Negevs in dblock - Denied

Crabbo

What you want to see? -  Custom classes with heavy weapons not be able to spawn in security bunks

Why should we add it? -  D class have no chance versus some custom classes that spawn in security bunks, They have 200 200 a negev and a semi sniper while they have a wrench or fists, plus if multible are in dblock once dboys finally kill one the other one walks out from finishing NLR

What are the advantages of having this? - Dclass being able to actually enjoy the game while custom classes are in dblock

Who is it mainly for? -D class and possibly CI

Both + and -support
+SUPPORT
I do agree that trying to deal with 15 gensec, a custom class with a negav, and MTF is a bit to much for a riot
i say gensec isnt allowed extremly heavy weaponry (light machine guns)
its really annoying after a good riot everyone flags up on gensec/mtf and goes to D-Block
-Support
Gensec CC's are donator classes, they should be allowed what they pay for 
CO's and Donator Classes seem reasonable to have heavy weaponry
Anyway, even with -support, i hope this change is implemented

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

-Support

D-Class have at least 20 different Custom Classes, some able to cause a lot of death and destruction, notably: Reznov, D-Class Assassin, Fleshmonger(Not a CC, but I'd hate to imagine it), etc. Granted, you all have melee weapons but they do a lot of damage, and obviously straight rushing isn't exactly a smart idea to begin with. Also D-Class in large groups almost always manage to overrun D-Block.

Security however, only has the one CC, OPSF, and only 5 people own this and will and probably will never be on at the same time. Also, we have to spawn in Gensec bunks because its a Security CC. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

When enough D-class are on Security can barely control a partial lockdown. The typical armament simply fires too slow and deals too little damage to be of use agaisnt a large mob.

If even half of the D-class CC's were used actively then security would be overwhelmed 2/3 times. Security need the heavy firepower of other CC's more then anything.

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

-Support

D-Class have at least 20 different Custom Classes, some able to cause a lot of death and destruction, notably: Reznov, D-Class Assassin, Fleshmonger(Not a CC, but I'd hate to imagine it), etc. Granted, you all have melee weapons but they do a lot of damage, and obviously straight rushing isn't exactly a smart idea to begin with. Also D-Class in large groups almost always manage to overrun D-Block.

Security however, only has the one CC, OPSF, and only 5 people own this and will and probably will never be on at the same time. Also, we have to spawn in Gensec bunks because its a Security CC. 

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

I'm not really sure whats up with this suggestion other then to nerf securities ability to defend D-block which is a huge no-no. D class rushing in waves is already bad enough but if only 1-2 d-class are rushing at a time, you guys aren't supposed to win ever. D-class are supposed to be at a disadvantage in D-block, heavy weaponry or not.

-Support

+/- support
Although it is quite a pain to deal with, it can be dealt with as D-Class. The problem is the ability for non-donator D-Class to deal with this. Becuase they have no ranged weapons, they have to keep rushing the CC until the cc makes a pretty big mistake. But at that point there is most likely a partial and the rest of Gensec is now  off of NLR and ready to deal with the rest of the riot . It makes rioting almost impossible unless there is a also a d-class CC on  that can actually shoot the CC. So this would be a +support...
But doing this would set a bad example for d-block as d-class riots aren't supposed to succeed every time we try. Gensec should have a chance to repel our attacks. 

My real question: what is considered a heavy weapon?

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

only 1 CC spawns in Bunks, and 2 CC i regularly see in D-Block, those being Peggu and OPSF, and while these are powerful classes they are only owned by less than 8 people in total and even when they are online they dont always use it. If this rant is about Security Heavy, which is a donator class not custom class then 1) they dont get negevs 2) Hammers 2-3 shot them 3) you guys also have some powerful CC 4) people paid A LOT of money for these classes, and im sure its going to cause a very big deal if these classes are taken away just because a D-Class got upset he wasnt able to one shot a OFC that wasnt paying attention with his hammer all because someone had a good gun.

-Support

Edited by Tree

+Support

I respect the players and the money they have spent to keep the server up, but this has gotten quite ridiculous, and hinders the ability of class D to make any attempts at rioting not assisted by CI or multiple donators. Class D players are where we gain our player base from, and showing them a complete unbalance from the start doesn’t set a good example for the server.

Edited by BadAim

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

On 12/21/2019 at 2:02 AM, Gunther said:

-Support

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

On 12/21/2019 at 7:53 AM, Matricies said:

I'm not really sure whats up with this suggestion other then to nerf securities ability to defend D-block which is a huge no-no. D class rushing in waves is already bad enough but if only 1-2 d-class are rushing at a time, you guys aren't supposed to win ever. D-class are supposed to be at a disadvantage in D-block, heavy weaponry or not.

-Support

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

-Support

While d-Class are supposed to be at a disadvantage, do you really need negevs, which is by far the best close range weapon, which conveniently mixes with d-class almost strictly having melee. It takes away any chance of fun or winning for d-class. D-Class should at least have some semblance of a chance of winning when using strategy. The negev takes away any chance of that due to it's strength at killing unarmored opponents, most of which can;t do anything when outside of the negev's range of maximum effectiveness.

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

6 hours ago, Ritz said:

While d-Class are supposed to be at a disadvantage, do you really need negevs, which is by far the best close range weapon, which conveniently mixes with d-class almost strictly having melee. It takes away any chance of fun or winning for d-class. D-Class should at least have some semblance of a chance of winning when using strategy. The negev takes away any chance of that due to it's strength at killing unarmored opponents, most of which can;t do anything when outside of the negev's range of maximum effectiveness.

To be fair, you guys have the Hammer, a very OP weapon in of itself. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 12/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, Matricies said:

-Support

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

-Support

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 12/24/2019 at 12:55 AM, Gunther said:

To be fair, you guys have the Hammer, a very OP weapon in of itself. 

The hammers power is only going to be temporary, while i don't think the negev will ever be nerfed. If it does, (like if damage were to be bumped up to 1.0) it wouldn't make a difference at that point.

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

Well in any case, Negevs normally cost 15k in the Armory, or with CC's/Juggernauts you spawn with it. They are meant to be OP, and considering most D-Class don't spawn with armor, its no wonder they die so easy. Not like it matters, D-Class die even without the help of a Negev. The only D-Class don't like it cause out of all weapons, Negev doesn't take 5 seconds worth of shooting to kill D-Class.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, Matricies said:

-Support

200.gif

On 12/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, Gunther said:

Well in any case, Negevs normally cost 15k in the Armory, or with CC's/Juggernauts you spawn with it. They are meant to be OP, and considering most D-Class don't spawn with armor, its no wonder they die so easy. Not like it matters, D-Class die even without the help of a Negev. The only D-Class don't like it cause out of all weapons, Negev doesn't take 5 seconds worth of shooting to kill D-Class.

Juggernauts: 3 slots : Platinum locked : Spawns across the map from d-block : Main job isn't d-block : 200-200 stats
Security CC's: 5 slots (each, and there are 2-3 atm) : Spawns at D-block : Main job is D-Block: 200-200 stats

Comparing them isn't a good thing due to the big discrepancies that appear. 

Non-Donator D-class don't have any armor so the negev has a time to kill of less than half a second on anyone who hasn't thrown money at the server. The problem here is that it requires either a d-class cc, or a swarm of about 10 D-Class just to kill a single Gensec CC (It's a MTF with a Gensec tag on it). 

At least give the D-Class a chance to succeed, going for a almost impossible goal is much better than going for an impossible goal.

Edited by Ritz
Had to Clarify something

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

4 minutes ago, Ritz said:

I was not comparing them, I only mentioned them together because they spawn with Negevs, mostly. And not all CC's spawn in D-Block, only 2 do.

6 minutes ago, Ritz said:

I was not comparing them, I only mentioned them together because they spawn with Negevs, mostly. And not all CC's spawn in D-Block, only 2 do.

7 minutes ago, Ritz said:

Non-Donator D-class don't have any armor so the negev has a time to kill of less than half a second on anyone who hasn't thrown money at the server. The problem here is that it requires either a d-class cc, or a swarm of about 10 D-Class just to kill a single Gensec CC (It's a MTF with a Gensec tag on it). 

Even without the Negev, again, any weapon shreds through D-Class, as that's supposed to be that way. And if I remember correctly, a single D-Class with a hammer, scythe, or even a bat can do a lot of damage to an unsuspecting Gensec. That's why you plan your attacks, not run headfirst into battle without a plan.

200.gif

28 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Why mention them if they don't deal with the discussed topic, which is the presence of negevs in d-block. I fixed that second part

29 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Even without the Negev, again, any weapon shreds through D-Class, as that's supposed to be that way. And if I remember correctly, a single D-Class with a hammer, scythe, or even a bat can do a lot of damage to an unsuspecting Gensec. That's why you plan your attacks, not run headfirst into battle without a plan.

let me explain the problem, It feels as if the Security CCs negate planning as it takes about 2-3 waves of d-class just to kill a singular cc due to the negev and their large health. And by the time the cc finally dies, all of the other Gensec that died are off NLR. It makes any kind of rioting impossible.  

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

22 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Even without the Negev, again, any weapon shreds through D-Class, as that's supposed to be that way.

The issue arrives when it would normally require multiple members of security to put down a riot, but these custom jobs are able to do so with complete ease without any assistance. They double the efficiency of security and make class D that are already facing low odds of succeeding face a near impassable barrier.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

1 hour ago, Ritz said:

Why mention them if they don't deal with the discussed topic, which is the presence of negevs in d-block. I fixed that second part

let me explain the problem, It feels as if the Security CCs negate planning as it takes about 2-3 waves of d-class just to kill a singular cc due to the negev and their large health. And by the time the cc finally dies, all of the other Gensec that died are off NLR. It makes any kind of rioting impossible.  

Well first off because there are few Gensec CC's, 7 people own these CC's. There is rarely more than 2 on at a time. Also, we also have a shotgun and a Scar-20, so even without the Negev, we still have strong weapons. This whole post is a way to nerf Gensec's ability to hold D-Block. Rioting in no way is supposed to be a 1-3 man job. The same way D-Class paid for a custom job to kill us quicker, we paid for a CC to counter-balance that. 3 months ago D-Class would have ran D-Block, cause of Reznov's constant rioting and OP CC, now that Gensec has turned the tables, now D-Class complain and try to nerf us.

200.gif

ok sooo my opinion on this is -support those ccs with negevs can be 3 shot with a hammer and when a mass riot happens if its just them unless they hold a choke point they are going to get overrun and either way even a ofc with his smg can hold a chokepoint if he knows how to do it (bit of an overexageration but the idea is that anyone can hold a choke point) you have an over power weapon able to decimate us so why cant we use similar tactics unless the hammer gets nerfed I see no reason to make us have to change our tactics when you use the same tactics. also I understand how non donaters are at a massive disadvantage here but remember when the scythe was around? it fell out of popularity after around a month (still used now but rarely) you dclass wanted a buff we gave you a buff now stop trying to get a further buff by nerfing GENSEC into the point of uselessness until people get tired of the hammer. (apologies if I was a bit rude in this rant I just care about gensec and don't want it nerfed into the ground)

On 12/21/2019 at 5:53 AM, Matricies said:

-Support

-Support

There are many different custom classes for D Class that can actually overwhelm security fairly easy. Security needs a lot of help, especially when huge riots literally come out of nowhere. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia