have fun and make the best out of it. I honestly want to take a more active role in helping Gaminglight (perhaps joining Forum diplomat or becoming support). Moving from Trial Mod up to what I am now has made me much more understanding towards certain players, minges or not. I even had the honor to be in two RP command positions, allowing me to build my skills in terms of leadership. I really hope you consider my application and I’ll see you on the server! 

16. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is a curse at you? I would bring the player to one of the staff rooms and freeze the player if he decides to minge/ARDM while the sit is in session. I would then ask the player to settle down but, if they continue to curse at me, I will gag them until I see fit to ungag them (depending on their maturity). After that, I would check their warnings and see whether they have reached their 10th, 20th, 30th or even 40th warn and consider the punishment on top of the Mass RDMs. If the player has either relaxed or been gagged, I would tell the player why they were brought to the sit, explain to them that mass RDM is unacceptable on the server and there will be a punishment given. I will then check the blogs to see how many players they had killed during the Mass RDM and take their SteamID in case they decide to LTAP and warn them for it. If the player did Mass RDM, I will give a 4-5 day ban for the player (which can also be influenced if the player is a new player or not). I will also take the number of warnings and other infringements of the rules into consideration while issuing the ban and continue staffing when everything is done.

17: Please pick and answer one of the questions only if applying for Senior Moderator. If applying for Admin pick two and answer them. If applying for Senior Admin you must answer all three. Answering more than the required amount of questions for the rank you are applying for will result in your application being denied.

Q1: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? First, I would politely ask everyone to settle down and relax. Depending on how far they take their toxicity, it may lead to a gag and possibly a warn if they push it far enough. Then, I would check logs and see what happened during such an event (ex: RDM/Chat issue, etc.). But if it is something that can not be checked in blogs and the sit is going nowhere, then I would ask each player to kindly stay away from each other if their toxicity is being directed towards each other. I would then say that if I find them with each other and being toxic, they (the parties involved) will get individual warnings for their behavior. 

Q2:  In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? I believe that giving the player their punishment that is correctly justified is good enough. If the player says something such as “I don’t care about the punishment, just give me my warn” or “Ban me then” then I will do just that (if the punishment calls for it) and return them without pushing the sit any further.

Q3: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? If there is no evidence to support the player abusing a known bug, then as staff, we can’t do much except to watch the player. Now, if they do exploit a bug and staff sees or there is video evidence, then based on staff jurisdiction, it could lead to either a verbal warning, a warning or possibly a ban if it gets that bad. Additionally, if caught abusing the bug and swears that they are following the server rules, that is considered lying to staff and shall be dealt with accordingly.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

+ Cool guy
+ Very helpful to other staff
+ experienced staff member

-Can be rude and disrespectful at times

+/-Support   leaning -support  good luck! 

~ CI Lieutenant-Colonel LC32/Senior Moderator Corner

“I choose my attitude. On many mornings, it can be difficult. Yet I choose to be a victor, not a victim. I choose to be better, not bitter. I select life over death. I pick blessings over brokenness."

Edited by Gamer6

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

-Support

-Activity that I see is not to par with what a senior admin or even an admin should have.

-A bit of a minge

24 minutes ago, Gamer6 said:

-Don't know much about this, but I'm sure corner wouldn't say this for no reason.

+Application is good 

Overall your application may be good, but based off of your activity and character I don't support this promotion.

Edited by Official Orange

+SUPPORT

+Always helping lower ranks, I can confirm this myself.

+Active

+Uses most of his time on the server staffing, doesn't go off duty too much. I would say he has one of the best balances of RP and staffing.

12 hours ago, Gamer6 said:

^ I haven't experienced this or seen this, so it is still going to be a +support from me.

|Ex-Omi9 MAJ ||E-11 CPT|| Ex-SCPRP Senior Mod|

51 minutes ago, Samm said:

+SUPPORT

+Active

+Uses most of his time on the server staffing, doesn't go off duty too much. I would say he has one of the best balances of RP and staffing.

^ I haven't experienced this or seen this, so it is still going to be a +support from me.

All my experiences with Rektify have been positive,  Not sure where this disrespectful part comes from.

I'm not currently amazingly active but I trust a Superadmins judgement.

Edited by Bor

Trap.—

giphy.gif

+/- Support leaning on - support

- Tbh I dont see you on staff a lot could be time zones.

- As a senior admin your expected to help lead the staff give advice to the newbies etc. Having said that you shouldnt be minging what so ever and its a bad example to other staff and what staff is meant to be

+ Your application is wonderful and when you have done sits youve done them well and kept your professionalism.

TBH its what you do when your bored that makes me think your not fit for senior admin.

~Mervin

On 12/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, Samm said:

+SUPPORT

+Active

I agree with above

Edited by Dr Dark But Not Very Dark

Admin For SCPRP , Vice Commander In Nu-7.

Former Major/Head FTO In Omicron-9

spacer.png

On 12/21/2019 at 10:39 AM, Samm said:

+SUPPORT

+Active

Rektify has my full support to be promoted to the rank of Senior Admin. Rektify has a track record of solid work ethic, efficiently handling staff calls, and is able to get along with most everyone. While he has had issues with professionalism in the past, I believe he has learned from those mistakes and has moved past them. Rektify would be an extremely positive addition to our Senior Admin roster, and I hope to see him advanced.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 12/21/2019 at 5:39 PM, Samm said:

+SUPPORT

+Active

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

On 12/21/2019 at 8:39 AM, Samm said:

+SUPPORT

+Active

On 12/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, Mervin said:

+/- Support leaning on - support

- Tbh I dont see you on staff a lot could be time zones.

- As a senior admin your expected to help lead the staff give advice to the newbies etc. Having said that you shouldnt be minging what so ever and its a bad example to other staff and what staff is meant to be

+ Your application is wonderful and when you have done sits youve done them well and kept your professionalism.

TBH its what you do when your bored that makes me think your not fit for senior admin.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 12/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, Samm said:

+SUPPORT

+Active

He's mainly on later at night, so that's why most of you guys don't see him much, but he's pretty active

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Denied.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept your promotion application. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator